Who was the best president

of the United States of America?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Who was the best?

Some dude
40%
Some other dude
60%

Total votes: 10

Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Dr. Watson wrote:I didn't really like Some Dude's administration...too liberal. :-k
Yeah, he doesn't stand a chance against Some Other Dude. :noway:

Alei Solo wrote:Actually,Sam Adams did a lot of work starting out the Revolution. He was just not only "that beer guy." :D
I was just about to say that...

Anyway, I'm gonna go with Washington. \:D/ Sorry for a generic answer, but anyone who gets his horse shot out from under him deserves some respect! \:D/
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

Why does no one ever pick James Buchanan? I'm beginning to think there's some massive conspiracy against the fine man...

That said, I consider it a near toss-up between John Adams, James Madison, Grover Cleveland and Calvin Coolidge, with, perhaps, Madison edging the others out.
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Dr. Watson wrote:I didn't really like Some Dude's administration...too liberal. :-k
WHAT!!??? :x How could you consider Some Dude to be liberal!? If anything, he is a champion of conservatism! You lunatic fringe, you!! :x
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Raskolnikov wrote:1. Lincoln
2. Reagan
3. Washington
This would by my order as well. \:D/

Also this thread is calling for Finneman's as we really don't have any "debates" going on, just differing preferences.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
jim
Processing

Post by jim »

Overall, I would say Thomas Jefferson & George Washington as they set the foundation for everyone else.

The best President of the last 100 years would be Ronald Reagan.
Free Comic emailed weekly!
http://www.gumballgang.com
Live DrawingCam! http://www.kidstimestudio.com/drawingcam
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Abraham Lincoln. Of course I am probably biased since I have been interested in him since I was nine years old. =D>
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Hmmm I would have to say...

1. George Washington
2. Ronald Regan
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I've also considered Washington to be the best president, though I suppose I should do more research, eh?

*Short pause*

Nah, I'll just stick with Washington \:D/
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

George Washington and Abraham Lincoln...mainly because I'm no history major and don't even remember most of the presidents' names ;) ...I just remember these two have stood out for me because of many of the things I've heard and the stories I've read about them and especially because of their Christian background (though I've heard that Lincoln may not have actually accepted Christ until later in life...)
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Zedekiah wrote:That said, I consider it a near toss-up between John Adams, James Madison, Grover Cleveland and Calvin Coolidge, with, perhaps, Madison edging the others out.
Yay! Someone finally mentioned John Adams in their list! \:D/

I used to adore Lincoln, but honestly, the more I learn about him, the more he's on the lower level for me.

And George Washington? He's awesome because he was the first president, but I don't think he can honestly be called the best president, in my opinion, anyway.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.