Odyssey is in OHIO?!?!?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

darcy wrote:No, they said so in Family Portraits, which is technically separate from AIO. Read Nathan's post above. :D
technically speaking its not really it just has a diferen't name!!!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Well, it began what became AIO and some of the episodes were rerun as AIO episodes, but reread what Nathan said for why I said it is "technically separate." :D
Nathan Hoobler wrote:I don't believe that the Family Portraits episodes are necessarily Odyssey "canon." There are a number of facts in those shows that contradict what Odyssey eventually became. For example, in that same show, Whit's description of the history of Whit's End is very different than what Tom tells in "Recollections."

In short, Odyssey MAY OR MAY NOT be in Ohio. :D
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
LiviNoel
I've been here a bit

Post by LiviNoel »

It may be a little weird...there's discussion about Odyssey being in Ohio...but if you want to visit Whit's End...you need to go to Rock Springs, Colorado, and try Whit's Wod Fam Choc Sod (World Famous Chocolate Soda).
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I sooooooo badly wish they had the Whit's End shop in Ohio because....I live in Ohio and that would be awesome!
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

agent3xq wrote:I sooooooo badly wish they had the Whit's End shop in Ohio because....I live in Ohio and that would be awesome!
I reallt really really wish they had one i southern California bc thats were i live.
bubblegumluva13
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by bubblegumluva13 »

i guess that would make sense.but wat about the time when connie was going 2 mitch's funeral and that was in Maine. She said she was" heading over there now" and it started in a few minutes. that would be kinda hard 2 get from Ohio 2 Maine in under a few minutes. just a thought
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I think that was actually when Connie was going to Mitch's memorial service, not his actual funeral in Maine. :) When Connie does go to Maine to visit Mitch's sister Rachael, she definitely takes more then two minutes. ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:I think that was actually when Connie was going to Mitch's memorial service, not his actual funeral in Maine. :) When Connie does go to Maine to visit Mitch's sister Rachael, she definitely takes more then two minutes. ;)
Maybe it was just a short hop in a plane. :noway:
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Odyssey is Deafanatly (sp) in ohio check out this link and scroll to the bottom
http://www.odysseyscoop.com/misc/where_ ... is_not.htm
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
nick mullugan
Gold Member

Post by nick mullugan »

I hate ohio
and besides if you have to cross the river and as soon as you are across the river you are in ohio so odossey is in kentucky my home state
Nathan Hoobler wrote:
AREM350 wrote:I had no idea that this idea was ever addressed but in "Whit's Visitor" that's what it says but then again in "Underground Railroad" the slaves were running north to cross the Ohio River. And before they got to the Ohio they came to Rev. Andrew's church (Whit's End). So that would make it south of the Ohio. But there's no way that a city could be south of the Ohio River and in the state of Ohio :-s....anyone follow that? lol well if we've learned anything over the years it's that the writers are human i suppose
Actually, they cross the Ohio long before they get to Rev. Andrew's house and church. So Odyssey is definitely north of the Ohio River.

I don't believe that the Family Portraits episodes are necessarily Odyssey "canon." There are a number of facts in those shows that contradict what Odyssey eventually became. For example, in that same show, Whit's description of the history of Whit's End is very different than what Tom tells in "Recollections."

In short, Odyssey MAY OR MAY NOT be in Ohio. :D

Nathan
wrong because ohio was a free stte why would the keep heading north

edit- Double post removed. Please refrain from double posting. Thank you! ~Karin Doyle
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Because of the new slave law remember!
nick mullugan
Gold Member

Post by nick mullugan »

therer was no new slave law
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Yeah, remember after the slave law, slave owners could go into the north to capture their slaves and underground railroad helpers could be imprisoned and the only way a slave could be free is if they escaped to canada.
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

agent3xsomething is right nick, listen to the episode again! ;)