Questions for Shadowpaw

...or anyone else who can answer!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

Shadowpaw wrote:Speaking of problems that only occur for a few members, do people still need to log in or log out a couple of times before it works?
This happens on occasion, but never from home where I am logged in automatically. Only at school or work.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Shadowpaw wrote: Speaking of problems that only occur for a few members, do people still need to log in or log out a couple of times before it works?
I have to log in twice...
Oh, another question. HOw do you get a job?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

http://thetoo.com/jobs.php If there's any left..
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote: Speaking of problems that only occur for a few members, do people still need to log in or log out a couple of times before it works?
I have to log in twice...
Oh, another question. HOw do you get a job?
Shadowpaw explains this in the "Earning Money" thread.

Getting a Job

Another major component of this board is your ability to get hired! If you click on "Jobs", you'll be taken to a page listing all current available job offers. You will be paid every 3 days provided you "show up for work". Showing up for work simply means you log onto the board within a three day span to collect your pay check. If you don't, you won't be paid... so be sure to visit the board regularly or you will stop collecting money.

There is a wide range of possible job opportunities and a limited number of positions available for any given career. So once all positions have been filled, the job will disappear from the database until a member quits his or her job, or is fired. Many high paying jobs require an education of some sort, but due to the cost of getting the degree, it will take some time before you'll be eligible to apply. However, the more you invest into the items required for better jobs, the more money you will make from working.

And keep in mind that like the real world... people do get laid off. Every so often events happen around town that will affect the job market. This will hopefully keep things fresh and keep everyone on their toes.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

when will the bank be up and running
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

How do you use a smiley as an avatar?
...I hate marquees.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Just find a smiley you like.....right click it.....go to properties. Copy the address (url) and paste it into the 'link avatar from another site'.

Does that make sense? Like......this smiley :anxious: would be

http://www.thetoo.com/images/smiles/eusa_shifty.gif
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Shadowpaw wrote:Speaking of problems that only occur for a few members, do people still need to log in or log out a couple of times before it works?
That used to happen....but not anymore! \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Simbelmyne34 wrote:Just find a smiley you like.....right click it.....go to properties. Copy the address (url) and paste it into the 'link avatar from another site'.

Does that make sense? Like......this smiley :anxious: would be

http://www.thetoo.com/images/smiles/eusa_shifty.gif
I thought that didn't work anymore..I guess it does..
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

J-man wrote:How do you use a smiley as an avatar?
In the Link to off-site box provided in your Profile, paste the URL of the emoticon.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yeah I knew that, but I thought the option wasn't working. Apparently I was wrong. :-k
...I hate marquees.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Shadowpaw fixed it!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Great. =D> =D> =D>
...I hate marquees.
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Blarg. I feel stupid. Why isn't my avatar showing up under my name when I post? It shows up on my profile . . .
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

It your avatar from the gallery, your computer or a website?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Joni_Slade wrote:Blarg. I feel stupid. Why isn't my avatar showing up under my name when I post? It shows up on my profile . . .
Have you purchased the avatar privilege yet? The one time fee for using avatars is only $25. To buy the avatar privledge, go here.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

When we get a faction can we get it named something besides [clans name] headquarters
Joni_Slade
Pilgrim

Post by Joni_Slade »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Have you purchased the avatar privilege yet?
Ohhh, I hadn't. Thank you much :)
Me
An original

Post by Me »

J-man wrote:Yeah I knew that, but I thought the option wasn't working. Apparently I was wrong. :-k
It's the upload from your comp that isn't working. Remote linking does.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Eugene Kendall wrote:When we get a faction can we get it named something besides [clans name] headquarters
Yep, the name of the forum can be whatever you want... the Bones meet in the "The Bones of Wrath Cave" for example.