ToO Fantasy Hockey League

Join the ToOHL!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I am very happy this is up and hoping to improve on my 4th :x place finish last year.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'll try to overtake my previous placement of 7th (I think :anxious: ) this year - I'm coming after you, Shadowpaw! :x It was very mean of you to kick Regis out just because he was dying, by the way - you could have at least helped him get some two-tier healthcare or something! ;)

I don't remember what I called my team last year. I'll have to try to think of something cool! \:D/ Was I Catspaw's Crusaders or something like that? :-k

Thanks for doing all of this, Trent! Yay! \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'm pretty certain your team name was Catspaw's Crusaders. :)
danadelfos wrote:I want to do it! \:D/ But I need to wait until payday in 3 days. Trent could you save me a place. :D
Send me what you have now and you can pay me the rest after you receive your paycheck. ;)

I'm still waiting for entry fees from Sound Guy of Alabama, Evil Chick, and Catspaw.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

WHats the fee for i think i missed that
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Well, you and Catspaw just submitted your respectiev fees... I've added you both to the ToOHL faction! \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was going to donate before, but I forgot. :anxious: It's sent now, Trent! \:D/

Catspaw's Crusaders is way out of date! The Millenium Falcon is the new super-cool team! \:D/ (Though I did like having my name in my old one). :(
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Catspaw wrote:I was going to donate before, but I forgot. :anxious: It's sent now, Trent! \:D/

Catspaw's Crusaders is way out of date! The Millenium Falcon is the new super-cool team! \:D/ (Though I did like having my name in my old one). :(
Well, The Catspaw Falcon doesn't have the same ring to it. :(

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I was going to donate before, but I forgot. :anxious: It's sent now, Trent! \:D/

Well, The Catspaw Falcon doesn't have the same ring to it. :(
Sad but true. :( Oh, well. Perhaps if my name is a bad choice, then I can blame that if I do poorly in the hockey pool. ;)
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Would it be alright if I joined though I know practically nothing about hockey? :anxious: It looks so fun!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

:lol: That's a good idea, Catspaw! I should have thought of that! I took the same name I took last time. :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

If you want to change your team name, just go to the "My Team" tag and select "Edit Team Info."
NatetheGreat wrote:Would it be alright if I joined though I know practically nothing about hockey? :anxious: It looks so fun!
If you don't mind going through six months of fantasy hockey, then sure. ;) What we discovered last year is that pretty much everyone was really engaged in the hockey pool for the first month or so... after then, the interest level waned and most people weren't even managing their teams anymore. I don't mean to discourage you from joining, though. It's definitely a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. \:D/ Just know that it is long and that you will have to be constantly active throughout the season.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I'll give it a try. My fee has been sent.

Everyone should have a happy dance.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote:Would it be alright if I joined though I know practically nothing about hockey? :anxious: It looks so fun!
If you don't mind going through six months of fantasy hockey, then sure. ;) What we discovered last year is that pretty much everyone was really engaged in the hockey pool for the first month or so... after then, the interest level waned and most people weren't even managing their teams anymore. I don't mean to discourage you from joining, though. It's definitely a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. \:D/ Just know that it is long and that you will have to be constantly active throughout the season.
Do you need to know much about hockey (more than just hitting a puck into a net) to be able to do well? :anxious:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

NatetheGreat wrote:Do you need to know much about hockey (more than just hitting a puck into a net) to be able to do well? :anxious:
You have to know players to do well. O:)
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote:Do you need to know much about hockey (more than just hitting a puck into a net) to be able to do well? :anxious:
You have to know players to do well. O:)
Ah. *silently walks out of room partially due to the fact he's never seen a hockey game in his life* O:)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

There are sites that you can use to research players, so if you don't know anything, but you have time that you want to spend researching, you could still do well. :) So if you really want to join, dedication could be more of a factor then general hockey knowledge. :)
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Catspaw wrote:There are sites that you can use to research players, so if you don't know anything, but you have time that you want to spend researching, you could still do well. :) So if you really want to join, dedication could be more of a factor then general hockey knowledge. :)
Due to my limited time, I don't think I have enough time to be that dedicated... :anxious:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Be aware! Er, I am win... er... The New Crusaders shall prevail!! *rides off on his horse*
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

David O has filled up the final spot in the ToOHL (you still need to send me your entry fee ;))!

This thread can now be de-globalized. \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Darcie wrote:
Nigel wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote:Haha, though I'm not sure about Canadians "taking over the board." Last I checked, there's never been a term where a Canadian wasn't in charge ;). Thus there's nothing to take over!
Top and EB aren't Canadian so you must be referring to yourself, eh? :-k
I was thinking the same thing about Jonathan and Heidi, eh. :-k
Yeah, I was just naming the first term. ;)
Applesauce wrote:Maybe Shadowpaw is also referring to mods?
I thought about that later. :-$