Something Blue

aww man

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i really liked mitch as well. i don't understand why the character is so disliked by so many. he wasn't a "perfect" Christian, but that is what makes Odyssey so "real".
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I agree, I really liked Mitch, but he was the one who helped Liz catch me as the hero of the school, but he was very wise and had a comical intelligence.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Some people *glares at Jonathan* didn't like the way that Connie acted kind of pathetic around Mitch, and didn't enjoy the romantic angle as much as some of us *smiles sweetly at herself* did.

I can kind of see the "Connie shouldn't become a pile of unintelligent goo in Mitch's presence" thing, but I still liked Mitch. :inlove:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Catspaw wrote: *glares at Jonathan*
*laughs*
suzanne291 wrote:I mean, come on, he was great in Here Today, Gone Tomorrow...
I'll give you that one. But that was probably the only episode of his that I really like (besides Something Blue part 2).
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan wrote:
Catspaw wrote: *glares at Jonathan*
*laughs*
*glares again* Your reputation precedes you. ;)
Jonathan wrote:...But that was probably the only episode of his that I really like (besides Something Blue part 2).
*points to Jonathan's comment made a year ago regarding a contented sigh during the break-up scene*

People with long memories or who re-read part of this thread to figure out when it was bumped from probably already knew that, Jonathan dear. ;)
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I have always liked Mitch, too. :) The break-up was really sad, I thought.
I have to admit that I agree with Catspaw - I enjoyed the romantic angle. :) However, I suppose I could also agree that the break-up was a good thing...
LiviNoel
I've been here a bit

Post by LiviNoel »

I actually really liked the Connie/Mitch thing. It's sad that their relationship is over, but more sad that Mitch won't be on the show anymore.

I mean, come on, he was great in Here Today, Gone Tomorrow...
I understand where you're coming from. I liked the idea of Connie finally finding someone. She's struggled with her singleness in the past, and she's grown so much--you're just rooting for her finally have the right guy come along and sweep her off her feet. When Mitch came along as "Robert Mitchell, but my friends call me Mitch." I had high hopes because he seemed to take after Whit a little. Whit is Connie's father figure, so it would make sense that she would like a guy that had similarities to Whit.

But, obviously, Mitch didn't have the same Whit characteristics. You don't really want to admit it, but the episodes brings that out. It became a forced relationship, which is never a good thing. *sigh

I hope that Connie does eventually have a good partner come onto the show. I hope that it starts just as a good friendship, maybe not so blatantly obvious as a relationship--like the crush on Mitch was. Maybe more of a mature way of dealing with a relationship from the get go.

Anyway, it was good that the engagement ended, even if you liked Mitch some...oh well...
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

do you really think mitch is gone for good? maybe time away from connie will get him to reevaluate his priorities. after being away from someone, you realize how much you need them.

ah, love............

:inlove:
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Jasper Dale wrote:do you really think mitch is gone for good? maybe time away from connie will get him to reevaluate his priorities. after being away from someone, you realize how much you need them.

ah, love............

Now that would be cool! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like the idea of a romantic relationship happening on AIO, but I really don't like the thought of Connie getting married. I liked Mitch, but I can't say that I was sorry that they didn't get married. That would just be too weird. Maybe Jason can bump into Monica or Tasha again so my AIO romance happiness factor will be fulfilled. ;)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Jasper Dale wrote:do you really think mitch is gone for good? maybe time away from connie will get him to reevaluate his priorities. after being away from someone, you realize how much you need them.

ah, love............

Nathan has said he's gone.
Catspaw wrote:I liked Mitch, but I can't say that I was sorry that they didn't get married.
I liked reading that part of your post ;)
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

Ah, Jonathan. You have absolutely no romantic side at all do you?

;)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Aram Doyle wrote:Ah, Jonathan. You have absolutely no romantic side at all do you?

;)
Not really. And I didn't have a problem with the 'romance' (there are several 'romantic' eps I do like), I just found the whole relationship corny and cliched (especially that first scene).
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I liked Mitch, but I can't say that I was sorry that they didn't get married.
I liked reading that part of your post ;)
Oh, come on...I think that I've said that before. Don't like me saying that too much, or I'll be forced to change my mind and unceasingly harass FOTF about the importance of marriage until they have a five-year plan to bring Connie from meeting somebody to being happily married and showing a slideshow of honeymoon pictures from Paris. ;)