Homeschool Debate

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
goblygook
Not as new

Homeschool Debate

Post by goblygook »

Does anyone here do homeschool debate?
I am going into my second year.
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

never heard of it
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Oh yeah! Yayness! Huzzah! I've been waiting for this!

*composes herself*

Yes, I do compete in homeschool debate (and speech! \:D/ ). NCFCA it the best! This will be my fourth year in NCFCA. All you other homeschoolers out there better check it out ( http://www.ncfca.org ) You are missing out. (I may track some of you ToOers down if I'm going to be in the area for a tournament :D ).

~OrigamiKid
(Yes, I did an expos on origami two years ago)

Edit: heh, I know who you are goblygook! I know where you live! heh, but it took me a sec...
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

OrigamiKid wrote:Oh yeah! Yayness! Huzzah! I've been waiting for this!

*composes herself*

Yes, I do compete in homeschool debate (and speech! \:D/ ). NCFCA it the best! This will be my fourth year in NCFCA. All you other homeschoolers out there better check it out ( http://www.ncfca.org ) You are missing out. (I may track some of you ToOers down if I'm going to be in the area for a tournament :D ).

~OrigamiKid

Edit: heh, I know who you are goblygook! I know where you live! heh, but it took me a sec...
YOU'RE IN NCFCA???!?!??!?!?

That is SO cool! I am not in NCFCA, but I am in CCO- it seperated from NCFCA. This will be my first year debating! I am really excited!

A lot of kids who are in CCO used to be in NCFCA. \:D/
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Lady Simbelmynë wrote:

*composes herself*

~OrigamiKid

That is SO cool! I am not in NCFCA, but I am in CCO- it seperated from NCFCA. This will be my first year debating! I am really excited!

CCO is in Ohio right? If I'm thinking of the right group they split off a few years ago.

Yeah, I'm in NCFCA (hence my leaving every few weeks in the spring ;) )

~OrigamiKid
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

OK, after having survived a heart attack when I saw the topic title, I now realize what this thread is about. Good, carry on.

:anxious:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Dr. Watson wrote:OK, after having survived a heart attack when I saw the topic title, I now realize what this thread is about. Good, carry on.

*laughs*

I also suffered a heart attack.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

OrigamiKid wrote:
Lady Simbelmynë wrote:

*composes herself*

~OrigamiKid

CCO is in Ohio right? If I'm thinking of the right group they split off a few years ago.

Yeah, I'm in NCFCA (hence my leaving every few weeks in the spring ;) )

~OrigamiKid
Yes, Christian Communicators of Ohio. ;)

Heh, the joys of leaving every few weeks is great! \:D/

I don't know if you know- but Emily Witt? *too lazy to get the link to her profile* She's in CCO as well, and I believe that she used to be in NCFCA, but I'm not certain.... :D

Also- Carolita knows somebody that is in CCO too!! O:)
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Hmmm I'm not doing Speech and Debate right now because we're a little to busy. But dad judges it once or twice a year...
LiviNoel
I've been here a bit

Post by LiviNoel »

No. I was going to a long time ago, but my life was to busy to devote enough time to it. But a ton of my friends were really into it. But that was many moons ago.
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i really liked debate in high school. i'm curious, what were some of the issues of the debates you participated in?
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

I have debated the following:

Team Debate 2003-2004 Policy Resolution: Resolved: That the United States federal government should significantly change its policy toward one or more of its protectorates.

Team Debate 2004-2005 Policy Resolution: Resolved: That the United States should change its energy policy to substantially reduce its dependence on foreign oil.

Lincoln-Douglas 2005-2006 Values Resolution: Resolved: That the media's right to protect confidential sources is more important than the public's right to know.

I also timed a bunch of Team Policy rounds this past year:

Team Debate 2005-2006 Policy Resolution: Resolved: That medical malpractice law should be significantly reformed in the United States.

What topics did you debate Jasper?

~OrigamiKid
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

YAY!! This is my first year of NCFCA I'm doing speech and LD value debate. Wouldn't it be funny of some of us knew each other, without knowing it?

-Dodge
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Dr. Watson wrote:OK, after having survived a heart attack when I saw the topic title, I now realize what this thread is about. Good, carry on.

I was seriously wondering myself :wink:

we could have a debate on whether people like homeschool or not....wow, that could get interesting.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

pinkjeans92 wrote:

we could have a debate on whether people like homeschool or not....wow, that could get interesting.
It's been done. ;)

But, of course, we all know that homeschooling is of the LUNATIC FRINGE!!!!! :x
goblygook
Not as new

Post by goblygook »

That's pretty cool! I didn't know there were so many ToOer's who did debate.

I did Medical Malpractice and the current topic is Resolved: That the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) should be significantly reformed or abolished.

Edit - Please try to avoid double posts. Thanks! - Catspaw
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Jonathan wrote:

*laughs*

I also suffered a heart attack.
lol... Yeah. Same here. :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I don't do debate (But I will next year) I am in speech though. I had no idea that anyone else on the ToO was in NCFCA! Well, except The Artful Dodger. (she is in my club)
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

The Top Crusader wrote:
pinkjeans92 wrote:

It's been done. ;)

*evil voice* But of course. (see title)

Yeah, I'm an NCFCA judge.
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Raskolnikov wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
pinkjeans92 wrote:

It's been done. ;)

*evil voice* But of course. (see title)
*shuns Rask*

It would have been nice to do debate; one of the moms in our homeschool group was trying to get several of the kids into it, but it never gelled. I'm not sure how well I'd do in speaking debates; I'd rather do writing debates. ;)