Yankee Candles

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

I like to burn candles!

Yes, they bring beauty to my home!
85%
No, they smell up the house!
15%

Total votes: 20

Jasper Dale
OK

Yankee Candles

Post by Jasper Dale »

okay, i am curious as to how many people are "into" candles? my wife and i are looking forward to fall and burning candles in the evening and we like the Yankee Candles the best.

right now, we are burning one from last Christmas called 'fig and rose' and it is filling the house.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

\:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm not into them at all. I think they are dangerous.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I generally don't like strong scents, but I love to burn cinnamon or apple type candles. \:D/ They make it seem so cozy and Christmasy feeling in the house! O:)
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I love candles! And so does my mom, so usually in the fall/winter we have candles burning a lot. :D Just posting this makes me want to burn a candle! ;)
I'm not sure how much I've used the Yankee Candles, though.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like candles, but I don't love them. ;) My mom really likes candles, and especially in winter she often has at least one burning all evening. My grandma likes to buy those super-big three-wick candles that last forever and use then as Christmas presents, so my mom always has plenty to burn! \:D/ I like the look of some candles, but I almost never burn one in my room.

Strong scents bother me a lot, so I prefer candles that have a very light scent only. :)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I think they're a fire hazard, but someone I know really likes them. :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Poor Davari, may he rest in peace. :( His love for candles was his undoing. :(
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

The Top Crusader wrote:I think they're a fire hazard, but someone I know really likes them. :(
And I'm sure you care a great deal about that someone, despite that. ;)

I like candles a lot... Especially ones that smell like autumn\Christimas... *Sighs blissfully* They're quite neat, and I like the glow that candles give, especially at night.

Yankee Candles are nice but too expensive. Sure, they've got dozens of difference scents, but I'll stick to buying my candles at the local candle store. \:D/
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i like the Christmas-ee scents as well. my wife is more likely to burn one of those flowery candles which is okay from time to time. i think my favourite candle of all time is Crabtree and Evelyn's "Noel". we usually buy one every year around Christmas time.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I love the smell of their Candles. I especally like going into their shops and smelling the candles to see which one to buy
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i think my favourite "Yankee' candle is Home Sweet Home. my mom buys us one of the big candles every year and it is always Home Sweet Home. it really makes the house smell like Christmas!

=D>
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

I love candles.

They're so pretty.

And peacefully sweet.

And....romantic. :inlove:

:anxious:
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I love candles! Vanilla is my #1 favorite, but I switch to the holiday scents at Christmas time. When someone gives me a gift card for Pier One, I buy one of theirs, I think it's called Rain. I usually receive a ton as gifts, but when I buy them, it's mainly at Walmart.
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

I don't care for them, lights work better :-
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Except for when the power goes out. It's fun doing devotions by candle light.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

I like them. I too have to be careful with strong scents, but if they're in a different part of the house, it's okay.

We're always careful to put them out when we're done. My mom loves them as well, Yankee Candles are expensive, but they make nice presents.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I love vanilla candles. And I rescued this thread before it got bumped to page 2!

Some candles smell really good and some make me want to burn the place down!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I love candles - they make the house so cozy feeling!
I don't like the gross, fruity or flowery scents. But I do like cinnamon, apple, vanilla, fresh linen (so fresh, it's good for the bathrooms and stuff), and pumpkin.

We currently have a really pretty one right now, it's called Pumpkin Patch, but I don't think it's a Yankee Candle. I'm pretty sure it might be Home and Garden Party, or something like that.

Sarah
Last edited by Sarah on Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I like pumpkin smelling candles. :anxious:
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I LOVE candles :D :D :D \:D/ \:D/
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image