The Alan Young Show

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Chandler

The Alan Young Show

Post by Chandler »

I posted this on the Whit's End board also.

The Alan Young Show!

Right-click the link to download the show! \:D/

The guy who uploaded the shows also provides a mini-bio of Alan Young which should interest you. Also refer to Alan Young's Wikipedia page. Here's an interview about his role in "The Time Machine."
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

thanks for the link! alan young is one of my favourite actors on Odyssey. plus, as a little boy, i remember mr. ed, very well!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Glad I made one person happy! :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I want to listen to the whole thing, but on dial-up, it takes a while to load an audio thing that's over an hour long. :( But you made me happy anyway, Chandler, if that makes you feel better. ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:I want to listen to the whole thing, but on dial-up, it takes a while to load an audio thing that's over an hour long. :( But you made me happy anyway, Chandler, if that makes you feel better. ;)
Insulting your Han avatar always makes you happy. :neener:
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i hope that alan young will be featured a lot this next season. next to hal smith, he has to be the most reassuring "voice" of the series.
Jack Allen
Gold Member

Post by Jack Allen »

Joanne and I loved this show. We used to watch it all all the time!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Good to hear, Jack! It seems like the kind of show that you two would like! I must watch it some time, if you two highly recommend it! \:D/
Jack Allen
Gold Member

Post by Jack Allen »

Actually, the Alan Young Show was a television series that ran for a few years in the early 1950s.
Bernard Walton
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Bernard Walton »

These young'uns are too young to remember the good ol' days of television, Jack. Nowadays they're preoccupied with sitting in front of a computer screen, or watching re-runs of Bugs Bunny and Barney. :displeased:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jack Allen wrote:Actually, the Alan Young Show was a television series that ran for a few years in the early 1950s.
Jack dear, I have no idea what you're talking about. :noway:

Because I realized my mistake in about a minute and immediately edited my post, apparently right before you posted. ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The link I posted was to the radio show that preceded the TV show that came later. :)
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Jack Allen wrote:Joanne and I loved this show. We used to watch it all all the time!
But you didn't know Joanne back in the 50's :-s

You mean you and Emily?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

They watched the re-runs. ;)
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

I'm sure Jack and Joanne have a lot of time to talk about the t.v. shows they watched when they were younger while they refurbished all those antique televisons down at the "J & J".

:-
LiviNoel
I've been here a bit

Post by LiviNoel »

They said he was a eleven years old. Hard to get a marriage license at that age! Ha ha

Thanks for the link!
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

you know when get older, sometimes you lose track of time. i'm sure jack wasn't telling a falsehood, his memory just needs jogging!!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

LiviNoel wrote:They said he was a eleven years old. Hard to get a marriage license at that age! Ha ha

Thanks for the link!
:lol: You're welcome. :) It was pretty funny to hear "Mr. Allen" saying that, wasn't it?