What's the first album you'd give to someone new?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

What's the first album you'd give to someone new?

Post by Agent3xq »

Sorry if this has already been done, but what album would you give to someone that doesn't know anything about AIO?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Welcome To Odyssey, the ultimate "starter-kit" as it were.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The EKster wrote:Welcome To Odyssey, the ultimate "starter-kit" as it were.
That was my first album and I love it.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Laurie wrote:
The EKster wrote:Welcome To Odyssey, the ultimate "starter-kit" as it were.
That was my first album and I love it.
The first album I got was "Wish You Were Here!" of course I had listened to AIO before but Wish You Were Here is a great first album if you want to be un-conventional.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Welcome to Odyssey might be a better choice for a first time listener because the back of the album has introductory information on Tom, Whit, Connie and Eugene. Anyone listening to Wish You Were Here for the first time might be confused as to who the characters are, especially since Jack Allen is introduced in this album. :D
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I would suggest 2 or 5 to start out. Grins and Grabbers was my first and I always thought 5 would be a great jolt start to get someone really excited into Odyssey since there's no prerequisites needed to listen to Daring Deeds.
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

for older listeners, i would have them take the plunge and listen to "darkness before the dawn". of course, i would have to give them a five minute primer on who's who in odyssey, but it would surely catch their interest really quick.
LiviNoel
I've been here a bit

Post by LiviNoel »

I would do the starter kit, but I can't remember which album it was that had a lot of episodes with the young Barclay family. Those are good episodes that give you a good taste as to what Odyssey is about.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

The first one I ever heard was #22, which was not a good one to start with. ANNAN is rather confusing without any previous knowledge of AIO... :anxious:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I heard ANNAN when it aired on the radio and I did have previous knowledge...

I still didn't get it. :-$
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

I would recommend "Welcome to Odyssey" to the first time listenener. However, "Twists and Turns" would also work well. It was one of my earliest albums (the only two that came before it were "In Your Wildest Dreams!" and "At Home and Abroad").
Last edited by Waluigi Freak 99 on Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything written in this post is false.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Like others have said, I think Welcome to Odyssey is a great album to start with. It introduces the main characters, so it isn't really confusing. I'd listened to several Odyssey episodes before hearing Welcome to Odyssey, and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing how the characters started out.
gracie07
Not as new

Post by gracie07 »

The first album
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

My cousin is graduating from high school so this Friday my Mom and I are flying out to Michigan for her graduation party. I was planning on getting her "Darkness Before Dawn" album. I wanted to get her that one because I wanted something action packed and I didn't want to get the Novacom series because that is three different albums. I'm not sure if this is right but there are a lot of people who are college-aged who listen to Odyssey. I thought since she is going to college what a perfect gift!

The only problem is that I don't have any money so there you go.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

I wouldn't start a fan out with "Darkness before Dawn". It'd be pretty confusing for a new listener. I'd select "Daring Deeds, Sinister Schemes".
Everything written in this post is false.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I cant remember what my first ablum was but the first tapes we listened to were on welcome to odyssey
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Well, my first one would be 5, but I got 3, and that was a good but bad idea, for me. You know the one "Karen". Well at that time when I got it, my sister's best friend Beckie had cancer and I can't remember, but it might have only been a couple of months, like three, before she died. And my very first episode was "Karen" antoher bad idea, when it's sad!! Oh well, I would say 1 or 5. Just starts you off with Odyssey, or the beginning of the Blackgaurd arc.
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Definitely "Mission: Accomplished" (aka Terrific Tales, Mysterious Missions). It was my first album and has a nice variety of episodes and a little history of Odyssey, too. It isn't too far from the beginning of the series either.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org