Favourite Disney Princess

For the kid in you

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Your favourite Disney Princess

Aurora
5%
Ariel
10%
Belle
35%
Cinderella
12%
Jasmine
3%
Mulan
27%
Snow White
5%
Other (please specify)
3%

Total votes: 60

Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

My favorite is Belle!
*returns*
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Well, I voted other. She may not really be considered a princess, but in my book, my disney princess, their story, book, she is in it. Esmeralda! I jsut LOVE the Hinchback Of Notre Dame. It is the best.

But, I do like almost everyone! Love, Maudy.
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

my wife and i both agree that Belle is the best princess by far.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Well, as long as you and your wife agree, I'm sure that life will continue to be good. ;) Belle is a good princess - she would probably be my second favourite, after Cinderella, of course! \:D/
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

if a husband cannot agree on this issue, what can they agree on??

\:D/
mel_ice
Lurker

Post by mel_ice »

I luv mulan! =D> she is soo beautiful! The sequil is sooo stupid!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

As most Disney sequels are unfortunately. :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I haven't see the Mulan sequel yet, mainly because it looks rather pathetic. :( But I still want to see it sometime, to see if it's as pathetic as I've heard. ;)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Their problems with sequels are these:
  • They use the TV animation department rather than the feature dept
  • They're trying to expand on an existing story that is known and loved
  • They focus more on the marketing opportunities than the story
Mulan 2 isn't horrible, it's got some cute moments. But there's little chance I ever want to see Cinderella 2. And now they're coming out with a new Cindy sequel- about what if...? Like if Lady Tremain found out and stopped her, or something like that. Blech.

Good sequels:
  • Little Mermaid 2- her daughter was so cute! Looked just like Eric.
  • Alladin and the King of Theives- the second sequel when they got Robin Williams back.
  • Lion King 2. Not 1 1/2. That was strange.
  • Toy Story 2, but that doesn't really count because it's Pixar created.
  • I've also heard the Belle one is not bad.
And yes, I do know too much about the topic. Working for them will do that to you. :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow. Note to self: don't get Darcie started on this topic very often! ;) Bullet points and all! :mad:

I saw Cinderella II: Dreams Come True (catchy title, huh? ;)) a year or so ago with my young cousin. It had the same format as Tarzan II - three smaller stories joined by some vague thread. An excuse to not have to come up with one good plotline, really. I can't say that I didn't at least kind of enjoy them, but I could never say that they were really good. Kind of cute, but not that good. The thought of a third Cinderella installment sounds very odd. I probably will eventually see it, but I have my doubts that it will be that good.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Catspaw wrote:Wow. Note to self: don't get Darcie started on this topic very often! ;) Bullet points and all! :mad:
I'm just organized in my Disney rants, that's all! Didn't it make it more readable? O:)
I worked at a Disney Store for 3 years, so it was my job to know all the trivia.
Catspaw wrote:An excuse to not have to come up with one good plotline, really. I can't say that I didn't at least kind of enjoy them, but I could never say that they were really good. Kind of cute, but not that good. The thought of a third Cinderella installment sounds very odd. I probably will eventually see it, but I have my doubts that it will be that good.
Yeah, an excuse for making money with little work too.
There's an ad for the new Cindy on the most recent DVD release, that's how I know about it. Very strange premise.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, the organization was rather brilliant, and quite appreciated! \:D/ Working in a Disney store for three years sound rather...trying. ;)

I saw the ad for Cinderella 3 on the new DVD release as well, and it does sound more creative then Cinderella 2, but it sounds rather odd. To me, Cinderella was perfect as it was. Making sequels 50 years later does not improve any storyline.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

They came up with a Cinderella 3?!? :shock: Goodness gracious!
I'll probably eventually end up watching it if I babysit girls that like Cinderella. :?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It isn't out yet. It's supposed too be out next year some time. Here's the IMDB link. :) Maybe it will be better then we all expect - who knows?
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i thought the alladin sequels were the best. the Christmas "beauty and the beast" was good, but we were bummed out by the cinderella sequel, if you can even call it that.

disney seems to crank them out without much thought.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I hate looking at polls and seeing I'm in the majority. But that's what I am...Belle's definitely my favorite. I'm always her in the tests.
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

Belle all the way!! It's one of the only Disney animated movies where the princess didn't fall in love with the prince at first sight. And it's not like she liked him for his looks ;)
Though my brothers always say they would rather be Beast as a beast than as a man. I must admit, he was a rather ugly dude...

-Dodge

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Yeah... I agree that the prince formerly known as Beast did not have the dreaminess of Snow White's prince, or Prince Charming, Prince Phillip, or even Aladdin... they were all much cuter! :inlove:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Prince Phillip is my favourite Disney Prince. *swoons*
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

He does have that whole fighting a giant dragon thing to save the princess thing going for him!! :inlove:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon