Jobs?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Poor Dr. Watson. Where is that dratted Mr. Holmes anyway? Am I correct in assuming that he has not yet returned from his absence due to faking his death after fighting Moriarty? (Oops, have I spoiled the plot for you, Doctor?)

Yes...I'll definitely go for a degree. Perhaps some of the more expensive ones, like the $10,000 or $12,000 ones. *shudders* I just hope it doesn't take too long to get there. Perhaps I should Jared-ize and post lengthy speeches each time....Not that I'd be capable of doing all that work every day.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

that certainly would get you the money faster.
I think that the most money that you can get from a post is $20, so if you posted those all the time you would get $100 in five posts!
wow, that's a lot..
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Indeed, although you must realize you'd have to write an extremely long post to earn $20 from a single post. :D

Yay for the Master Job List. Thanks Shadowpaw! Now we can see what other jobs there are out there . . . even if there are only a few positions in each.

Currently employed as a Le Hotel Doorman. Wouldn't it be awesome to be the Le Hotel Owner? ^_^
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I hope he puts up what the secondary jobs and the High Level Jobs are..
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Yeah, the higher the jobs, the more the requisities. Fortunately, these Entry Level jobs don't have any requirements: no educational background need, no fee, nothing. I'm pretty sure the High Level jobs will require a college degree, but I wonder what the Secondary Level jobs will require. :-k Perhaps we might see a fourth level of jobs? :-s
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Trent DeWhite wrote: I'm pretty sure the High Level jobs will require a college degree, but I wonder what the Secondary Level jobs will require. :-k Perhaps we might see a fourth level of jobs? :-s
yeah, that's what I was thinking too..
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

I right now like my job. I love working with kids and I know that I will see the same kids each day. I haven't figured out if I go to the schools or the old peoples home. If there is a fellow bus driver out there give me a hint of what I'm supposed to do. All right?
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I'm a communiy church volunteer, and yet I get paid (admittedly only $15) but it still seems ironic that I'm a volunteer yet I get paid.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Huh. That is funny!

I am a school janitor. Hmmm, that's not exactly my type of work, but now-a-days you have to be thankful that you have a job at all, right? ;)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Anne wrote:I'm a communiy church volunteer, and yet I get paid (admittedly only $15) but it still seems ironic that I'm a volunteer yet I get paid.
lol Anne. You've got a good point there. :lol:

Indeed, we must all be grateful for our jobs, although I believe there are still several open positions. If you check out the total job positions here, you'll see there are 101 positions. We currently have 99 registered members. However, 24 of them are the real peoples of Odyssey (Connie, Whit, Bart, Rodney, Jason, etc) . . . if I'm not mistaken, several of them are unemployed. As such, there must be a few jobs that still have some vacant positions.
Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

I work as a burger clown..
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Anne wrote:I'm a communiy church volunteer, and yet I get paid (admittedly only $15) but it still seems ironic that I'm a volunteer yet I get paid.
Haha, what's funny is you (as a volunteer) get paid the same amount as those who work at the Electric Palace! That Bart sure doesn't treat his staff very well.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I enjoy my job as a cemetary curator. It's peaceful, not many people bother me, and I make $28!

I have a question about the education thing: Do they build on each otehr? Would I need to get my high school diploma, and then do another level of education, or could you just take the higher training without prior education? (Not that I'll have enough money to worry about what to take for a long time...)
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Shadowpaw is Unemployed but that doesn't seem to hurt his financial stability.

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Catspaw wrote:I enjoy my job as a cemetary curator. It's peaceful, not many people bother me, and I make $28!

I have a question about the education thing: Do they build on each otehr? Would I need to get my high school diploma, and then do another level of education, or could you just take the higher training without prior education? (Not that I'll have enough money to worry about what to take for a long time...)
Technically you can buy the college degree first... but the job will rject you because you don't own the HS Equivalent as well. However, most people will want the HS Equivalent because it's required for secondary jobs and so you will make money faster on your way to the high level jobs.
OrigamiKid wrote:Shadowpaw is Unemployed but that doesn't seem to hurt his financial stability
Due to that fact, I removed myself from the Census before the board opened so that my figures would not be a factor in how everyone else is doing.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

The "workaholic" speaks:

Are we allowed to have more than one job at a time?

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I don't think this board gives you that option... besides you're not really "working" anyway so it's unfair for some people to add extra jobs to get more money for spending the same amount of time here. Might as well just raise the pay.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

With the flick of a switch I can allow people to get more jobs, but as Chandler pointed out, it's unfair to those people who don't yet have one.

Besides, I can only come up with so many jobs! :). Speaking of which, people can PM me with ideas for secondary and high level jobs. I already have an excel spread sheet with over 100 jobs (including the entry level jobs) but I may have forgotten some. And stuff like "Le Hotel Owner" are amongst them. That would require a HS Equivalent, and a Business Degree however :). So save those pennies!
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Hmm yeah jobs are running out.... Please make more, I'll send some ideas when I can.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I'm wondering... do you need to get a HS diploma before you get ANY of the other degrees offered at Campbell County College?