Gabriel/Fenix Election Contests!! "The Moderator"

Over $50 000 in cash prizes and more!!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Fenix
The Rich

Gabriel/Fenix Election Contests!! "The Moderator"

Post by Fenix »

Alrighty lets begin the maddness.

WHAT?
The Gabriel and Fenix campaign will be holding a series of contests for moderating positions... if we are elected that is. If we are not elected you will win a cash prize. Either way you have nothing to lose and a lot of gain ;)

WHO??
Ever wanted a moderating position? Do you think you have what it takes? Well this is your chance to prove to everyone that you are qualified.
We only have 1 requrements.
You must have a Fenix/Gabriel Signature, if you dont have one heres how to get one...
http://www.thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=10255

WHERE??
These contests will be held in the Gabriel/Fenix campagin headquaters. We have decided that this would be the best place so both Gabriel and I would be able to moderate the contests. Oh yeah and we dont want to get in the way of other users. All contest information will be posted here!!
http://www.thetoo.com/groupcp.php?g=102 ... 0f7212f1b1

WHEN??
Regristration will begin now and go until the 14th of Aug.
The actual contests will begin on the 14/15th of Aug and run until the end of the election.

HOW??
There will be 5 contests. Depending on how well you do on each contest you will be given a score. At the end of the 5th contest we will add up all the contestants score. The contestants with the highest scores will be given a moderating position or a cash prize.

By just joining the contest you will be elgible for "door prizes". Door prizes will be randomly given to users. One door prize will be given out each day. Yes, you can win more than one door prize.

Not only will you gain more points by winning contests but you will also be given a cash prize. We will be rewarding 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.

There will be 3 overall winners. For first place, second place and third place. Only first place will be given a global moderator position.

NOTE: Users must participate in all contests (held roughly every 3 or 4 days). If a contestant misses a contest he or she will be disqualified from the moderating positions but will still be elgible for door prizes.

Sound Good??

Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Show me the money!!!

Ry
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

livin4messiah wrote:Show me the money!!!

Ry
What exactly does that mean?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

...contests to appoint moderators...this is certainly different. If people win this contest and dont exactly turn out to be the peaches you wanted I wouldn't be surprised. While I'd rather pick the mods under the adminstrative ruling I'd say it depends on what type of contests your having to determine if you'll get qualified winners or not.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

EK wrote:...contests to appoint moderators...this is certainly different. If people win this contest and dont exactly turn out to be the peaches you wanted I wouldn't be surprised. While I'd rather pick the mods under the adminstrative ruling I'd say it depends on what type of contests your having to determine if you'll get qualified winners or not.
Its not exactly a contest its more like a series of tests. We are testing people to find the best possible moderators. If someone shows the dedication to win the many contests and proves themselves then I dont see why they dont deserve to win and become a moderator. This is a screening process if anything.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Ah, also are you sure your requirement of having a signature supporting you is "fair" per se? Many people want to be moderators but have made a pledge of allegiance to other parties and dosen't want every post they make an advert for there suportees "opponet" as it were.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

EK wrote:Ah, also are you sure your requirement of having a signature supporting you is "fair" per se? Many people want to be moderators but have made a pledge of allegiance to other parties and dosen't want every post they make an advert for there suportees "opponet" as it were.
I see your point. I will talk it over with Gabriel about the requirements. Thanks for pointing that out to us.
Gabriel Dragsack
Found

Post by Gabriel Dragsack »

Thanks Fenix, I'll field this question. O:)

If elected, we still plan to add an additional 8 moderators that will be hand picked by Fenix and myself. :yes: We've now begun the process of narrowing done our list and intend to contact individuals soon to find out if they are interested. \:D/

But Fenix and I wanted to do something fun as an exclusive contest for our valued supporters :). It's a thank you to them for supporting us and we decided that we would reserve 3 spots for them and hold a series of contests to determine which of those 3 is ready and mature enough to handle that position, an individual that we may have overlooked otherwise. \:D/

To be clear, running in this contest is not in anyway required to become a moderator under our government :noway:. This is simply a contest open to our supporters. :grouphug: The remaining 8 positions will be determined in a different manner and we've already decided on 5 people who are not supporting us in this election. :D
:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I must apologize if I sound like i'm knocking your ideas but, so this means you held three moderator posistions back only for people who are supporting/voting for you? So basically what im getting from that is that those that want a better assurance that they will become a mod under your reign will become a supporter of yours to gain entry into this contest?
Gabriel Dragsack
Found

Post by Gabriel Dragsack »

EK wrote:I must apologize if I sound like i'm knocking your ideas but, so this means you held three moderator posistions back only for people who are supporting/voting for you? So basically what im getting from that is that those that want a better assurance that they will become a mod under your reign will become a supporter of yours to gain entry into this contest?
Do you mean to imply we should have held back all eleven spots for our supporters? :headscratch:

Something tells me that wouldn't be very fair :noway:.

This way only three are going to be guaranteed spots if we get elected :yes:. The other 3/4 of our moderator force will be chosen based on their abilities and maturity. \:D/
:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I wanna join!
*returns*
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Katherine Doyle wrote:I wanna join!
Hurray 1 person!! :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Am I qualified? :pray:
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

The Top Crusader wrote:Am I qualified? :pray:
Definitely welcome to the maddness. Check your sanity at the door.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I didn't even bring it to the door. :(
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

The Top Crusader wrote:I didn't even bring it to the door. :(
Hmm that explains a lot. :-k
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

I'll join!

-Hawk
Sorry guys, I lost internet. Hope to see you again soon!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

If you win and the person who wins decides that he/she doesn't want to be a moderator can they have cash instead?
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

If you don't want to be a moderator, then simply don't participate in the contest. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Bradley Doyle wrote:If you win and the person who wins decides that he/she doesn't want to be a moderator can they have cash instead?
Most definitely.