how hot is it there?

summer heat is awful...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
InvadereOccultus
Not as new
Location: Strapped to the headlights of a train speeding towards madness

Post by InvadereOccultus »

*wishes she could give him some rain*

Sorry, I'm not that talented... ;)

Lucy
Which leads to the obvious question: If you aren't talented enough for that, than what are you talented enough for? Or are you even talented at all? Maybe you're being a poseur (pardon the vile french). Or maybe not. Perhaps you are for real. But we can never really know. . .
Tomorrow works for me, though.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

InvadereOccultus wrote:
*wishes she could give him some rain*

Sorry, I'm not that talented... ;)

Lucy
Which leads to the obvious question: If you aren't talented enough for that, than what are you talented enough for? Or are you even talented at all? Maybe you're being a poseur (pardon the vile french). Or maybe not. Perhaps you are for real. But we can never really know. . .
*Dicides to ignore that*

You miss quoted me. I said only: "Sorry, I'm not that talented... ;)". Not the part about me wishing I could send him rain. WINDSHEAR said that.

:noway:

Do take pleasure in making fun of people?!

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

When we got back from our trip last Sunday, we entered a house with broken A/C. :mecry: (Well, actually only the upstairs is broken - but the downstairs is having trouble keeping up too.) So, naturally, last week has been the hottest this summer. :roll:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

its averaged around 104 here, with a heat index of 115 can you say hooray for the midwest?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

In the worst strech of the heatwave, I just happened to be on a road trip to Nebraska; over 100 all three days. Ice cream never tasted that good =P~
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

It's just now getting into the 100's and high 90's. Which is always very strange for the top secret area in which I live [the true location of which I don't want to share to protect my identity].

But by next week we'll be back to normal weather. I hate the heat.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

It's finally coolling down here! In fact, I was freezing this morning becuase I was so used to it being much hotter!
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Aram Doyle wrote:its averaged around 104 here, with a heat index of 115 can you say hooray for the midwest?
Horray for the midwest! It was 108 without the heat index on thursday, but friday we got an awesome t-storm that cooled things off nicely \:D/
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Because I wouldn't actually get up and go look at a thermometer outside.....weather.com tells me that it is 83 degrees, feels like 88 and the humidity level is 67. This is waay lower than the past two weeks have been. I really can't believe it. Maybe I should go outside. ;)
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

Carolita wrote:Because I wouldn't actually get up and go look at a thermometer outside.....weather.com tells me that it is 83 degrees, feels like 88 and the humidity level is 67. This is waay lower than the past two weeks have been. I really can't believe it. Maybe I should go outside. ;)
It hasn't been low 80s here for weeks methinks...
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

It's been 100-109 degrees here for the past few days.
Gabriel Dragsack
Found

Post by Gabriel Dragsack »

96 degrees. \:D/ I'm sweating like a maniac!
:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

YAY! It's only in the 90's today! \:D/
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

82 right now. Tomorrow 88.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

LarryTheCow wrote:
Carolita wrote:Because I wouldn't actually get up and go look at a thermometer outside.....weather.com tells me that it is 83 degrees, feels like 88 and the humidity level is 67. This is waay lower than the past two weeks have been. I really can't believe it. Maybe I should go outside. ;)
Maybe where you live. ;) But here it's been in the high 90's. :(

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Our car thermometer said 101. I'm ready for fall. :(
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Well, Saturday it was 113. Today it got to about 110, I think. It was in the 90s for the beach (which is where I was at), which is uncommonly hot.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
LarryTheCow wrote:

-Cowboy
Lol. BTW, I did mean that the high hasn't been down to low 80s in weeks, it has gotten that cool at night. :anxious:
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

We've been having really hot dry weather here. I went out into our backyard today, and there's crisp yellow leaves all over the yard, and it's not fall yet!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

LarryTheCow wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
LarryTheCow wrote:

-Cowboy
Lol. BTW, I did mean that the high hasn't been down to low 80s in weeks, it has gotten that cool at night. :anxious:
That makes sense. :anxious:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny