Do you have a MYSPACE?

Speaking of fads. . .yes, I'll admit it! I'm a joiner sometimes!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Pepper Doyle wrote:Like I might have said before, it's interesting to see how Christians present themselves on their MySpace pages. A lot are less than Godly...
I know, it's sad really. :doubt: Unfortunately, they don't seem to realize that you can reach alot more people (for better or worse) over the internet than you might think. Also, what you post on the internet is permantent (if only in peoples minds), even if you delete it.

Plus, employers sometimes check out your Myspace pages before they hire you... or so I've read. So, yeah, it's best to err on the side of caution when putting stuff up there. :yes:
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I don't have a Myspace, I don't plan to get one. As for me, I think my life is cluttered as it is, and a Myspace seems rather mundane in the light of real life.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Gabriel Dragsack
Found

Post by Gabriel Dragsack »

Raskolnikov wrote:
Bah, you have an awesome avatar. \:D/
=D>
My most humble apologies! :pray: I was making a joke and hit submit without realizing I forgot the images! -- perhaps the punchline is funnier with the images included! :hilarious:

:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Just last night I was browsing around on MYSPACE for the first time, and looked up my school to see who had an account on there... a few of them joined the CHRISTIAN school's ring or whatever... but the content of their page was... less than a good thing, indeed. :(
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Gabriel Dragsack wrote:My most humble apologies! :pray: I was making a joke and hit submit without realizing I forgot the images! --

You're forgiven. :)
perhaps the punchline is funnier with the images included! :hilarious:
:-s :-k

Although, I must say, it is cool that they have an audio version of Crime and Punishment on CD. \:D/ Even if it's abridged...
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I was looking on myspace search, and found some Odyssey actors. pretty cool.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:I don't have a Myspace, I don't plan to get one. As for me, I think my life is cluttered as it is, and a Myspace seems rather mundane in the light of real life.
Something people might say about message boards I think . . . :photo:
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

I don't have Myspace.

I have Xanga. :anxious:
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Kanimoto wrote:I don't have Myspace.

I have Xanga. :anxious:
I got a Xanga too, after a bunch of people here and on the Cabana were talking about them. It's nice, for a blog. But I just find more to do on MySpace.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

Actually, I found Myspace to be confusing. Xanga seems quick and convenient.
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I concur with Kanimoto regarding Xanga versus Myspace, the latter being complicated. I have a Xanga just to read others', and I am considering getting a Myspace just to add friends and some CCM artists. Maybe later.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Horrible news. The heat, I think, and probably the related blackouts and power outages and such in California have taken down the MySpace server. About 80 million people in the world are sad.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Yeah I have a MYSPACE!! It kind of is annoying though like when you know you have to reply to someone and you dont want to but you do so that you will get another message back. I hate how my sister thinks that MYSPACE is so E-V-I-L. I say its only as evil as you make it. What do you think???
I do what I do.
renee
Just visiting

Post by renee »

I hate MYSPACE with a passion. Let's just say I have had a very bad experience with it.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

I see how Chrstians saying things on myspace may be bad the things they post. I saw Travis Tedford, who played Alex on AIo. I considered posting his link, but he cusses, so I didnt. I try to present Gospel on my pages.

And I do have a Xanga as well. and myspace has beem done a LOT lately. very annoying.

Scarlett Pomphers (sarah) has a myspace. Aria is in my top 24.

Edited to add: I just got a myspace message back from the girl who plays Liz Horton. how cool is that ?
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:Edited to add: I just got a myspace message back from the girl who plays Liz Horton. how cool is that ?
Very! \:D/
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I've got a myspace I haven't decided what I'll use it for, but I'll probaby movve my AIO musings to there. I had to get one because a friend of mine has one and it a was the only way I could keep up with what was going on. I primarily use my Live Journal
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

I now have Travis Tedford (Alex Jefferson) and Scarlet Pomers (sarah pratchett) in my top 24,

I have now been able to keep up in touch with people I have not seen in years. It is awesome. I love keeping in touch with these people again.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I don't have myspace or xanga. On a homeschool site I'm on I have a blog, though. I don't really write in it much.
kellyj
Fourscore and seven

Post by kellyj »

I have a myspace as well as most of my friends. I really enjoy it but find it quite addicting and spend way too much time on it.