College

Which type will you choose?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

What type of college do you think you'll go to?

Private Christian College
47%
Private College, but not neccesarily Christian
11%
Public
32%
College? What do you mean college? I ain't goin' to no stupid college? (*hopes no one [seriously] picks this option*)
11%

Total votes: 47

Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I'm going to Maryland Bible College and Seminary, at least, maybe somewhere else. MBC&S, though is the greatest Bible College. The church is our "mother church" and I have a lot of friends there (even some of the pastors). I know the two pastors on the site.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

darcy wrote:
Frankie wrote:I signed up for classes at The Master's College last week! :D (I can't wait for the fall term!)
Ooh...Frankie crosses the line to the southern half...
And I am here in the lower half of the state because I went to Chapman University... private and (sort-of) Christian also...
darcy
Lovely! (I've heard of Chapman U...I think one of my friends' parents went there.) And I'd always appreciate visitors if you're ever in my part of the "Southern half". \:D/
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I think I might go to a private but not neccessarily Christian college. I couldn't handle going to a huge college after homeschooling all my life! :sick: There's a chance I might not go to college, but not like the last option. I think boys should go to college, but girls don't HAVE to.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

jasodia wrote:I think I might go to a private but not neccessarily Christian college. I couldn't handle going to a huge college after homeschooling all my life! :sick: There's a chance I might not go to college, but not like the last option. I think boys should go to college, but girls don't HAVE to.
It depends on what you want to do, not on your gender, really. :) What you need for your future plans should be the deciding line as to whether you need to continue your formal education or not.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I have two more years of highschool, and then I'll have to decide on a college. Right now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I'm waiting to see where the Lord will lead.
I might follow in my older brother's footsteps, and go to a community college for my first few semesters, and then switch to a diferent college.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Dr. Watson wrote:
Chandler wrote:Which university will you be enrolling in? :-k
Old Dominion University in Norfolk.
No way!!! I'm currently waiting to hear back from them to see if I'll be accepted there this fall. I'm fairly sure I will be.

Dr. Watson and Gimp at the same school.......scarry ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I got accepted last Wednesday to the only college I applied for... :anxious: I knew I would, though. It was where God told me to go-- He's not the type to tell you to do something and then make it absolutely impossible for you to obey him. :-)
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

I'm hoping that I can get into a Private Christian college. Though a public one isn't bad either.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

EUCC wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:
Chandler wrote: =D> I applaud you for not making fun of Christians who think differently in some areas than you do. If you think their academics are good, you have friends there, the price is right, etc. I don't see why you can't live within their rule system while on campus for a set period of time. Sacrifices are a fact of life. It really bothers me when people make a point of flaunting rules that don't fit with their beliefs. I always want to ask why they signed up agreeing to it only to turn around and make fun of it. There's a lot of colleges out there that they could've chosen instead! ](*,)
Hear, hear. =D> Quite commendable, EC.
Thank you, guys! I am really not quite sure what to do yet, but I'm concidering Bob Jones. It's nice to know that there is some support for me here, though. :D
I went to PCC (Pensacola) and stayed the whole 4 years (including summers to work!) and graduated...and actually got zero demerits my last 2 years. my point? If you know what the rules are when you go, and you can live with them, then go for it. At least you know you wont be made fun of every day for not doing blatantly immoral things like you might get in the "real world"
Liberty was kinda made fun of or labeled as the U. students went to after being kicked out of PCC. Anyway, choose wisely.
HEEHEE!!! Actually it's true! And LU students say the same thing. That doesn't mean that LU allows immorality or anything of the sort, it's just not AS strict as PCC or BJU in some areas.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

My manager went to Bob Jones and loved it. I personally think they're a bit legalistic, so I won't be going there. Nothing but G movies-- off-campus? What about Schindler's List and The Pianist? What about The Passion of the Christ?

I'm very satisfied with the college God is sending me to this fall. :-) It has just the right mix of rules and freedom.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I voted, "Private College, not neccesarily Christian" 'cause the college type I want to go was not in there... I want to goto Film School (which of course counts as college).

-Robo
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

im going to be a junior and so i have 2 years before i have to go anywhere... im planning to go to a community college during my senior year to do PSEO...
Amraam
Not as new

Post by Amraam »

I want to go to the US Air Force Academy. That's my goal anyway. It is very hard to make it in, so I'll go wherever the Lord sends me.
InvadereOccultus
Not as new
Location: Strapped to the headlights of a train speeding towards madness

Post by InvadereOccultus »

I'm hoping to finally make it through kindergarten this year. The desks are getting a little small, but I still enjoy the matts. I confess that I'll miss them.
I don't want to look to far into the future, but I can foresee myself getting through 2nd grade even. However the Lord leads.
Tomorrow works for me, though.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

I, originally, wanted to go to a private college from my demonination. The problem is that I can't afford it, since their scholarship funding is limited. I do not want to end up paying for college, so I'm planning on looking for grants, getting scholarships, and apply for Ivy League colleges. My dream is to get a full-ride scholarship :- .
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I'm going to the local community college for the next couple years, then hopefully transfering to a private Christian college.

It really makes me feel like a failure... my sad little paradigm, "Only failures go to junior college."

I got accepted to the Christian university, just couldn't afford it. :boohoo:

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Squirrel
I've been here a bit

Post by Squirrel »

I'm going to be a junior at PCC this coming fall. And college is what you make it regardless of the rules. The best thing to do is pray and find the right college for you.

One of the good things about PCC is it's fairly affordable. And another GOOD college to check into would be College of the Ozarks. My sister just graduated from there. It's a good college, a little liberal but not horribly so. If you work ten hours a week, they consider your tuition paid for and if you work during the summer, your room and board is paid for. It's the most reasonable college I know of.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

At this point, though nothing is set in stone, I'll most likely be going to a private, quote/unquote Christian college right here in my town! It has an incredibly good drama program, which is what I'll be majoring in, and their history department looks pretty good as well. (Yes, I'm planning to double major in Drama/Music and Ancient History. Fun. :D ) It was originally started by Quakers, hence the name Friends. Plus, both my parents graduated from there. ;)
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

InvadereOccultus wrote:I'm hoping to finally make it through kindergarten this year. The desks are getting a little small, but I still enjoy the matts. I confess that I'll miss them.
I don't want to look to far into the future, but I can foresee myself getting through 2nd grade even. However the Lord leads.
Didn't you say something about your SAT score in another thread? :-s
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy