What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Karin Doyle wrote:I am reading 2 books right now. Not the best of habits, I know. :oops:
Hey, at one time I was reading about 4 books at once, so 2 isn't that bad. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I read Monster in its entirety last night, and have no idea what to read next. But the dad did go to the library yesterday, so there's probably something good lurking about...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "Anne of Windy poplars" right now - I love all the Anne books! :inlove: Though this book omits some of the stuff that sounds good, like when Anne's pen isn't rusty or dull when she's writing her letters to Gil. ;)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I'm reading Safely Home by Randy Alcone and When God Writes Yoiur
Love Story by Eric and Leslie Ludy. \:D/

Oh and I make it a habit of reading more than one book at a time.. sometimes as many as 6. ;)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Lord of the flies.. Well I already finished it. Very.. Interestingly disturbing. ;)
Last edited by J-man on Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I hate marquees.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I just finished reading Beloved Physician, by Al Lacy. So I guess now I can give An Old Fashioned Girl my undivided attention. ;)
sweet pea
Tallying up

Post by sweet pea »

im reading the series of unfortunate events im on #9
and im reading the protector of the small series by tamora pierce again

if any of ya'll have read tamora pierce and like it pm me!
*dont worry about the world ending today.. its already tommarrow in australia.*
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I just read The Rapture. It's OK, but I'm more looking forward to the "sequel."

I did something I haven't done since I was a lot younger. I just went and grabbed a bunch of books off the shelves, whatever looked good. Unfortunately, though, I don't usually find any REALLY good books that way.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

With Frederick the Great by G.A. Henty.

J-man wrote:Lord of the flies.. Well I already finished it. Very.. Interestingly disturbing. ;)
Depending on what version of the book you have... don't read the ending essay-thing about the author and the book... it gives a little too much info on a certain scene that happened in the book. :-s

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

sweet pea wrote:im reading the series of unfortunate events im on #9
and im reading the protector of the small series by tamora pierce again

if any of ya'll have read tamora pierce and like it pm me!
The series of unfortunate events is morose! I don't like it. I like happy books! Right now I am reading 'A dangerous Promise' and 'Tom Sawyer'
InvadereOccultus
Not as new
Location: Strapped to the headlights of a train speeding towards madness

Post by InvadereOccultus »

I know I'm reading something, but I forget what it is after I put it down. I also forget where it is, so most of the time is spent looking for it, but since I can't remember what book it is, it isn't working out too well.
Tomorrow works for me, though.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just finished "Anne of Windy Poplars" and started on a book of short stories by L.M. Montgomery called "The Road to Yesterday." The stories seem to all connect to Anne and Gil in at least some small way. I'll start "Anne's House of Dreams" soon. :D
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:With Frederick the Great by G.A. Henty.

J-man wrote:Lord of the flies.. Well I already finished it. Very.. Interestingly disturbing. ;)
Depending on what version of the book you have... don't read the ending essay-thing about the author and the book... it gives a little too much info on a certain scene that happened in the book. :-s

-Cowboy
Probably in a different version than the one I read.. Cause the one I read didn't have an essay.. And there's a few scenes that come to mind.. ;)
...I hate marquees.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

J-man wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:With Frederick the Great by G.A. Henty.

-Cowboy
Probably in a different version than the one I read.. Cause the one I read didn't have an essay.. And there's a few scenes that come to mind.. ;)
Well, don't think about. ;)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I'm reading RAID! and Bloods, right now. Soon to be reading 93 confirmed kills..
soccergrl21
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by soccergrl21 »

I am in the middle of Black by Ted Dekker and Flabbergasted by Ray Blackston. I love books! :inlove:
Patrick: I'm mad.
Spongebob: What's the matter Patrick?
Patrick: I can't see my forehead.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

soccergrl21 wrote:I am in the middle of Black by Ted Dekker and Flabbergasted by Ray Blackston. I love books! :inlove:
You have great taste in books! :D I enjoyed both of those! If you really like "Flabbergasted," like I did, try to find the next two books in the "series" as well. I didn't like them quite as much, but they were still really good! :yes:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm not reading anything right now! :shock: Isn't that awful? :mecry: I finished all my books and we don't go to the library until tomorrow. I don't know if I'll make it. :thud:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Ditto, except I finished a few days ago. I've been combing the shelves for a good book to reread, but it's hard to find anything!

It's also hard to find stuff at the library. After all this renewed talk about Ted Dekker, though, I think I'm going to reread a bunch of his books! \:D/ I just need to get to the library soon!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Vienna Prelude by Brock and Bodie Thoene. It is the first book in their Zion Covenant series.