The Minnesota convention

E Stands for Empty

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Hope
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

but no stories were told about me..YES!!!! hmmmm... i think i should do the stroy like we did it in the car... maybe see what my brother says...

and no jonathan dont you dare tell the stroy... i will wrestle you if you do.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Hope wrote:but no stories were told about me..YES!!!! hmmmm... i think i should do the stroy like we did it in the car... maybe see what my brother says...

*looks at Jonathan*........you didn't tell her about all the stories you told us when she left before we went in to play lazer tag :shock:

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

gimp80995 wrote:
Hope wrote:but no stories were told about me..YES!!!! hmmmm... i think i should do the stroy like we did it in the car... maybe see what my brother says...

*looks at Jonathan*........you didn't tell her about all the stories you told us when she left before we went in to play lazer tag :shock:

Peace Out

-Gimp
Yeah, Hope, you really missed something there... :lol: It was really funny! Well, at least it was to us. It might not have been to you...
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Hope

Post by Hope »

Evil Chick wrote:
gimp80995 wrote:

Peace Out

-Gimp
Yeah, Hope, you really missed something there... :lol: It was really funny! Well, at least it was to us. It might not have been to you...
uh oh... ummm what was said when i left????? i mean.... what story? *shift eyes* ummmm uh oh.

*yells* JONATHAN WHAT DID YOU SAY??????????????
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

I'm Halfway across the world! I can't come. I want to organize a ToO convention in Malaysia. Goes to start a threAD
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I so did not cheat during lazer tag. I just had a really good sniper spot picked out \:D/

So story time. A couple of years ago (almost four or three) Hope and I were driving home from church down a big hill (my parents had left shortly before us). While on the hill Hope mentioned that I was low on gas and I said it was fine, I'd fill up the next day (for the record I do not remember this).

Near the bottom of the hill the engine pretty much died. I had to turn left at the light coming up, but since that wasn't an option anymore, I shut it off after I ran out of momentum, waited a few seconds, turned it back on, and went for severy yards and it died.

I did this until I got onto a residential street. I checked my oil, b/c that's what I thought was wrong. I quickly gave up, and jogged to a friend's house up the block. His dad came down, looked at the engine, and also didn't find anything.

At this point we decided I should call my Dad. When he got there I start rambling off about the oil and stuff b/c I still thought that was what was wrong. He only said "Let me take a look." He got behind the wheel, took one look at the dash, looked up at me, and said in a this-is-really-obvious tone said "The E stands for empty Jonathan."

Yep, sure did feel foolish right about then (though it does make for a good story).
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

:rofl2: Funny!
My hubby once had his car towed to a garage only to find out his gauge was off and he was just out of gas!
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

Well I had an absolutly wonderfull time as did Catspaw (who can't post! hahaha) We were very lucky to have Jonathan chauffer us around (and get horribly lost) and let us follow him and Hope to church (causing us to run a red light... yeah ask him about that one!) The thing I missed most about Canada was the full service gas stations! Oh well, the low gas prices more than made up for pumping my own gas! I don't even want to hear about the price of gas down there! It's much cheaper than our $1.06 a liter. Just for the record we DID NOT kidnap EC she came quite willingly and we had a blast! If anyones coming to the praries anytime soon please let Catspaw and myself know, we'd love to set up a meeting or at least try!
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Lizzy wrote: and let us follow him and Hope to church (causing us to run a red light... yeah ask him about that one!)
Yes, Jonathan......tell us about making Lizzy and Catspaw have to run a red light :)

I've finally composed my entire take on the convention:

After I posted that I'd meet them in an hour and a half "or so", I hit a heavy downpour of rain which lasted most of the way........not a big problem, I'm not afraid of a little ol' rain.......made it to the area in just over an hour and was super-confident that I'd be where we were meeting within the hour and a half I had said........then I got on the freeway :roll: for almost another hour of going 2 mph :roll:

Then I get a bit confused (though not entirely lost) getting to EC's uncle's house......I pull up beside a car and politely say "excuse me, sir. Could you tell me where _____ (name of town) is?"........he looks at me like I'm from another planet and says "your IN _____ (name of town)".......I was like "OK. Good. Next question. Can you tell me how to get to _______ st?"(which I had to try three times to pronounce) Gimp gets and even stranger look and he points across the highway and says "it's right there". Gimp smiles and says "Coolness. Thank you, sir" and speeds off to make a u-turn to get to the street.......then spend 15 mins looking for the house.

To my shock, everyone was still there when I showed up (waaaaaay later than we had thought we were going to meet). We all sit and talk for a bit, then head off to a Korean restaurant (even though I told Jonathan that I'm deathly allergic to Korean food ;) ). The food was very good, and nice people there too. It was there that we broke out the German chocolate (very good EC), and the Canadian chocolate (thank you to Lizzy and Catspaw too)........it was also here that Hope and Sonuna had a bit too much sugar and became very hyper.

On our two block drive from the restaurant to lazer tag, I get the idea that since blipadouzi wouldn't come to play with us, we should call him.........and he got dizzy from all of us passing the phone around :p

We played lazer tag, then sat around goofing off (and Hope tried to make a bottle of pop explode by shaking it up and opening the top...........we all stayed VERY far away from her for several minutes) We got pics and Sonuna and her parental units took off, the rest of us piled into Jonathan's car. He dropped EC, Lizzy and Catspaw off at the hotel and drove me back to EC's uncles to get my car, and gave me directions to church.

Church service was good (as I've already said). If I thought I'd like to live here, I'd definately think about going to that church (don't worry Jonathan and Hope.......I like the area, it's nice to visit.......but I don't think I'd ever like living anywhere around there........you're safe).

It took us an hour or two to completely seperate and all go our seperate ways after lunch at Burger King.

Definataely a great weekend. And Jonathan, if you forgot to do so, make sure to thank your boss for giving you Saturday off to entertain a bunch of females \:D/

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Lovely stories, y'all...but I still see no pictures! :insane:
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

I don't see any pics either.........*glares at Hope*

Peace Out

-Gimp

Hope

Post by Hope »

im working on it gimp.. dont worry. and no i wasnt trying to explode the pop bottle. well... it was indeed a fun weekend. chocoalte is a good thing

edit- oh and gimp jonathan says its his problem but the photo lab at work is down
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yeah, I'm waiting for those pictures, too! :demonstration:

You did a pretty good job of mentioning everything, Gimp. We had a really great time! I don't know when I've ever had so much fun! :D
Last edited by Evil Chick on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Hope

Post by Hope »

at the beginning it was quite quiet.... but once we got to the restuarant we couldnt stop talking. though Evil Chick werent you almost sleeping saturday evening????
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yeah... I was so tired! I actually still am. Jet lag is not fun! :(
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

I remembered after my last post, when we were leaving lazer tag and trying to figure out how to fit six bodies in Jonathan's car, we suggested putting Hope in the trunk.........she was waaaaaaaay to willing for that ;) Then we all started talking about how we're "AIO fans" and know how to kick out the tail light and wave our hands at cars behind us........Mitch taught us well \:D/

*will probably remember more later*

Peace Out

-Gimp

Hope

Post by Hope »

gimp kept trying to keep you up by having a conversation with you... i dont think it really worked.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Hope wrote:gimp kept trying to keep you up by having a conversation with you... i dont think it really worked.
No, it didn't work too well. Though she was plenty awake to give Lizzy, Catspaw and myself the grand tour of her uncle's house.

Peace Out

-Gimp

xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Hope wrote:well... to let you all know that the resturaunt we are going to is unbelievable food.
A resturant that IS unbelievable food?? So you can eat the resturant?? Awesome!
Hope

Post by Hope »

gimp that was the next day. and i meant to say has really good food....