Talented Babies

What can I say?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

NatetheGreat wrote:
Elf of Rivendell wrote:I taught myself to read at...oh, I forget, 3 or 4? From then on, I was known as a bookworm and read almost anything I could get my hands on. Even books on survival and knife fighting... :anxious:
*makes mental note to be extra carful around Elf* :anxious:
*evil laugh* ...er... :-

Hehe, I don't even own a knife.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

OK, I'll brag too! :-
Kimberly has great rhythm- I remember when she was only a few months old she'd sit in a bouncer while her daddy played guitar. She kicked her foot to the music to bounce herself, and when she got off beat she stopped and started over!
By 2 1/2 she knew the difference between right and left- her grandma even gets confused about that sometimes. ;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

darcy wrote:OK, I'll brag too! :-
Kimberly has great rhythm- I remember when she was only a few months old she'd sit in a bouncer while her daddy played guitar. She kicked her foot to the music to bounce herself, and when she got off beat she stopped and started over!
By 2 1/2 she knew the difference between right and left- her grandma even gets confused about that sometimes. ;)
Wonderful - a baby has a better sense of rhythm than I do. Good to hear. ;)

I don't think that I was an extraordinary baby, but I do have a picture of myself next to a bunch of my dad's theology books when I was a one or two years old (he was in seminary when I was that age), checking out the books and eating licorice. So apparently I read early and figured out how to get my dad to give me sugary snacks. ;) That must count for something! O:)
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I was very tallented at being accident prone as a baby (no joke......had my first concusion at about 10 months old)

I could write my name in cursive (and others could actually read it) when I was 4.

I started playing piano when I was 3....actual songs, not just banging on the keys (though that's not really special cuz I know a lot of people who do that)

Probably the absolute strangest tallent (in today's society anyway).........as a little toddler, my mom could take me to a restaurant and I would sit there through our entire meal without throwing a temper tantrum or screaming bloody murder or any of that............actually drives me nuts (to the point that I will usually say something to the parents) when people let there 2 and 3 year olds throw a screaming fit in a restaurant.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

blipadouzi wrote:
But the one thing that is most striking is that I have memories of my childhood...but none like most people. I remember things from when I was 4 months old.

What proved it is when I told my mom about a memory I had, she almost had a heart-attack. It was an event that she had never shared with me, and that I had no way of finding out from someone else other than her. She was the one that told me I was 4 months old at the time of the incident.
Wow! That's amazing.

I taught myself to read when I was some certain age. 3 or 4, maybe. My mom told me that when I was in Kindergarten(?) I took a phonics book to bed with me at night because we had forgotten about doing it towards the end of the year.