Our house... Just flooded..

I've got you hooked..

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Our house... Just flooded..

Post by J-man »

So anyway, as some of you might know, we're living in a basement apertment, while fixing up our 'new' house so we can move into sometime soon.. Anyway, yesterday me and my dad and brother went down to work on out 'new' house. Then my mom and sisters came down to our house and they left around 3:00. So anyway we get back to our apartment and my little sister walks down the stairs and my little sister takes off her shoes(but not her socks..). Then she steps onto the floor and yelled "The floors wet!". So yeah, our washer flooded and half the house was all wet.. Most of it carpet too.. Thankfully there was a drain in the laundry room and we drained it, then we used a wet-vac to suck up the rest in the carpet, although its still wet.. So yeah, never leave your washer on when you go away, it might flood the house!
...I hate marquees.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Ugh, glad you got the thing solved. Hope the moving transition goes smoothly. :D
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Ditto

We once had that happen to us...but it was upstairs on the roof so it didn't matter much.

What a pain in the neck. Evil washers. :x

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yeah. :x *kills washer*
...I hate marquees.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

*helps J-man kill all washers*

But wait....then my clothes will all be dirty!

Oh well.

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

That's what you get for leaving Lima! :x
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Amadeo wrote:That's what you get for leaving Lima! :x
Lima isn't any good.

:noway:

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Poor J-man! Did you have to stand around with a blowdryer to dry out the carpet? :D
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I remember when I was about five and our house flooded. Water was coming into our house from this one closet we kept all our games in. :(

So, I kinda know what you're going through.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

We had that happen once! Although it was from rain not a washer. And the water was like 3 feet deep in our basement. I was just a little tike, so it was so fun!!!!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Haha well we've had it come through the window too.. :anxious:

The floor is still semi-wet, and it's terriblely humid in here.. I wish we had a de-humidifier..
...I hate marquees.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

If you could swim and your basement was empty, you could just make it into a pool!
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Lucy wrote:*helps J-man kill all washers*

But wait....then my clothes will all be dirty!
just wear them until they're visably dirty or smelly then throw 'em away and get new ones :yes: :yes: :yes:

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh, that's not good! :( I hope that your stuff is safe and that it remains that way! :yes:
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I knew reading this would be bad it's really my fault, but I've gotta blame someone ;) Yesterday after reading this I was washing my pillows and pillow cases and stuff like that........then decided (after the washer was almost full of water) that four pillows just didn't look like they'd wash good in there, so I took two out, put them in the laundry basket.......no problemo......pick up the laudry basket to put it in the bath tub until the next wash, water from the pillows went all over the floor :p

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Though our washer has never flooded our house, one time the water didn't drain out of the washer. My dad, Laura, and myself spent like an hour bailing the washer out with cups and stuff... :anxious:
Country Girl
Classic

Post by Country Girl »

LOL Funny stories!!! (at least to and for me :P )

We've never had anythign like that happen to us. *shrug* my aunt and uncle have though :P
they had a pool at the bottom of a hill, and when it would rain alot, the pool would overflow, and flood their house
:( they've fixed it now though :)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

My mother read a story in the newspaper about a family who went on vaction and before they left the mother started the dishwasher. They came back and the dishwasher had malfunctioned and the floors, carpets, just about everything was ruined. After reading that story in the paper my mother would never go out and leave the washer or the dishwasher running. She always made sure that they were turned off before we left the house. I am the same way.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Our house has never flooded before. I'm sorry about the flooding, I hope things get better quick! :D

I have flooded some other things before though. #-o
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Wow! I am sorry, J-man! I hope there isn't mold or mildew!

Keep us updated. :D