What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Karin wrote:I just finished reading A Proposal by Lori Wick, and so I'm not sure what I'm going to read now.
Have you read the Kensington Chronicles? If you like Lori Wick, those are ones that I really like! They're kind of lame, like all of her books, but highly enjoyable and very re-readable! \:D/
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I just started reading Trumpeter of Krakow this morning. I forget who the author is.
Catspaw wrote:
Karin wrote:I just finished reading A Proposal by Lori Wick, and so I'm not sure what I'm going to read now.
Have you read the Kensington Chronicles? If you like Lori Wick, those are ones that I really like! They're kind of lame, like all of her books, but highly enjoyable and very re-readable! \:D/
No, I haven't read those. I'll probably read them eventually if I keep getting Lori Wick books when I go to the library. :)
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

I'm still reading Insomnia by Stephen King for the 2nd time. After tomorrow, I"ll actually have time for pleasure reading until May 15th! \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

The Disappearing Jewel of Madagascar by Sigmund Brouwer \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

EUCC wrote:I'm still reading Insomnia by Stephen King for the 2nd time. After tomorrow, I"ll actually have time for pleasure reading until May 15th! \:D/
Cool! Another Stephen King fan!! Do you like Insomnia? I haven't read it yet. What other books/movies ya like?
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Larry The Pickle wrote:
EUCC wrote:I'm still reading Insomnia by Stephen King for the 2nd time. After tomorrow, I"ll actually have time for pleasure reading until May 15th! \:D/
Cool! Another Stephen King fan!! Do you like Insomnia? I haven't read it yet. What other books/movies ya like?
Just go to that lovely thread you began and I listed most of the ones I've read. Insomnia is okay, honestly though it's not my favorite. I guess I liked it enough to read it twice though!
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Haha!! I'm reading 3 or 4 books at the same time! And I'm not getting confused!! (It's quite a feat for me)

:D :D :D

Joshua
- I can't remember the author, Boy Meets Girl, Say Hello to Courtship - Josh Harris, the Bible, and I just finished A Tangled Web - L. M. Montgomery

Good books.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Sundays with Scottie by Milton Jones

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Arwen wrote:Haha!! I'm reading 3 or 4 books at the same time! And I'm not getting confused!! (It's quite a feat for me)

:D :D :D

Joshua
- I can't remember the author, Boy Meets Girl, Say Hello to Courtship - Josh Harris, the Bible, and I just finished A Tangled Web - L. M. Montgomery

Good books.
I think I've been in that many before. Or more.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laura Ingalls wrote:The Disappearing Jewel of Madagascar by Sigmund Brouwer \:D/
Yes! Somebody else is reading a Sigmund Brouwer book! :D He's a Canadian, you know! O:) I've read that book too, though under the old, original covers, and I think he might have slightly updated them (bringing them out of the '90s ;)) when they were re-released. I like the Accidental Detectives books! :D

I'm reading "I Want to Go Home" by Gordon Korman right now - it's such a fun book! \:D/ I may be a bit above the target audience right now, but it's still hilarious!
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

I am reading The Gathering Place by Thomas Kinkade and someone else.
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

Mediator:Twilight and a Tony Campolo book
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

at the moment i'm not reading a book right now. but tomorow i hope to start The complex infrostructure of the female mind by Relient K but if i ccant find that i want to read from Gangs to Grace by t-bone
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I read A Stranger for Christmas by Carol Lynn Pearson this afternoon.

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Catspaw wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:The Disappearing Jewel of Madagascar by Sigmund Brouwer \:D/
Yes! Somebody else is reading a Sigmund Brouwer book! :D He's a Canadian, you know! O:) I've read that book too, though under the old, original covers, and I think he might have slightly updated them (bringing them out of the '90s ;)) when they were re-released. I like the Accidental Detectives books! :D
Our library just got all the newly released ones in...and I checked every one of them out. ;) I haven't read them before, so I'm enjoying them a lot - even though they're for 8-12 year olds and I'm 19. :anxious:

I'm now on The Legend of the Gilded Saber! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

I'm not reading anything right now. I finished my book last night. Next on my reading list is Love's Soft Whisper by June Masters Bacher.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

The Battle for Middle-earth, Fleming Rutledge.

Read it! Read it! \:D/
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

"The Witness" by Dee Henderson \:D/ Good stuff so far!
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Catspaw wrote:"The Witness" by Dee Henderson \:D/ Good stuff so far!
Isn't that part of the O'Malley series? I really enjoyed the O'Malley series! :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Karin wrote:
Catspaw wrote:"The Witness" by Dee Henderson \:D/ Good stuff so far!
Isn't that part of the O'Malley series? I really enjoyed the O'Malley series! :D
I really liked the O'Malley books as well, but "The Witness" is actually Dee Henderson's latest book, and is not part of any existing series. :)