The Beatles

Well?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

Who was the best?

Paul
44%
John
13%
George
19%
Ringo
25%

Total votes: 16

Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:You really can't tell if you like them unless you've actually heard them. ;)

But you can tell if you don't :D . . . :D Their politics and smugness took/take away any desire to spend time with their music. I don't like the style at all. *shrugs* To each their own.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Some people say Paul is dead and was replaced by a guy named Billy Shepered who got plastic surgery! :shock:

I don't believe it, though! \:D/
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Some people say Paul is dead and was replaced by a guy named Billy Shepered who got plastic surgery! :shock:

Yeah. I wish it was true, just because that would be awesome. :(
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Anyone like these guys? I'm convinced they're the greatest musical group of all time. Didn't think so untill I listened to practically all their stuff. My goodness. Genius at it's finest. Quality music. Timeless.

Anyone else love these guys? :)
well, i wouldnt say that. "ALL OF OUR SONGS WERE ABOUT DRUGS, THATS IT." quotes john lennon, lucy and the sky of diamonds, the initials there are l.s.d. and some of lennons stuff is very innapropriete, like one of his many horrible songs was about a priest, raping a little boy weird poop man.

Ryan
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

livin4messiah wrote:
Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Anyone like these guys? I'm convinced they're the greatest musical group of all time. Didn't think so untill I listened to practically all their stuff. My goodness. Genius at it's finest. Quality music. Timeless.

well, i wouldnt say that. "ALL OF OUR SONGS WERE ABOUT DRUGS, THATS IT." quotes john lennon, lucy and the sky of diamonds, the initials there are l.s.d. and some of lennons stuff is very innapropriete, like one of his many horrible songs was about a priest, raping a little boy weird poop man.

Ryan
Yeah, but your Pink Floyd and Disturbed are great pillars of virtue we should all aspire to emulate...
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

The Top Crusader wrote:
livin4messiah wrote:

Ryan
Yeah, but your Pink Floyd and Disturbed are great pillars of virtue we should all aspire to emulate...
1. i dont listen to disturbed anymore (they do witch craft) and 2. what is wrong with pink floyd?

Ryan
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I like a few Pink Floyd songs myself... but dude... don't get on the Beatles about drug use and act innocent about Pink Floyd... practically all they did was drug related...
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Sure, a lot of the 70s Beatle's music was written under the influence, but just to correct you on something, the factual statement Lennon made about it was he wasn't even thinking about LSD when he wrote it, the name of the song came from a picture his son drew at school of a schoolmate named Lucy flying in the sky, with diaomonds drawn around it. :)

*EDIT*

Also, I can't find that Lennon quote, "All of our songs were about drugs, that's it." What song are you referring to about the priest and all?

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Some people say Paul is dead and was replaced by a guy named Billy Shepered who got plastic surgery! :shock:

Yeah. I wish it was true, just because that would be awesome. :(
It happened in 1963. :shock:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Paul is alive. :noway:

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Paul is alive. :noway:
Yes, he lives in Beatles fans' hearts everywhere. :(

-Cowboy
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

COT, do you really believe he's dead and was replaced?

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:COT, do you really believe he's dead and was replaced?
No. I just think it's a great story that could be true, but is highly unlikely. \:D/

-Cowboy

Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Sure, a lot of the 70s Beatle's music was written under the influence, but just to correct you on something, the factual statement Lennon made about it was he wasn't even thinking about LSD when he wrote it, the name of the song came from a picture his son drew at school of a schoolmate named Lucy flying in the sky, with diaomonds drawn around it. :)

*EDIT*

Also, I can't find that Lennon quote, "All of our songs were about drugs, that's it." What song are you referring to about the priest and all?
i know a guy showed me it, the song that is, he had a book with all the beatles songs in it and he showed me that one.

Ryan
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

I voted for ringo only cause he was the drummer and prolly was the biggest influence to get people playing them! but paul is a great choice too.
Image [img]
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

It was a tough choice to decide between Paul and Ringo... But I finally voted Ringo, since he has a cooler nose. :yes:
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

No one like George Harrison? Some of his solo stuff is good enough to be on a Beatles album. And you gotta love While My Guitar Gently Weeps! ;)

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

The Top Crusader wrote:I like a few Pink Floyd songs myself... but dude... don't get on the Beatles about drug use and act innocent about Pink Floyd... practically all they did was drug related...
nah thats not what i ment, im not whackin the beatles, they rok! no, i meant it as just a little info on some of there stuff. pink floyd is awsome, just like the beatles, no harm ment.

Ryan
Argyle Ninja
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Argyle Ninja »

*Is listening to the Beatles right now* \:D/

*loves "Let It Be"* \:D/

I also think that the Beatles are great! \:D/

Even if they were drug addicts :anxious:
Not that frog, Styles. That's a good frog.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Pssh, and everyone else in the sixties wasn't? ;)

Paul and Ringo quitt. :noway:

Call me Sergeant Pepper.