Reality TV

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Reality TV

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Anyone into reality TV? Your opinions? Favorite shows?

I generally follow:

- The Amazing Race
- The Apprentice
- American Idol
- Canadian Idol

Certain reality programs really make you shake your head. I need not get into specifics. -_^
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Anyone into reality TV? Your opinions? Favorite shows?

I generally follow:

- The Amazing Race
- The Apprentice
- American Idol
- Canadian Idol

Certain reality programs really make you shake your head. I need not get into specifics. -_^
I love all of those, except Canadian Idol, since I can't really watch it... :P

In my youth group, we did this thing called the Amazing Race, and for 3 months, there were 4 teams, and the winners got a trip (all expense paid ;)) to Splash Lagoon (an indoor water park near me). We had to do all kinds of games and stuff. Hehe. ok, I'm off topic...

Sarah
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I really like The Amazing Race and The Apprentice.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

:-& I hate the stuff.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

ok The only reality show that I have ever watched was one season of the Bacholor when Andrew Firestone was on it. I've seen bits and pieces of The Apprentice, but I haven't really watched it. For the most part I don't like it, but it is fun watching if you're facinated with the way people interact with each other (yeah I'm strange like that). However if you watch PBS they do a reality type show where they send people back to a different time period. The one that I really liked was Regency House aka the bacholor Jane Austen style. Complete with Chaperones.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

dawningoftime wrote:ok The only reality show that I have ever watched was one season of the Bacholor when Andrew Firestone was on it. I've seen bits and pieces of The Apprentice, but I haven't really watched it. For the most part I don't like it, but it is fun watching if you're facinated with the way people interact with each other (yeah I'm strange like that). However if you watch PBS they do a reality type show where they send people back to a different time period. The one that I really liked was Regency House aka the bacholor Jane Austen style. Complete with Chaperones.
I love those! I enjoyed colonial house too, along with 1900's house, and frontier house. :)

Okay, leaving, really!

Sarah
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I'm waiting for 'The Mole' to come back on the air.

I'm afraid it won't be.
John Whittaker
Gold Member

Post by John Whittaker »

I can't say I favor those types of shows. It seems to me what they're calling "reality TV" features things that are a far cry from reality. From what I've observed, society seems to be on a reality-TV overload right now, so it seems like they're going to just get more popular.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

I thought you didn't have a TV Whit? I really enjoy extreme makeover home edition, it's one of the few reality shows that leaves you with a good feeling after watching it.
John Whittaker
Gold Member

Post by John Whittaker »

I don't, but that dosen't mean I'm not aware of what's going on in the world, despite what Connie tells me. ;)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

lol, Whit.
Whit wrote:It seems to me what they're calling "reality TV" features things that are a far cry from reality.
I agree with you on that, though.

Ah, yes. EMHE is quite enjoyable to watch, and it doesn't involve any cheating, lying, etc. Both the designers and the family benefit from each other in so many different ways . . .
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

That is why I like the Apprentice. You have to be good at things to win. You can't just stab people in the back because that will make your team mad at you and you will get fired. You have to be good at what you do and can't lie because if you do you will probably get fired for it. You also need a nice personality so people like you and you can earn their trust.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I don't have a TV, so I can't watch any of those shows. But, I enjoy American Idol when I can watch it, or follow it on the internet.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I don't watch like, anything on the T.V., but I hear about it from the ppl at school.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Just for the record, I abhor 'reality tv' and am perfectly happy being involved in my reality, not Hollywood's. I have a TV, but it is rarely ever on.

-Jonathan
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

When I took a broadcast operations class my professor said that the main reason that there are so many reality shows is that they're cheap to produce, however like everything it's a fad sooner or later something else will come along.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Hm, well it certainly is a popular fad for the moment . . . and has been for several years now. Cheap to produce, huh? I guess that would explain why there are so many of them out there. :-k Most of them are just plain garbage, while others always seem to receive good ratings. If I'm not mistaken, Survivor, American Idol, Amazing Race are all in the top 10, I believe . . .
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serrebi
29K to go!

Post by serrebi »

John Whittaker wrote:I can't say I favor those types of shows. It seems to me what they're calling "reality TV" features things that are a far cry from reality. From what I've observed, society seems to be on a reality-TV overload right now, so it seems like they're going to just get more popular.
Unfortunetly your right. Reality Shows are everywhere on tv. There getting rediculess. I don't know, maybe it's me, but lots of the situations are, well, a little on the wild side... Fiction is fine, but when you call it reality tv... that's what gets me mad... I just don't pay atention to prime time tv lol :D .
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Yeah a lot of them are very cheap to produce, with a few exceptions like EMHE.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

I m not really a big fan of Reality TV. I think most of it is garbage, I have not seen all of them but from the ones I ve heard about they are nothing more than society at its lowest point. Sure some may be great and non-offensive but to me they are just a waste of everything. They are not Christian like at all. Sorry about cutting down Reality TV so much, its just I don't think much it. Not only reality TV but also a lot of stuff on TV nowadays are just as bad. I don't care to watch them or talk about them but I was just clearing up the notion that Reality TV is normal TV are equally bad at times.