United 93

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Me wrote:Well, the story was approved by the families of the people who were on the plane, but that doesn't automatically make it a good movie.
I was just talking to someone else about that, wondering if the families approved... thank you, the ever informative, Me. \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Continental Admiral wrote:
Jennifer Doyle wrote:Haven't seen anything about it . . . maybe it will remind people why we are involved in the current things around the world we are.
Indeed. Seems like people are sympathizing with the terrorists too often now days...

If the movie was made in an accurate, correct, and respecting manner, I'd like to see it.
Well, the story was approved by the families of the people who were on the plane, but that doesn't automatically make it a good movie.
Ditto to both of you. I'm not sure I'd really want to watch it, it was basically pure horror even for somebody outside America without having to see it on the big screen or as a movie.
Last edited by Lucy Pevensie on Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

But if it is accurate it can really show us how he people on the plane felt and stuff like that. As I said before I will probably try to watch it just because of it's significance.

Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Here's a trailer that doesn't require Quicktime

And here's a "Behind the Scenes" clip

I personally don't think that I'm going to be watching this movie. At least not for a couple of years. It takes me an incredibly long time to get over things like this. I'm just still too scared, I guess, which is pretty stupid, but it happens to me a lot. Like, when a guy in my 7th grade class got hit by a car and died, I couldn't even go to the funeral, becuase I was so freaked out about the whole thing...
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Elgian
Fourscore and seven

Post by Elgian »

I know their quest is to make it as accurate as possible, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be. I think it's only supposed to be as long as the flight was; a real time type of thing.

It looks interesting.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Lucy Pevensie wrote: I'm not sure I'd really want to watch it, it was basically pure horror even for somebody outside America without having to see it on the big screen or as a movie.
Well like with The Passion sometimes it is necessary.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

It looked interesting... when I first saw the preview, I thought, "Hm... that just might be the first R-rated movie I go to without a parent." (The only other R-rated movie I've seen in its entirety was The Passion.)

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I might see it. I dunno. It says from the directors of Bourne Supremacy..that was a good movie!

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:It looked interesting... when I first saw the preview, I thought, "Hm... that just might be the first R-rated movie I go to without a parent." (The only other R-rated movie I've seen in its entirety was The Passion.)

Mandy
Is it rated R? I didn't know about that... For violence, ya think?
I'll probably see it... Maybe by myself, so I can bawl by eyes out! :anxious:
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

The movie is to serve as reminder to why US troops are still in Iraq. Good timing I must say.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

The theater I work at is getting it. I will prob see it before work.

http://dtmovies.com/showtimes.aspx?tid= ... e=20060502
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I know some of you aren't wild about PI, but regardless, here is their review. After reading it, I've decided I'm not ready to see it, and here is why:
Watching it (and well after), I felt the same sense of shock and numbness that gripped me then.
I felt that way just reading through the review.
Last edited by Jonathan on Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

STUPID THEATRE!!!!! We aren't getting it this week. Maybe we'll pick it up next week with MI:III.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

It does have a LOT of cussing as people react. There is the violence going on as well. Very moving and powerful.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Jonathan wrote:I know some of you aren't wild about PI, but regardless, here is their review. After reading it, I've decided I'm not ready to see it, and here is why:
Watching it (and well after), I felt the same sense of shock and numbness that gripped me then.
I felt that way just reading through the review.
Yeah, I felt that way just watching the preview! No way I'm going to watch it...
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'll probably see it when it comes out on DVD. As some of you have already mentioned, the film serves as a good reminder of the acts of courage and sacrifice during 9-11. Nobody thought they could make movies or documentaries about the Holocaust, and yet many people have been touched by the stories surrounding those terrible times.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

ok .. I didn't look close enough...delete my topic :anxious:

I was afraid it would turn into a politically influenced movie about how we could have preventef it, and how the adminstration didn't their jobs, and so on and so forth. Think Michael Moore. I hope it is a good movie..
Last edited by Aram on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

only if I can still keep my money from it! :shock:
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

lol you should be able to..if not I'll donate you 5 bucks :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Aram wrote:ok .. I didn't look close enough...delete my topic :anxious:

I was afraid it would turn into a politically influenced movie about how we could have preventef it, and how the adminstration didn't their jobs, and so on and so forth. Think Michael Moore. I hope it is a good movie..
It couldn't be farther from what you described. Scroll up and click on the link I gave in my other post.