What is your favorite "old" movie

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Sound of Music has been a favourite for many years, and I liked Charade as well, though I didn't think of it until Robo mentioned it! Roman Holiday is good too, and I Was a Male War Bride is a funny Cary Grant movie! :lol:
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Catspaw wrote:The Sound of Music has been a favourite for many years, and I liked Charade as well, though I didn't think of it until Robo mentioned it! Roman Holiday is good too, and I Was a Male War Bride is a funny Cary Grant movie! :lol:
North by North-West with Cary Grant. \:D/
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Elf of Rivendell wrote:
Catspaw wrote:The Sound of Music has been a favourite for many years, and I liked Charade as well, though I didn't think of it until Robo mentioned it! Roman Holiday is good too, and I Was a Male War Bride is a funny Cary Grant movie! :lol:
I haven't seen that one. :( I should some time! \:D/ Another Cary Grant movie I like is Arsenic and Old Lace - sooo good! My Fair Lady is another good older movie, and I've also seen the AIO-mentioned It Happened One Night. :D I remember that I liked it, but I can't recall all the details inbetween. However, it was quite enjoyable, and I learned how to get a vehicle to stop for you if you're trying to hitchike! \:D/
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Catspaw wrote:
Elf of Rivendell wrote:
I haven't seen that one. :( I should some time! \:D/ Another Cary Grant movie I like is Arsenic and Old Lace - sooo good! My Fair Lady is another good older movie, and I've also seen the AIO-mentioned It Happened One Night. :D I remember that I liked it, but I can't recall all the details inbetween. However, it was quite enjoyable, and I learned how to get a vehicle to stop for you if you're trying to hitchike! \:D/
You mean you didn't know how? ;)
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Elf of Rivendell wrote:
Well, based on the movie, I learned that various thumb techniques don't work nearly as well as showing a bit of one's leg if one is wearing a skirt. ;)
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

i like lots of old movies but one that i've seen once and been wanting to see again (i saw it when i was about 8 or 9) is The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. Very funny movie...and scary if you've never seen it!

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Catspaw wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Elf of Rivendell wrote:
Well, based on the movie, I learned that various thumb techniques don't work nearly as well as showing a bit of one's leg if one is wearing a skirt. ;)
Well, I prefer shotguns, but that's another story. :-

-Cowboy

ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Casablanca, Auntie Mame (Rosalind Russell version), A Christmas Carol (1951 with Alistair Sim), Harvey, any Sherlock Holmes with Basil Rathbone

plus alot more!
TeXico_Blondie
Gold Member

Post by TeXico_Blondie »

The Sound of Music

The Absent Minded Professor

A Star is Born (was that in the right era??)
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

TeXico_Blondie wrote:The Sound of Music

The Absent Minded Professor

A Star is Born (was that in the right era??)
Yeah, I think it was.

I like the Absent-Minded Professor also. Didn't they make 2 of them?

And the Shaggy Dog. \:D/

-Cowboy

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote: I like the Absent-Minded Professor also. Didn't they make 2 of them?
Oh my goodness! I can't believe that I forgot to mention that movie! I've seen it tons of times, especially when I was younger, and love it! \:D/ I've never seen the sequel, but I adore the first one! It's just too fun!
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

The Sound of Music (My favorite movie of all time!!)
Singin' In The Rain
Duck Soup
Mary Poppins
It's a Wonderful Life
Anything with Charlie Chaplin in it!
Every Girl Should Be Married (I *think* that's what it's called...)
The Wizard of Oz
Meet Me in St. Louis

And many more... :D
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Evangeline Doyle wrote:The Sound of Music (My favorite movie of all time!!)
Singin' In The Rain
Duck Soup
Mary Poppins
It's a Wonderful Life
Anything with Charlie Chaplin in it!
Every Girl Should Be Married (I *think* that's what it's called...)
The Wizard of Oz
Meet Me in St. Louis

And many more... :D
Oh yes!! Gold Rush was hilarious! I almost forgot about Roman Holiday that Robo and Catspaw mentioned too. Anything with A Hepburn in it!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Catspaw wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Elf of Rivendell wrote:
Okay, I totally learned how to hitchhike from that movie, and the first time I thumbed a ride, i was being overly dramatic and did one of the long gestures and it totally worked! It was sort of embarassing, but I got my ride. It happened one night is one of the best movies ever! All 7 academy awards....yeah, good stuff. I also liked North by Northwest, Rear Window, Arsenic and Old Lace...actually, most of the movies I like are from the 40's. That was, as we know, the decade of the movie!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

EUCC wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Elf of Rivendell wrote:
Okay, I totally learned how to hitchhike from that movie, and the first time I thumbed a ride, i was being overly dramatic and did one of the long gestures and it totally worked! It was sort of embarassing, but I got my ride. It happened one night is one of the best movies ever! All 7 academy awards....yeah, good stuff. I also liked North by Northwest, Rear Window, Arsenic and Old Lace...actually, most of the movies I like are from the 40's. That was, as we know, the decade of the movie!
Yay! Somebody else who has seen the movie and apparently got more practical value from it than I did! ;)

Sidenote...you said all 7 academy awards, but according to AIO, it won all 5 major Oscar awards, I thought. :-k Am I remembering wrong, or did it do both?
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

I love old movies! My absolute favorite is Sound of Music, but I like anything with Julie Andrews, Audrey Hepburn, Fred Astair, Cary Grant,
Abott & Costello, etc. I really like Fred Astair's Royal Wedding. It's got him dancing on the ceiling!
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

catspaw, i'm sure odyssey is right, it was 5. i must have had some brain lapse. anyway, i totally love old movies and i have seen most of the good ones (any that won an academy award i've probably seen). but yeah, i'll have fun hitchhiking stories to tell the non-existant grandkids, for sure.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Last Tango in Paris.

I especially like the scene where Marlin Brando. . .well, this is a kid's forum. I digress.
don't forget the rain.
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

The Sound of Music
My Fair Lady
Casablanca
To Kill a Mockingbird
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Anne Frank
Citizen Kane

And some other ones that aren't off the top of my head
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

*merged thread "Favorite old movies"*

You can turn movie questions around a million different ways, but I thought this one was interesting. I personally like Casablanca, Alfred Hitchcok's To Catch a Thief, and White Christmas. Also Holiday Inn. They should never change a blank-and-white movie to color. Never!
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.