Gold Audio Bonus Features

What have we missed?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

STRYPER wrote:Dr. Dobson comes to Town

...And they're not even broadcasting it :(

This remains (along with Pamela has a Problem) one of the only Odyssey episodes I've never heard.
This is on Gold 13 as one of the CD-ROM episodes. Also from what i understand Pamala has a Problem is on the Lost Episodes CD.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

AIOFan11 wrote:Like the members above have said, something on fansites would be delightful, more bloopers (everyone likes them, right? It doesn't seem you can go wrong with them), and interviews with writers, and maybe a few fans (if that is possible).

Thanks for always letting us be in, Mr. Hoobler. \:D/
Yes! Tell about the ToO and interview some of us. Like Shadowpaw, of course. and me
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

DanP740 wrote:
AIOFan11 wrote:Like the members above have said, something on fansites would be delightful, more bloopers (everyone likes them, right? It doesn't seem you can go wrong with them), and interviews with writers, and maybe a few fans (if that is possible).

Thanks for always letting us be in, Mr. Hoobler. \:D/
Yes! Tell about the ToO and interview some of us. Like Shadowpaw, of course. and me
And Jared!
I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Eh, okaaaaaaay, him too.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

dawningoftime wrote:
STRYPER wrote:Dr. Dobson comes to Town

...And they're not even broadcasting it :(

This remains (along with Pamela has a Problem) one of the only Odyssey episodes I've never heard.
This is on Gold 13 as one of the CD-ROM episodes. Also from what i understand Pamala has a Problem is on the Lost Episodes CD.
Dobson Comes to Town is on Gold Audio 13, but you must have WMA either on your computer or a WMA capable CD player in order to listen to it.
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

I mentioned this in another thread, how about the "wrap arounds" from the earlier episodes. That's the only reason I'm holding on to my cassette albums.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I really don't want anything about the websites, as many people have asked to have. Sure, say something about Whit's End.org, if you wish, but we should really make sure that the Odyssey Series and we as fans on these websites remain apart. Focus on the Family is not affiliated with any of these fan websites, and I doubt it can/should promote them.

Wasn't there some sort of contest involving a one-scene adventures in Odyssey episode...?

I forget what the episode was about that won. But I remembered that I enjoyed it. Did that ever get put into something?

The BC
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Do you mean "My Girl Hallie," the ep where fans got to vote on the Offical Site for which ending they would air? :-k On the CD (in the"In Hot Pursuit" album) they included both endings already, if that's what you wanted as a bonus feature.

I think I agree with Bennett about the fan site thing. :) The ToO and AIOSF etc are not offically linked with AIO or FOTF, and therefore they cannot vouch for the content of fan sites, no matter how much we may enjoy them. Websites also change over time, and it's annoying to see a link somewhere, only to find out that the site no longer exists.
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

Just wanted to let you know the status on a few of these...
Gandalf wrote:-Radio spots for more of the shows
We'll probably have a couple more of these. Personally, I like the other behind the scenes features better than the "original theatrical trailers," but when they're fun spots, it's definitely a good idea to include them.
Gandalf wrote:-Definitely more unreleased shows (preferably so they are all released by the end of the Lost Album)
We will have a few more of these on 14 & 15 and, of course, the Lost Episodes. However, they won't be all released at the end of the Lost Episodes. It will be close, but there are several that won't be released for various reasons (such as "You Go to School Where?").
Gandalf wrote:-Scripts for performable shows (BTV, KIDS radio, etc. episodes) IE. shows that can be performed at church or camp without any connection to AIO per sey.
That's a good idea as well. I'm not sure that we'll include scripts on the Gold Audio series, but we should put more on WhitsEnd.org. Any suggestions for the next script to put up?
Gandalf wrote:-Deleted scenes. This one has surprised me that it hasn't been on more AIO episodes. There has got to be more of those deleted scenes like the one from 'Thank You, God', lying around for some of those episodes. For example, I believe there was several from 'A Class Act'.
This is an excellent question. I LOVE deleted scenes on DVDs and the like because it sheds light on the editing process, something that I'm fascinated with. So why haven't we included deleted scenes on the Gold Audio series? Because, in nearly every case, they simply don't exist. The process of editing back in those days was to use a razor blade to slice up reel-to-reel tape and tape the pieces together with each bit of dialog. If the show was too long for the broadcast, the extra bits were cut out and thrown away. So just about all of those deleted scenes are gone forever, including the famous "A Class Act" and "Room Mates" scenes. (The "Thank You God" scene was only saved because that show was also produced for a Focus on the Family broadcast.) We're just coming up on the era where they started recording "Run DATs" (tapes of the entire session), many of which are still saved. On Gold Audio 15, we'll have some very interesting deleted scenes from "Pipe Dreams," one of the first shows to have a Run DAT.
Gandalf wrote:I realize this was in a different thread, but I would like to hear 'complete' versions (as best as they exist, even if it's only dialogue) from 'Backwoods Jacobs' and 'The Hoax's on You' (and any other episodes that didn't make it to air).
That's an interesting idea as well. We did include the entire SCRIPT of Backwoods Jacobs on an earlier release. It's unlikely that we would include the entire episode becuase the voice track edit was never completed. A show like "The Hoax's on You" could be possible (since that show was fully produced), but don't hold your breath! :D

Thanks for the ideas and input!
Fan Of AIO
Not as new

Post by Fan Of AIO »

I would love to hear a telephone interview with Azure who played Donna Barclay. She is one of my favorite kid actors on AIO. I understand that she is in England. It wouldn't be hard to have a telephone interview with her. We have already heard from George Barclay and Jimmy Barclay. Thanks Nathan for everything!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Catspaw wrote:Do you mean "My Girl Hallie," the ep where fans got to vote on the Offical Site for which ending they would air? :-k On the CD (in the"In Hot Pursuit" album) they included both endings already, if that's what you wanted as a bonus feature.
No, "My Girl Hallie" isn't one scene.

Their was a contest on the Whit's End.org website (wonderworld to be exact), for fans to submit a script for a one scene episode. Some kid won, and it was turned into a show with some punchline at the end. This was around the Novacom Saga. It was never released in a later album...

The BC
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

The BC wrote:I really don't want anything about the websites, as many people have asked to have. Sure, say something about Whit's End.org, if you wish, but we should really make sure that the Odyssey Series and we as fans on these websites remain apart. Focus on the Family is not affiliated with any of these fan websites, and I doubt it can/should promote them.

The BC
Frankly I don't see what the conflict would be. Yes the fan sites are seperate from Focus, but there's nothing wrong with a bit on the different fan sites that are out there, why they're creators decided to do them in the first place, and what the response of something like this has been. It would also be interesting to get the view of the writers who probably poke around here. I mean you say that the fan sites and focus should stay seperate, yet it's on a fan site that Nathan Hoobler is asking input on what bonus features we as fans would like to see. You can talk about the different sites out there without actually having the links to them.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

dawningoftime wrote:
The BC wrote:I really don't want anything about the websites, as many people have asked to have. Sure, say something about Whit's End.org, if you wish, but we should really make sure that the Odyssey Series and we as fans on these websites remain apart. Focus on the Family is not affiliated with any of these fan websites, and I doubt it can/should promote them.

The BC
Frankly I don't see what the conflict would be. Yes the fan sites are seperate from Focus, but there's nothing wrong with a bit on the different fan sites that are out there, why they're creators decided to do them in the first place, and what the response of something like this has been. It would also be interesting to get the view of the writers who probably poke around here. I mean you say that the fan sites and focus should stay seperate, yet it's on a fan site that Nathan Hoobler is asking input on what bonus features we as fans would like to see. You can talk about the different sites out there without actually having the links to them.
Okay, and for those who don't wander the sites? Mind you, we make up a small population of Odyssey listeners. Why should they care about what they think of us? And what about in 10 years? Chances are over half these websites won't be here. By all means, let the writers post here and let us know what they think, but we want to know about Odyssey...not about us.

BC
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The BC wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Do you mean "My Girl Hallie," the ep where fans got to vote on the Offical Site for which ending they would air? :-k On the CD (in the"In Hot Pursuit" album) they included both endings already, if that's what you wanted as a bonus feature.

Their was a contest on the Whit's End.org website (wonderworld to be exact), for fans to submit a script for a one scene episode. Some kid won, and it was turned into a show with some punchline at the end. This was around the Novacom Saga. It was never released in a later album...

The BC
I know that it wasn't one scene, but it was the only thing I could think of, and the endings that were voted on were one scene each. :- I don't remember the contest that you're referring to. :-k
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:On Gold Audio 15, we'll have some very interesting deleted scenes from "Pipe Dreams," one of the first shows to have a Run that.
Does that include Tumweiler twins by any chance? :-
Catspaw wrote:
The BC wrote:

The BC
I know that it wasn't one scene, but it was the only thing I could think of, and the endings that were voted on were one scene each. :- I don't remember the contest that you're referring to. :-k
I know what he's talking about. I recorded that scene on tape when it aired. I haven't listened to it in a long time so I'm just going by memory here. I think the winner was a "Curtis Ching" or something and he was from Canada, I believe. The scene had Alex with an upset stomach because he ate one of Connie's cookies (something you should never ever do!). Um... I can't remember what else happened. It was funny. :anxious:
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I also remember that scene that a fan wrote. It was broadcast on the beginning of one of the Best of Kids episodes (maybe "The Buck Starts Here"?). You can download MP3s of the beginnings of the BOKs episodes at odysseyfan.com. It's on one of those shows...

Dave
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

Chandler wrote:Does that include Tumweiler twins by any chance?
Yes, it does, actually. Those references on pages 268 & 272 of the Guide will finally be explained...
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:
Yes, it does, actually. Those references on pages 268 & 272 of the Guide will finally be explained...
Hooray for obscure references finally being explained! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:
Nathan Hoobler wrote:
Hooray for obscure references finally being explained! \:D/
Wow, I had to run and get my Complete Guide to have any idea who the Tumweiler twins were, based on those page references. Some people definitely read that book more closely than I do! It will be interesting to hear the story, I'm sure! :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I think I had that book memorized... once... :anxious:

O:) :-