Breaking News

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

Hey everyone!

I haven't been around for awhile, but this album sounds really exciting. Some of us have been asking/begging AIO to do it for over 7 years now! While I've been thrilled that they announced this, I'm dissapointed in the decision for a few reasons. First, the decision to include those old Family Portrait re-airs, though they are officially part of the AIO series, really makes the possibility of a re-released Family Portraits album seem non-existant. I would much rather these four episodes not be included on the Lost album so that they can be released on a family portraits album.
Nathan Hoobler wrote:All,

Just so you know, here are the episodes that will STILL be unreleased even after the Lost Episodes come out. Some of them can't be included for various reasons.

STILL UNRELEASED:
55: Auld Land Syne (End of first year retrospective, never released)
85: “You Go To School Where?” (Never released)
215: Caroling, Caroling (Released as single and on Christmas album, but never in regular album.)
370, 371: Christmas Around the World, Parts I & II (Released as a single, but never on an album)
435, 436: A Look Back, Parts I & II (End of millennium retrospective, never released)
434: BTV: Redeeming the Season (Released on six-episode Christmas album, never on a “regular” release)
439: BTV: Grace (Never released)
438b: The Telltale Cat (Split) (Never released)
442b: Sticks and Stones (Split) (Never released)
444a: Career Moves (Split) (Never released)
500: 500 (In an individual package, but never on an album.)
501: Inside the Studio (Never released)
All of these episodes, except for 500, should be released in some format on one of the Gold Audio Series. Episodes that some consider 'offensive' should be included on Windows Media (Especially with BTV: Grace this should more than solve the problem). Some of these episodes should be included as special bonuses on album 14 or 15 (ex. Caroling, Christmas Around the World, Inside the Studio, the Splits, etc.).
I think it would a very nice 'fitting end' to the Gold Audio Series to include a retrospect from the first year (Auld Lang Syne), a retrospect from the end of the century (A Look Back), and a retrospect of 500 episodes (Inside the Studio).
Nathan Hoobler wrote:And of course all the Officer Harley episodes:
3: Lights Out at Whit's End
9: Doing Unto Others
11: Addiction Can be Habit-Forming
13: Bobby's Valentine
14: Missed It By That Much
21: The Case of the Missing Train Car
23: The Quality of Mercy
24: Gotcha!
25: Harley Takes the Case, Part I
26: Harley Takes the Case, Part II
70: The Return of Harley, Part I
71: The Return of Harley, Part II
Still crossing fingers for a Harley album (including the unedited versions of The Tangled Web and Promises, Promises).
Nathan Hoobler wrote:What would be the interest if we put a few of these episodes on the Lost Episodes in Windows Media format, like we have with other Gold Audio releases? Perhaps in some sort of "unreleased archive"? I'm thinking that we should maybe have A Look Back, 500, and Inside the Studio (the retrospective shows).

I'm not promising this yet. Just asking what you think. :)

Nathan
It TOTALLY needs to be done. I don't see a reason, with a little shuffling and such, that all of the non-Harley shouldn't be included in some format on the last three Gold Audio albums. But I digress...
Nathan Hoobler wrote:
Flyah wrote:I'm just really confused about "You Go to School Where" and "BTV:Grace." Why not include these?
"You Go to School Where?" just isn't accurate about home-schooling any more. We've gotten letters about it before and probably would again. It's still available on single cassette/CD from Focus, though.

BTV: Grace is apparently rather offensive to Amish people so we decided not to release it. Also, we figured people would rather have many of the "old" unreleased than the "new" unreleased.
Take a cue from Disney and other major studios that produce 'offensive' material at the beginning of their business. Release this stuff with a note saying why it was pulled for so long and putting it into context. Better yet, have Chris or one of the team explain before the epsidode starts why they were pulled. This could be done with a few 'offensive' episodes to see how well they go over with the hope that something similar could be done for a Harley album...

Edit - please try to avoid double posts. Thanks! - Catspaw
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Why are they including "Train Ride"? That's in an album.... :anxious:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Lady Simbelmynë wrote:Why are they including "Train Ride"? That's in an album.... :anxious:
Here's what Dave said.
Dave wrote:I don't think "A Maze of Mysteries" is still available, and most people don't want to waste $25 for 11 episodes they've already heard and one they haven't, so it makes a lot of sense to put "Train Ride" on the Lost album.

Dave
Nathan Hoobler wrote:"You Go to School Where?" just isn't accurate about home-schooling any more. We've gotten letters about it before and probably would again. It's still available on single cassette/CD from Focus, though.
That's true, but the worst cliché/stereotype of homeschoolers that I've seen from FotF is Kathy's book "Double Exposure." And that's still readily available. :anxious:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Gandalf wrote:
Nathan Hoobler wrote:
Flyah wrote:I'm just really confused about "You Go to School Where" and "BTV:Grace." Why not include these?
"You Go to School Where?" just isn't accurate about home-schooling any more. We've gotten letters about it before and probably would again. It's still available on single cassette/CD from Focus, though.

BTV: Grace is apparently rather offensive to Amish people so we decided not to release it. Also, we figured people would rather have many of the "old" unreleased than the "new" unreleased.
Take a cue from Disney and other major studios that produce 'offensive' material at the beginning of their business. Release this stuff with a note saying why it was pulled for so long and putting it into context. Better yet, have Chris or one of the team explain before the epsidode starts why they were pulled. This could be done with a few 'offensive' episodes to see how well they go over with the hope that something similar could be done for a Harley album...
Amish listen to AIO? They aren't even allowed to have electricity! :-s
...I hate marquees.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

J-man wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
Nathan Hoobler wrote:

That's interesting. I had never thought about the Amish as AIO listeners.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Laurie wrote:
J-man wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
Nathan Hoobler wrote:

That's interesting. I had never thought about the Amish as AIO listeners.
I rather doubt they would. Unless he's talking about a particular strain that isn't as strict. On the other hand, Nathan never said that the Amish themselves complained. So we don't really know who claimed it was offensive.
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Thanks AIO for FINALLY compiling a "Lost Episodes" album. =D> I've waited so long for this! Especially for "What are we gonna do about Halloween?". As far as "Train Ride" goes, I was one of the schmo's that bought "A Maze of Mysteries" album just for that episode. Now that's a true fan!

I have to chime in with everyone else and say I want ALL unreleased episodes. Any way you can give them to me, I'll take it. I've never heard the Harley episodes and would love to hear them.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I haven't heard B-TV: Grace in ages. What would be so offensive about the show to Amish people?
dforry
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by dforry »

You can read Nathan Hooblers review of BTV: Grace here

It has been so long since I heard the show that I don't remember what was offensive to the Amish. I think there was a several minute long skit that was set in the Amish community. Shows like this should be redone as the Harley shows were; however since this show doesn't have a high rating maybe dropping it is the best.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

WindowWasher wrote:As far as "Train Ride" goes, I was one of the schmo's that bought "A Maze of Mysteries" album just for that episode. Now that's a true fan!
Heh, me too^_^
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:
WindowWasher wrote:As far as "Train Ride" goes, I was one of the schmo's that bought "A Maze of Mysteries" album just for that episode. Now that's a true fan!
Heh, me too^_^
Me three. ;) I'm actually happy they're re-releasing it because my copy of "A Maze of Mysteries" is cassette. :razz:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Heh, me too^_^
Me three. ;) I'm actually happy they're re-releasing it because my copy of "A Maze of Mysteries" is cassette. :razz:
I would be "me four" in that case, but I bought it on CD. :- But I had a (somewhat) decent reason besides that - my tape for part one of "The Perfect Witness" had recently died, and and therefore I could justify the need for 2 out of the 12 eps, and since it's a three-parter, I could kind of justify 4 out of 12, and "Train Ride" is almost fun enough to make the set worthwhile just for that anyway! \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Catspaw wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Heh, me too^_^
I would be "me four" in that case, but I bought it on CD. :- But I had a (somewhat) decent reason besides that - my tape for part one of "The Perfect Witness" had recently died, and and therefore I could justify the need for 2 out of the 12 eps, and since it's a three-parter, I could kind of justify 4 out of 12, and "Train Ride" is almost fun enough to make the set worthwhile just for that anyway! \:D/
I would be "me five." If I had known that they were going to release a "Lost" album and putting Train Ride on it I would not have bought A Maze of Mysteries. Train Ride was my only excuse for buying that album. Oh well I guess it is worth having since it can no longer be found.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I'm going to sell my copy on ebay and see if Shadowpaw will buy it. ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Chandler wrote:I'm going to sell my copy on ebay and see if Shadowpaw will buy it. ;)
That's a great idea, although you never know he may already have it. Even if Shadowpaw does not buy it, I am sure that there is somebody else out there looking for that album. :D
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Jonathan wrote:A line of Glossman's comes to mind; "Much needed and long overdue." I'm looking forward it's release :)
I agree! =D>

Haystack
EugeneFan wrote:
Chandler wrote:What? They're not including "One Bad Apple"?? :o That's an important show, even if it's not that great. Maybe they'll include it in another album... with all their lost review shows! \:D/
"One Bad Apple" has been included in Gold Audio Album #7 :).
Yeah, I know! I bought it as a Christmas gift for my little sis. :D

Haystack

P.S I'm new here.

Edit - please try to avoid double posts. Thanks! And welcome here! :D - Catspaw