The Partridge Family

Come on, get happy! Fun pictures of Dave Madden, the voice of Bernard Walton!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
The Partridge Family

Post by Catspaw »

I have now seen the first two seasons of the Partridge Family on DVD, and find them very fun! \:D/ It's a TV show from the early 1970's, for the unenlightened. ;) I'm not saying that I totally agree with every single value that they promote, but there's definitely worse stuff out there! Besides, how can you be cool and be serious about the same girl for more than one episode? ;)

One highlight was seeing their manager, Reuben Kincaid, in action. Why is some old guy cooler than David Cassidy, you ask? Because Reuben is played by Dave Madden, a name familiar to some AIO fans, since he plays Bernard Walton! \:D/ In some ways the characters are similar, since they both have that curmudgeon quality and are funny and kind of negative.

Here's a few screencaps of Dave Madden from the show! \:D/

^ An impromptu decision to go camping doesn't turn out so well. ;) Keith is on the left, Danny is in the middle, and Reuben/Dave Madden is the one on the right.

^ Still camping/hiking...and they're lost.

^ Yeah, camping was tons of fun. ;)

^ Reuben thinks that he was invited to a costume party...unfortunately, he was mislead. ;) That's Shirley Partridge on the right.

^ Poor Reuben wasn't very happy to find out that he dressed up for nothing. :(
Last edited by Catspaw on Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

Catspaw, you are officially my hero. I really loved watching "Mother gets married" Watching Dave Madden as Rueben Kincaid often has me commenting "that is such a Bernard thing!" I love the Partridge family. Danny Partridge reminds me of a little guy that I know. He's one of my favorite kids.
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Lizzy wrote:Catspaw, you are officially my hero.
Yay! \:D/ Can I claim to have a fan club now? ;)

I found a picture that reminded me of AIO!

^ Come on, doesn't that send you right back to "Third Degree"? \:D/ "And I am willing to stay in this jail for one hundred years if necesary..." :lol:

EDIT: I just saw that Dave Madden was born in Canada, though he was raised in the USA. I might have heard that before, but if I did, I forgot. ;) Now he's definitely very cool! \:D/

And I have to admit that David Cassidy, who plays Keith Partridge, has his cute moments. ;)

STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I love the show and I didn't know it was out on DVD.

I really think Dave Madden could have and should have gotten more acting jobs. He's really hilarious...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Dude. That picture of Bernie Walton in a Tutu! PRICELESS!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Threre are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Dave Madden in a Tutu. :reporter:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

Well Catspaw, if you get to claim having a fan club, I get to claim Yannick Bisson as mine, all mine! Cowboy of Texas - I really like the spoof on the Mastercard commercial. :rofl2:
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I think that JessiCA might have something to say about you getting Yannick Bisson. :( She seems fairly attached to him, and I've heard rumours that she has firearms at her disposal. :( Besides, his wife probably wants to keep him. ;)

*tries to convince more people to want to watch The Partridge Family*

Appeal to Star Wars fans: Mark Hamill is in one episode in the first season! \:D/ He looks young, but definitely recognizable!

Appeal to POTC fans: one of their songs, called, "I Can Feel Your Heartbeat," has a line that goes "...I'm a man of my word..." which never fails to make me mentally add, "Except for Elizabeth, who is, in fact, a woman." :lol:
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Hahahaha. \:D/

I don't get it. :-s

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You don't get the Pirates of the Carribean thing? Is that what you're referring to, COT? :-k The following quote might help: "She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really... except for Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman." That's Captain Jack talking to Will Turner. There's no real connection, except that the line, "I'm a man of my word" reminds me of this POTC quote! \:D/

I almost forgot: for M*A*S*H fans (yes, Laurie and Andrea, I mean you ;)) Harry Morgan (Colonel Potter) is in an ep in season one! :D
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I love the Partridge Family, but I've only seen season 2. My family bought season 1 right after they shipped me off for university. I'm not sure if they love me.
I have some great pics of Dave Madden dressed like a Native American (or whatever the politically correct term is). As soon as I figure out how to post them, I shall do so.
Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:Threre are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Dave Madden in a Tutu. :reporter:

-Cowboy
=D> =D> :rofl:
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Catspaw wrote:*tries to convince more people to want to watch The Partridge Family*

Appeal to Star Wars fans: Mark Hamill is in one episode in the first season! \:D/ He looks young, but definitely recognizable!

Appeal to POTC fans: one of their songs, called, "I Can Feel Your Heartbeat," has a line that goes "...I'm a man of my word..." which never fails to make me mentally add, "Except for Elizabeth, who is, in fact, a woman." :lol:
As I am both a Star Wars and a PotC fan, you've definitely convinced me! (Of course, you had convinced me even before you posted that... ;))
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Catspaw, that's one of my favorite Jack lines!
Constance Kendall
Not as new

Post by Constance Kendall »

I notest that he sounded like bennard huh that's pritti cool
4 give me if I do somthing dumb
Johndell
Tallying up

Post by Johndell »

well well, uhhhm, I've never acctually seen the Partridge Family! :-k

*RUNS OUT AND BUYS SEASON 1* \:D/
The ToO is mine! *LAUGHS SIGNATURE EVIL VILLIAN LAUGHES EVIL LAUGH AFTER COMMITING AN EVIL ACT* k I'm good now