Extended Version of Narnia

Read! :O

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Extended Version of Narnia

Post by Agentpaw »

There is an extended version of Narnia coming! Click on the link below to read.

http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=806&dl=8612110 \:D/

Alex.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Yes, this has been posted elsewhere. And it's just a rumor at this point. They don't have much to extend it with.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

They could film some new scenes...
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Could, yes. But will they? I hardly think so. The actors have aged, and PreProduction is already in full swing for Prince Caspian.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

They haven't started filming Prince Caspian yet. I'm sure they could quickly write a few scenes for LWW and then film them. I don't think that an extended edition is necessary, though. Isn't the film complete enough?

Dave
Me
An original

Post by Me »

There are a few things I would like to see added (the dancing scene, extended fire), but the movie is pretty complete as it is.

Just going out and filming the scenes isn't much of an option, though. As far as characters go it would be possible, but there are also the locations to worry about. They have to be re-treated to match what they shot years ago, sets have to be rebuilt, a huge crew brought in, etc. It's not as simple as one would hope. It would also be quite expensive. Would I like to see more, certainly. I just don't think there's any way it's going to happen, at least not via a reshoot.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I could see an extended being released for an aniversery of some sort, but unlike LoTR I can do without an extended of the Chronicles of Narnia.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

That would be cool, I would like to have the extended directors cut of LOTR, King Kong, and Narnia! That would be a great collection!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Me wrote:Yes, this has been posted elsewhere. And it's just a rumor at this point. They don't have much to extend it with.
That's exactly what I was going to say. If they don't have much to extend it with there is not much point. I read or heard somewhere that there were only two scenes that did not make it into the movie.
Agent Robert Mitchell
Smile for the camera

Post by Agent Robert Mitchell »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. If there were more scenes cut, it would make more sense to add them in, but if there are just a few it won't be much difference between the original and the extended. Well, we'll see if the rumor is substanciated soon enough.
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
--C. S. Lewis

I have to, unfortunately. -_-
Johndell
Tallying up

Post by Johndell »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :-k I don't think I'll be getting it (IF IT REALLY IS RELEASED) I like the current length of the film, more might ruin it in my opinion :-k
The ToO is mine! *LAUGHS SIGNATURE EVIL VILLIAN LAUGHES EVIL LAUGH AFTER COMMITING AN EVIL ACT* k I'm good now