The 2006 Winter Olympics

Torino, Italy :: Febuary 10-26, 2006

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trinarius wrote:I would like to see some bobsledding. O:) Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time! Cool Runnings! \:D/
Don't forget to kiss your lucky egg! ;)

I like watching bobsledding and some of the cool skiing stuff if I get a chance. :D

Thanks for the kind words of support, danadelfos. ;) They're very much appreciated! \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

YAY!! :thewave:
Ice skating!
Speed skating!
Short-track speed skating!
Skeleton!
Bobsled!
Luge!
Snowboarding!
Free style skiing!
Sky jumping!

:D
noname wrote:I actually have a friend back in California whom I knew back when I was about 8-9 years old - his name was Princeton. (Yes, that's a name, folks! ;)) He loved figure skating, and went on to win a national championship for juniors back in 2004!! (I believe it was that year. :D) Unfortunately, he didn't do as well this year...:(...I was hoping he'd make it to the Olympics!!
I was once shopping in a store when my mom pointed out that Michelle Kwan and her sister were in there too! :rofl:
Couldn't resist sharing that.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I'm very excited to see the skating competitions. THey're always my favorite. :)
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Wooton

Post by Wooton »

Chandler wrote:
noname wrote:I actually have a friend back in California whom I knew back when I was about 8-9 years old - his name was Princeton. (Yes, that's a name, folks! ;)) He loved figure skating, and went on to win a national championship for juniors back in 2004!! (I believe it was that year. :D) Unfortunately, he didn't do as well this year...:(...I was hoping he'd make it to the Olympics!!
I was once shopping in a store when my mom pointed out that Michelle Kwan and her sister were in there too! :rofl:
Really? :shock: Where do you live? :-k
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Wooton wrote:
Chandler wrote:
I have a nasty little habit of not posting that info online. ;)

Besides, I was on vacation. O:)
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

danadelfos wrote:No Canadians shall win :noway: :noway: :noway:

Well okay canadians and the usa no one else though!!!
Except maybe the Hockey. :-
I have to say that my loyalties are divided between Canada and the US. Michelle Kwan will win Gold this year and then have a complete set and the US will medal in Ice dancing and I don't even feel divided for cheering for them because she's Canadian, too.
Wooton

Post by Wooton »

Chandler wrote:
Wooton wrote:
Chandler wrote:
I have a nasty little habit of not posting that info online. ;)

Besides, I was on vacation. O:)
No problem! Me too! Except it's not nasty! ;)

I want to see Sasha Cohen winning Gold this year again! \:D/
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

This year's Olympics hasn't really been advertised much...:-k

BC
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Wooton wrote:I want to see Sasha Cohen winning Gold this year again! \:D/
Michelle Kwan is my sentimental favorite but I'd like to see any American win. :)
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Catspaw wrote:
Trinarius wrote:I would like to see some bobsledding. O:) Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time! Cool Runnings! \:D/
Don't forget to kiss your lucky egg! ;)

I like watching bobsledding and some of the cool skiing stuff if I get a chance. :D
Hehe, that's right! \:D/

The opening ceremonies are a half hour away! Well, at least where I live. ;)
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
countrygirl15
Not as new

Post by countrygirl15 »

we watched the opening ceremony last night! I thought it was ok but not a good as the opening ceremony of the summer olympics in greece!
what we need is a ......

pm me and tell me what we need around here!
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

Canada won its first gold in the downhill bumpy jumpy skiiing thing! YAY! and the Womans hockey team is beating Italy 5 to 0 in the secend!
Image [img]
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

Update: Canada's women hockey team beat the Italians 16-0, which the largest win in women's Olympic hockey. The last record was when Canada's women's hockey team beat Japan 13-0 in 1998. Warning: do not host the winter Olympics unless you want to be creamed by our women's hockey team. Why don't they just give us the medal already? \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Anne wrote:Update: Canada's women hockey team beat the Italians 16-0, which the largest win in women's Olympic hockey. The last record was when Canada's women's hockey team beat Japan 13-0 in 1998. Warning: do not host the winter Olympics unless you want to be creamed by our women's hockey team. Why don't they just give us the medal already? \:D/
Because the US wants another shot. ;)

I didn't even know it was possible to score 16 goals in a hockey game!! :shock:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Anne wrote:Update: Canada's women hockey team beat the Italians 16-0, which the largest win in women's Olympic hockey. The last record was when Canada's women's hockey team beat Japan 13-0 in 1998. Warning: do not host the winter Olympics unless you want to be creamed by our women's hockey team. Why don't they just give us the medal already? \:D/
In terms of women's hockey, it's pretty much Canada vs. the USA... and everyone else. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
In terms of women's hockey, it's pretty much Canada vs. the USA... and everyone else. ;)
But really, when you look at the shots on net, I'm rather disappointed in Canada. Really, they had to shoot over 60 times to get those goals. Sure, Italy didn't score, but they only had 5 shots on net in the whole game. ;)
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

mr. mellow wrote:Canada won its first gold in the downhill bumpy jumpy skiiing thing! YAY! and the Womans hockey team is beating Italy 5 to 0 in the secend!
Moguls. Did you see the American figure skating pair nail the triple axle throw? It was awsome. Also is there anyone here who will be watching the curling???
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

since I have just taken up curling I am intresested in watching it. \:D/
Image [img]
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:Sure, Italy didn't score, but they only had 5 shots on net in the whole game. ;)
That just proves my point. O:)

I'll be watching some of the curling. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

MICHELLE KWAN DROPPED OUT!!! :mecry: :mecry:

And now the only American with a chance for gold is Cohen, who I really do not like. :(
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.