The 2006 Winter Olympics

Torino, Italy :: Febuary 10-26, 2006

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Wooton

The 2006 Winter Olympics

Post by Wooton »

Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

GO USA!!!!!!!!
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Wooton

Post by Wooton »

I know! I hope we get the most medals! \:D/ The great thing about the Olympics is that you don't really have to wait for four years. 2 years after the Summer Olympics, are the Winter Olympics! And vice versa! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! I love the winter Olympics! \:D/ I won't be able to watch them as much as I have in past years, unfortunately. :( But I'll still try to keep an eye on hockey and figure skating and whatever else I can! \:D/

Go Canada! Yay! \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Curling! \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

You said it, Top! \:D/ Aside from curling, I'll definitely be watching hockey... and, perhaps, some speed skating. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

Figure skating! \:D/

nn
Agent DeWhite
Tallying up

Post by Agent DeWhite »

noname wrote:Figure skating! \:D/

nn
Oh, you got that right! I'm so excited! I can't decide if I want Jeff Buttle, or Emmanuel Sandhu to win. (For men's singles.)
What do you do when your nose goes on strike?
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I will defintely be watching figure skating! Michelle Kwan is getting the gold this year! I believe in her!

GO AMERICA! Ye-haw!

I root for Americans, all the time, no matter what!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

YEEESSSS!!! I found another Michelle Kwan fan!! :D Whoo-hoo! \:D/

nn
Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

I won't be watching, but if I did, it would be figure skating, because I would love to do something like that. \:D/ \:D/
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

I actually have a friend back in California whom I knew back when I was about 8-9 years old - his name was Princeton. (Yes, that's a name, folks! ;)) He loved figure skating, and went on to win a national championship for juniors back in 2004!! (I believe it was that year. :D) Unfortunately, he didn't do as well this year...:(...I was hoping he'd make it to the Olympics!!

nn
Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

That's pretty good! Hey, is that you in your avy, noname(I know what you look like, but it's hard to see the face)
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

Hahaha, no...that's actually "Izzie," who played a role in EB's movie "The Greatest Movie Ever Told." :D I thought that part was so hilarious...so I screen-captured it and turned it into an avvy.

nn
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Agent DeWhite wrote:
noname wrote:Figure skating! \:D/

nn
Oh, you got that right! I'm so excited! I can't decide if I want Jeff Buttle, or Emmanuel Sandhu to win. (For men's singles.)
It's highly probable that neither of them will, so don't stress over it too much. ;) But personally, I would go with Jeffrey Buttle. I know it's childish, but I really liked Elvis Stoyko, and in the Nationals, Emmanuel Sandhu was usually his main competitor, so I've never really liked him. Besides, he normally bombs on one of his programs, or at least he used to. :(
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Yeah! I can't wait! Go USA...and maybe Canada for Trent and Catspaw. I hope they both do well! \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:I will defintely be watching figure skating! Michelle Kwan is getting the gold this year! I believe in her!
noname wrote:YEEESSSS!!! I found another Michelle Kwan fan!! :D Whoo-hoo! \:D/

Yay! I like Michelle Kwan too!!! \:D/ I hope she wins the gold - I think she deserves it. She is really a great skater.

I'm hoping my aunt will record some of the Olympics for me so I can see them later. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

The only thing that I think may hinder her is the new judging system, which is more technical than the former one.

nn
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

I would like to see some bobsledding. O:) Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time! Cool Runnings! \:D/
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

No Canadians shall win :noway: :noway: :noway:

Well okay canadians and the usa no one else though!!!
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis