Weirdest ways

to answer the phone

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

This actually happened.

Caller: Hello?
Me: (I thought it was one of my friends.) *assumes scary voice* ...Hello? _(friend's name)__? ...Bwahahahahaa!

It was someone else.

(Hey, I was like...11.)
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

My friend called me, and I said..

"Hello?"

"Hey, this is Joe's pizza, I'd like to confirm the order of two extra large pizzas with Philly Cheesesteak on the side. The total comes to $20.32. Will you pay with check or cash?"

"Ermm...."

"We're on our way."

"WAIT!"

"-forever_faithful?"

"Umm..." Then I burst out laughing... "Ok...."
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Sarah wrote:We usually answer it by saying "________ residence, sarah speaking" and when I have friends call (I usually don't look at the caller ID, just because I'm lazy, but I sometimes do) they always make fun of me. :anxious:
Yeah, My Dad told us that was how he wanted us to answer the phone. But people (especially my Dad's coworkers) like to say in response "Hello Origami speaking, this is Mr. Hatch speaking." It gets on my nerves a little... :-$

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

I normally don't answer the phone, but when I do it's kinda funny, especially when my dad calls.

See, my brother, mom and I all sound exactly alike on the phone. So we answer the phone and pretend to be each other. it normally works on grandparents and churchpeople and our dad/ husband :D

And their never quite sure who they're talking to.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Warning: Not for the squimish (sp) or those who have eaten a meal in the past 20 mins or so

I got fed up with prank calls, but being me didn't want to let the prank callers know they were irritating me, so I turned it into a game so I could have fun too. I told friends / family members ahead of time so they wouldn't try to commit me to a psych ward or anything like that.

Answer Option #1
"Road Kill Cafe.......you kill 'em, we grill 'em"

Answer Option #2 (I actually taped this one and played the tape to get the recording sound rather than live person)
"Hello! And thank you for calling Heaven! God is currently on another call at the moment and unable to answer the phone. If you would like to hold, please press 1, otherwise please wait for the beep and leave a message. Again, thank you for calling."

Answer Option #3
Have a tpe of "Tornado" in and press play where Brian Dern is saying "Goooood Morning Odyssey!" and going through to where he was talking about the sky and saing "I don't think green is a healthy color."

There were others, but I can't remember what they were right now.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I always answer the phone "Hello, this is Laura Ingalls." One night we were all sitting around and I answered the phone. I accidentally said "Hello this is (sister's name) - I mean, Laura Ingalls" and immediately everyone started laughing and so did I. :lol: Thankfully it was just my granny. I was so afraid that it was going to be someone else that had just heard me embarrass myself. :anxious:
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I have a friend who always calls me up on April 1st and says:

"Hi, this is the Chewy Bubble Gum company, where we keep chewing, and chewing, and chewing, and chewing, and chewing, and chewing....", the point being that I'm supposed to hang up and then she can call back and start over, but I've gotten smart and just keep letting her say it. ;)
Country Girl
Classic

Post by Country Girl »

uhm...
I dunno :P
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I'm so unoriginal. :-( I only ever answer with, "Hello?" or "Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins, this is Rachael!" (in a very perky, cheerful voice). Of course, the last I only do at work, so I suppose if I ever did it at home it would be pretty unusual...

Although I'd like to answer in these ways:

"This is Agent 213."

"What?!" (The classic Ms. Parker answer)

"Hello. You've reached Rachael's voicemail. Actually, Rachael is here to take your call right now. Please hold." Ten seconds later: "Hello?"

And for when Felicity calls me: "Blackgaard Residence, Rachael speaking."
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

I just rememberd a few years ago, I would often answer the phone at my church "Aurora First Seventh-day Adventits Church, this is ______, how can I help you"..........well for a while when I was working on a special project with another local church I would also occasionally answer the phone there "Denver South Seventh-day Adventist Church, th is is _____, how can I help you"..........during that special project I spent more time at the second church and answered the phone there more..........one day I was at Aurora First and answered the phone "Denver So...er...Aurora First..........." I think that was one of the few times I answered wrong, normally I was fairly well aware of which church I was in by the time I picked up the phone.

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

My brother, abscout, is known to answer the phone saying
abscout wrote: Hello, you have reached Andreas' ear, if you would kindly say something I will say something back. BEEP!
Do you believe in the couch?
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

I'll often answer the phone in Portuguese :)

Peace Out

-Gimp

Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

gimp80995 wrote:"Road Kill Cafe.......you kill 'em, we grill 'em"
I have a Road Kill Cafe t-shirt! \:D/ My grandparents ate there! :D

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

My dad always answers the phone by saying "yes Dear"

When we are little we were trained to say "The --- residents. May I please ask who is calling?" I did that outa habit until I was about 15 until my mom told me she had us say that becuase when we were little we used to always hung the phone up when we would run to get my mom. So we had to ask who it was so she could call them back.

When i was working on the phones at work I would come home after working for 8 hrs and say "Thank you for calling Eastbay, this is Nikki. How may I help you?"
~Nikki~

My favorite bible verse:
"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into heck." Matthew 5:29
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

My mom always makes us say "Hi, this is _____," because my mother, two sisters and I are sometimes mixed up...almost everytime I don't say that someone will call me my mother's or sister's names.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

I normally, answer the phone with "hello, _____________'s residence." This topic reminded me of a friend of mine. Once I called him, and he said "Yeah, go ahead." So I started talking, and he said " Go ahead!!" in a tone of voice that made me think he was mad at me. So I was like,"um I was just calling about..." and then he said " Hey, I got ya. Just leave your name, phone number, and I'll get back with you as soon as I can." I thought he was joking around with me(since he does that alot (*,) ), and I was laughed, until the beep for the message recorder came on. Then I got mad at him. O:) O:)
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

We have two different lines in our house: the "home line" and my mom's "work line" and then we have three cell phone. So when I answer the home line I say, "Hello" (or Hey!) "this is Danike. My I please ask whose speaking?" Most of my friend cut me off saying, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I have heard!" I answer my mom's business line saying, "Hello?" or "Hallo?" My mom is a German to English transulator so she gets a lot of German people calling...I answer my cell phone usually by saying..."Finally! I have been waiting for your call!" sometimes, "Yup!" or "by saying dumb stuff...

when I call my dad at work he says, "Hello, computer science department, this is Anthony speaking." so I always reply with "Hello, Computer Science this is Anthony speaking!"
Do you believe in the couch?
map
Found

Post by map »

I've done the City Mortuary, you stab em, we slab em and added We're dying to meet ya
Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

Haven't you scared anybody?
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Most of my friends who I would answer the phone like that to know me well enough that the most of a reaction that I'd get outta them is them rolling their eyes :p

We did have a few people confuzled when us kids at the pastor's house began answering with the "Grand Central Station, how may I direct your call"........but since most of the people calling were church members, it didn't take too long for everyone to know what we were up to and actually play along with us :)

Peace Out

-Gimp