Veggitales

To talk about those Little Veggies we all know and love.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Did you watch The Duke and the Pie War??? There was the Story of Moses in there. Also the Duke and the Pie war was the Story of Esther. Granted they're relying more on parody to help tell the story, but it's not like they've abandoned their purpose.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Anybody read where Mrs. Curzon (username ARIA'SMOM) said FluteBoy does a great imitation of Larry the Cucumber? I think that's so cool, because Larry the Cucumber rocks! \:D/
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
king kong skater
Classic

Post by king kong skater »

i agree
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

And I don't care what anyone says; Larry the Cucumber and Larry Boy have got to be the ame character!
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I haven't been able to see any of the most recent videos! I really want to see the LOTR spoof! Toto and the baggy pants or some such nonsense.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I watched Lord of the Beans! It was really funny if you know Lord of the Rings really well...Like the very first scene had the same lines form LOTR and there was just alot of comical allusions from LOTR. but i know most everything would go over the little kids heads, though my little sister liked it anyway. Overall i liked it except it got a little too silly sometimes.
Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

poWerbOy wrote:I watched Lord of the Beans! It was really funny if you know Lord of the Rings really well...Like the very first scene had the same lines form LOTR and there was just alot of comical allusions from LOTR. but i know most everything would go over the little kids heads, though my little sister liked it anyway. Overall i liked it except it got a little too silly sometimes.
On the other hand, we are talking about Veggie Tales. :D
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

poWerbOy wrote:I watched Lord of the Beans! ... Overall i liked it except it got a little too silly sometimes.
Well you do have to consider that this script was entirely written by Phil Vischer. Not to mention that VT is geared for the 6-10 year old age group. So it does have to be goofy and silly.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Lord Of The Beans is awesome.

"I don't know beans!"
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

SPORKS!!! :lol: After I saw that movie, I kept a spork from KFC and tied a ribbon around it's neck and named it -get this- Sporky! (So very original... *grin*)
Yes, The Lord of the Beans was a good one... I also really like the one that has to do with Esther! And Silly Songs with Larry!! Woohoo! My favorite song would have to be "Baaarbara Manateeeee... you are the one for meeeee... sent from up aboooooove... you are the one I love!"
:lol:
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

Umm I believe Big Idea was bought out by Warner ( i think)
I love Veggietales don't get me wrong. But am I the only person that has noticed a lack of "Christian" influence in the later videos? We love the Christmas Star and Easter Carol, but the ones following were not very Godly at all.....maybe I'm the only one.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Aram wrote:Umm I believe Big Idea was bought out by Warner ( i think)
It was Classic Media that bought Big Idea.
Aram wrote:I love Veggietales don't get me wrong. But am I the only person that has noticed a lack of "Christian" influence in the later videos? We love the Christmas Star and Easter Carol, but the ones following were not very Godly at all.....maybe I'm the only one.
You are absolutely right about this...and Phil being out of the circle of influence at Big Idea is one of the major reasons for this. Phil is only involved with acting out the voices he does (Bob, Mr. Lunt and so on) and can write one script a year (this year it was Lord of the Beans).

Sumo of the opera, Duke and the Great Pie War & Minnesota Cuke were all done by Mike and Tim...but there is talk that things will be changing for the better in the near future. (I have an inside contact)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

blipadouzi wrote:
Aram wrote:Umm I believe Big Idea was bought out by Warner ( i think)
It was Classic Media that bought Big Idea.
Awesome! \:D/ They have the US rights to a handful of Godzilla movies! Maybe there will be a crossover some day! \:D/
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only person that noticed that.

I am glad also, that things might be getting better. Godzilla veggietales?

Let's see.....Um "THE ATTACK OF LARRY-ZILLA" in stores tuesday!
totustuus
Pilgrim

Post by totustuus »

HarlowRoxMySox wrote:We currently own all of the veggitales videos except for the Easter Carol. I guess I've been obsessed since I was, like 8ish.
You're not missing out on anything. The Easter Carol is the worst Veggie Tales ever! I enjoyed a lot of the original veggie tales, but I don't think the new ones are quite as good. However, we did get "Lord of the Beans" for Christmas and I really liked that one.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

totustuus wrote:
HarlowRoxMySox wrote:We currently own all of the veggitales videos except for the Easter Carol. I guess I've been obsessed since I was, like 8ish.
You're not missing out on anything. The Easter Carol is the worst Veggie Tales ever! I enjoyed a lot of the original veggie tales, but I don't think the new ones are quite as good. However, we did get "Lord of the Beans" for Christmas and I really liked that one.
We have all the videos except for "Are you my neighbor?" (It's the only one that's not on DVD)...

As for Easter Carol...it okay, but what I really like about it is "Hope's song"...Moves me everytime.
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:I haven't been able to see any of the most recent videos! I really want to see the LOTR spoof! Toto and the baggy pants or some such nonsense.
:sick:
Watch it at your own risk!
It was pretty funny. :D
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")