The Producers

IMPORTANT: read this thread before going to see the movie!!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

The Producers

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I went to see The Producers last thursday... let me just say DO NOT watch it!!!!!!!!!!
That movie supported everything that's wrong with our culter today! It was nasty and showy and racy, and evil, and hysterically funny... but horrible!
I strongly advise peeps not to show support for this movie in theatres, or there'll be more coming like this.
This was the WORST PG-13 movie I ever saw, and I watch Austin Powers! It was "tamed down" enough to be rated PG-13, but there was so much that it should've been rated R.
If it gets alot o support in the box office, than hollywood will be able to get away with that. Than PG-13 movies won't be safe anymore!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Yeah, the musical was pretty bad too. I adore the music, and love Nathane Lane, but, I just might skip this one out.
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Jman 009 wrote:I went to see The Producers last thursday... let me just say DO NOT watch it!!!!!!!!!!
That movie supported everything that's wrong with our culter today! It was nasty and showy and racy, and evil, and hysterically funny... but horrible!
I strongly advise peeps not to show support for this movie in theatres, or there'll be more coming like this.
This was the WORST PG-13 movie I ever saw, and I watch Austin Powers! It was "tamed down" enough to be rated PG-13, but there was so much that it should've been rated R.
If it gets alot o support in the box office, than hollywood will be able to get away with that. Than PG-13 movies won't be safe anymore!
It's a remake anyway and was pretty successful on Broadway.
AwfulWaffle81
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by AwfulWaffle81 »

The original Film directed by Mel Brooks was hilarious! Gene Wilder is an amazing actor and did an excellent job in this film. I might go see the new musical version, but I doubt it will be better than the original film version.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Did you not just read what I said?! You can't go see it! It's completely polluted!

BTW I haven't seen the original, but I wanted to see it even before I knew about this remake.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I haven't seen it, nor do I plan on it. When people go and see movies and come out and say, "Wow, that was a terrible movie," I wonder if they have seen the adds. (Now, sometimes the adds don't show how bad they are, but it usually does.)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I saw the trailer for it before "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" and it didn't look that bad. It looked quite funny and somewhat harmless of a movie (the content wasn't too bad in the trailer). I hope this movie doesn't do well, but my guess is that it will probably do okay.

Dave
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Ack. I didn't plan to see it, anyways. So, why did you stay in it so long, J-man? I mean, I thought you would've left after you saw the racy stuff. Somehow, the evil stuff is considered funny. I remember this time where I was bored and there was nothing on TV, so I turned it to "The Family Guy". I thought it was so funny, but then when it started getting into bad stuff, I turned the channel. I wish there was a show that was funny, but not inappropriate..
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

There is! Full House! \:D/ And Mork and Mindy! \:D/
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

The whole point of the movie, though, is to create the most offensive broadway musical so no one will buy it.