What do you do with the "Topic Reply Notice"s?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Uh..well I guess I already stated the question.

Put them in a folder that now contains apox. 5281 (give or take) e-mails
7%
Delete them as so as I click on the link
30%
Keep them in my inbox witch now contains more e-mails than the rest of the word combined (that didn't make sense but whatever)
No votes
Do different things. (please discribe)
4%
What notices? (I will be very surpised if anyone choses this on)
59%

Total votes: 27

crosskritters
Fourscore and seven

What do you do with the "Topic Reply Notice"s?

Post by crosskritters »

.. and the pm notifications?

--Kat
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

What notices? :-s I've posted enough topics and messages that if I were to select the 'Notify me when a reply is posted' or 'Always notify me of replies' options, I'd receive a steady stream of emails. Try several hundred per day. ](*,) I also disabled the PM notification option since I actively employ the services of the ToO postal office. Gotta love the pop-ups. \:D/
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

You can turn off the post notification thingy. :)
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I don't really do anything with them...

My normal e-mail adress won't recieve stuff that has to do with phpbb. So, I have most phpbb message sent to a webmail account. :P

Sarah
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Delete them--my mail's majorly slow and I get on almost everyday, so I usually read the PM before I get the notice... Although I haven't subscribed to any topics since I first posted here.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I turned off notification when I signed up. That's usually the first thing I do on any board.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

same here, but sometimes a forget to and then I get tons of emails
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I left it on at first, and I couldn't figure out why I had so many meddages in my junk mail folder. It was all ToO stuff. :hilarious: So I went back and turned all but the pm off. I don't get enough to cause problems
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Trent DeWhite wrote:What notices? :-s I've posted enough topics and messages that if I were to select the 'Notify me when a reply is posted' or 'Always notify me of replies' options, I'd receive a steady stream of emails. Try several hundred per day.
Me too. I made that mistake when I first registered at the TH, and quickly found this to be a bad idea. I have the little pop up thingy here, but that's it.

-Jonathan
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I agree. I opted not to get e-mails. I just log on and look at which topics have been posted on. A lot easier!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I forgot to turn the e-mail notification thing off when I first registered here, and then I couldn't believe that I had so many e-mails when I checked my account the next day! Then I realized my mistake. :anxious: I turned it off then - it would be way too annoying otherwise!
Padme Solo
Gold Member

Post by Padme Solo »

I know, me too! I had about 50 emails! I have them all off except the PM one. But my pop-up blocker stops it so I know when I hear a little 'click', it means I have a PM!
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I only have notification for pms, which I delete after I click on the link......
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

i do the top one
Priscilla

<><
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Trent DeWhite wrote:What notices? :-s I've posted enough topics and messages that if I were to select the 'Notify me when a reply is posted' or 'Always notify me of replies' options, I'd receive a steady stream of emails. Try several hundred per day. ](*,) I also disabled the PM notification option since I actively employ the services of the ToO postal office. Gotta love the pop-ups. \:D/
Same here, Trent.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I don't use them... I try to look at all the threads so hopefully I catch all the replies! \:D/
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I only have Notices for PM :-k

I'm not the type of guy that always wonders if someone replied to me; and who it could be...though when I first joined the PM many years back, I was somewhat overly obsessed to know what people thought of every post I made.

Never catch me doing that now, however. Nope. :noway:

BC
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

-Bennett Charles wrote:I only have Notices for PM :-k

I'm not the type of guy that always wonders if someone replied to me; and who it could be...though when I first joined the PM many years back, I was somewhat overly obsessed to know what people thought of every post I made.

Never catch me doing that now, however. Nope. :noway:

BC
I think your post is just... :-#

You obviously didn't want to know. ;)

I don't use the little pop-up feature for PM's... call me crazy but I prefer not to use it. I just have to keep my eye on the bottom of the screen and see if that little number down there is showing. O:)
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

well when I did get them I just pushed the link and later deleated them.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

I don't get them. I would get sooo many emails if I went that way. :noway: