Showering

Yet another hygene topic

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

How often do you shower

Once or more per day
45%
Every other day
32%
a couple times a week
11%
Once a week
5%
Dude! You just reminded me it's time for my monthly shower!
3%
Who has time to shower? There are posts on the ToO to make.
5%

Total votes: 38

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Does anyone else think it's quite odd that we're discussing this? ;)

-Jonathan
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I certainly did, Jonathan. :-s

But then again, it seems we're discussing rather abnormal and unpolitically correct topics quite often here. :lol:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I certainly did, Jonathan. :-s

But then again, it seems we're discussing rather abnormal and unpolitically correct topics quite often here. :lol:
We're AIO fans........which almost seems to indicate that it's our duty to discuss the weird, politically incorrect things.

My appologies if anyone was offended with this thread, however it existed on the TH, and we have new ppl who weren't around when this discussion last took place.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Dude! You just reminded me, It's time for my monthly shower! Seriously. ;)
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Jman 009 wrote:Dude! You just reminded me, It's time for my monthly shower! Seriously. ;)
lol........glad I could be of service. :)

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

How could an individual not smile as you read such a profound discussion such as this.

Showers...everyday, including sunday of course. Summer is different. Got to get the chlorine out of the hair before it turns green. :yes:
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Jman 009 wrote:Dude! You just reminded me, It's time for my monthly shower! Seriously. ;)

Me Too! Well, ok...

I Try to fit ina shower once a week :anxious: But most of the time, twice week, sometimes everyother day... It depends on what's going on.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

gimp80995 wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:I certainly did, Jonathan. :-s

We're AIO fans........which almost seems to indicate that it's our duty to discuss the weird, politically incorrect things.
And to veer horribly offtopic :)
gimp80995" wrote:My appologies if anyone was offended with this thread, however it existed on the TH, and we have new ppl who weren't around when this discussion last took place.

Peace Out

-Gimp
Eeh, I wasn't offended. Just found it odd.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:Does anyone else think it's quite odd that we're discussing this? ;)

-Jonathan
Were you trying to be normal or something? ;)

Good luck! :D
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I usually shower at least once a day, but my mom has been bugging me lately about cutting back. Especially after she gets the gas bill. Apparently it's not a pretty sight.
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Unreal.
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I take a shower every other day usually, but in the summer, I take one almost every day. My hair doesn't usually dry for a day or two because it is almost always braided and is almost three feet long. If I took a shower every day, it would never be dry (unless I used a blow dryer, but that is too much work).
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

I absolutely have to shower every morning before I go to school. No way around it. Even if I take a bath the night before, I just do not wake up without a shower. Plus I like to be clean. Plus, I have really really short hair, and I get serious bedhead, and the only way to fix it is to wash it.
Sometimes I shower before I go to bed, but only if I had a long day with a performance or something that involves stage make up.
Luckily though, after a quick shower, it only takes me two minutes to get ready, cuz my hair style is no fuss. :D
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Screech wrote:

Me Too! Well, ok...

I Try to fit ina shower once a week :anxious: But most of the time, twice week, sometimes everyother day... It depends on what's going on.
Same here Screech. Honestly who has time to take one every day? You people would not have survived two hundred years ago. I always shower at night and I don't have bed head problems.

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

OrigamiKid wrote:
Screech wrote:

Me Too! Well, ok...

Same here Screech. Honestly who has time to take one every day?
I sure don't. And b/c of dry scalp my head doesn't like me if I try. When I do, it's the afternoon b/c I'm sure I'd drown if I attempted it in the morning, and at night I'm just too lazy and preoccupied with other matters.

-Jonathan
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

Every day. I am a good hobbit.
Priscilla

<><
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Now the real question (which I could turn into a new thread if I had the energy) is how long do you typically shower?

I've knwon ppl who are in and out in less than 5 mins (washing hair included)..........sorry, I don't move quite that fast.

Most ppl I know take a 10 min shower or so (I can accomplish this if I'm not washing my hair or if it's simply a mid-afternoon / evening shower cuz of getting sweaty during the day).

I'm typically in the shower for at least 20 mins............I shampoo my hair first (if I'm washing it, I don't always wash my hair every time I get in the shower) I like to get wet, then shut the water off while I sit there and lather up..........and at this point I kinda start daydreaming, so I loose track of how long I've been in.......then I turn the water back on and rinse off really well.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

I make it about a 30 minutes. I have soooo much hair to wash it's not funny. :anxious:
Padme Solo
Gold Member

Post by Padme Solo »

Monday wrote:I make it about a 30 minutes. I have soooo much hair to wash it's not funny. :anxious:
Yeah, me too!

I shower every other day, sometimes I get stuck doing it every day.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

It depends......usually in the mornings it's about 5 minutes, in the evenings about 10-15. Then every once in awhile the water will just feel sooooo good, and I'll go into a shower trance and reemmerge when the water goes cold.....