Have you ever...?

...seen a person who you thought looked like an AIO character?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Have you ever...?

Post by Arwen »

For example...I remember when I first met a friend of mine a while back, thinking she looked just like the way I picture Aubrey.

It was kind of freaky...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I've met a few people who really reminded me of Jason at first.
twinklebelle63
Gold Member

Post by twinklebelle63 »

My choir director @ college looks and sounds exactly like Whit. Freaky...
Ben: "What do you want more than anything else in the world?"
Wembley: "To feel."
---"So Many Eyes"
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I went to college with a smart guy. I thought he looked like he could be Eugene. I told that to someone else. She agreed.
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

I also once saw a guy who had long red hair that just about covered his eyes. He made me think of Eugene.

Also, when I used to watch Diagnosis Murder, Dick Van Dyke reminded me of Whit. He doesn't look anything like the artist's version of Whit, but his voice and grandfatherly look seemed Whit-like to me :).
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

EugeneFan wrote:I also once saw a guy who had long red hair that just about covered his eyes. He made me think of Eugene.

Also, when I used to watch Diagnosis Murder, Dick Van Dyke reminded me of Whit. He doesn't look anything like the artist's version of Whit, but his voice and grandfatherly look seemed Whit-like to me :).
What a good choice for a future replacement of Whit.

It's like...just between Hal Smith and Paul Herlinger...and not too much like one or the other.

I'll have to relisten to his voice to be sure, though.

BC
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Oh yes! Just the other day.....I met the perfect *perfect* somebody from Odyssey....... I forgot who it was and who it looked like.... :anxious: Ahhh!! I can't remember who it was!!! :(
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

We go to church with a guy that looks just like Eugene. But instead of red, it's brown-ish...

It was so weird though, because the other day (actually, it was last sunday, same thing), we were at a restaurant called "Steak 'N Shake" and there was a guy sitting there that looked just like Top. He's not from AIO, but whatever. :P I felt the need to post that.

Sarah
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Ooooo, I really wish we had a Steak n Shake around here :(
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

I saw someone the other day at a church program who looked like Aubrey!
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I knew someone who looked just like what I pictured Katrina would look like. I've also known people who looked like what I picture Tom to look like, but not too many people that match the artist's description.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

The BC wrote:
EugeneFan wrote:I also once saw a guy who had long red hair that just about covered his eyes. He made me think of Eugene.

What a good choice for a future replacement of Whit.

It's like...just between Hal Smith and Paul Herlinger...and not too much like one or the other.

I'll have to relisten to his voice to be sure, though.

BC
Is Dick Van Dyke still alive?
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
twinklebelle63
Gold Member

Post by twinklebelle63 »

He is indeed still alive, though I'm not sure what he's been up to lately.
Ben: "What do you want more than anything else in the world?"
Wembley: "To feel."
---"So Many Eyes"
Me
An original

Post by Me »

A friend of my old youth minister at church looked and sounded exactly like Mitch. His name also happened to be Mitch.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Me wrote:A friend of my old youth minister at church looked and sounded exactly like Mitch. His name also happened to be Mitch.
That's so cool! I once met someone who sounded and acted just like George Barklay.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Sometimes I try to sound like Harlow, but Will Ryan I ain't! :noway: (Besides, I think my southern accent sorta shows through. :anxious: )
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Haha... oops. :oops: I thought you were a girl until I read this. :thud: I missed that little gender indicator thingy. #-o
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Chandler wrote:Haha... oops. :oops: I thought you were a girl until I read this. :thud: I missed that little gender indicator thingy. #-o
You're kidding! :shock: Oh, well. We all make mistakes sometimes. (I have a lot of recent experience!)
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

this lady i saw at target looked and acted like connie. it was weird.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

I've seen a couple Jimmy Barclay's in my time........*laughs* :-