Spider-man

Talk about Spider-man movies here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What did you like better?

Spider-man
17%
Spider-man 2
83%

Total votes: 24

Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Spider-man

Post by Bmuntz »

There is info up about Spider-man 3. Thomas Haden Church is going to play the Villian in it. But It comes out in may 2007.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413300/

What do you think is Better 1 or 2?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The first one is a great movie, but I think the second movie might just be my favorite movie of all time... ](*,)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Most definitely Spiderman 2. It had a better storyline, although I enjoyed the first movie, too. I liked the themes they had going in the two films . . . with great power comes great responsibility . . . and . . . sometimes we have to give up what we love most to do what's right. Good stuff.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Trent DeWhite wrote:Most definitely Spiderman 2. It had a better storyline, although I enjoyed the first movie, too. I liked the themes they had going in the two films . . . with great power comes great responsibility . . . and . . . sometimes we have to give up what we love most to do what's right. Good stuff.
They're great themes for movies... but it's been going on for over 40 years in the comics. He needs to find a new motto. ;)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

They're great themes for movies... but it's been going on for over 40 years in the comics. He needs to find a new motto.
True, but not everyone has read the comics. :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Considering there is a good theme in the comics/movies, I'm sure not complaining.

And spider-man two was better, by a long shot. Of note, the man who played Doc Oc also played John Tesztel in Luther.

-Jonathan
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I can't decide, there both different.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I prefer the second one, but the first one is great too. The second one has great classic lines like, "Hi." How could you not love it? ;) I'm looking forward to Spiderman 3, but that's a long time to wait!
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

For a second there I thought there was actually a Spiderman 3. Yeah i have seen the first one and the second one. I persaonly prefer the first one. The second one was good but it didn't do it for me like the first one did. A spider man 3 would be great, since I am a fan of Peter Parker. Who knows who the villian will be I can only guess. But overall from the way Spiderman has been going its going to be great. I cant wait. I will see it in the theaters for sure.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

I can't wait for it! I liked the second one more.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

I'm looking forward to Venom being the villain in Spiderman 3 :D
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

StupendousMan wrote:I'm looking forward to Venom being the villain in Spiderman 3 :D
It's more likely to be sandman actually.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Sandman is a leading contender.

It is very unlikely to be Venom. Particular if director Sam Raimi is to be believed.

But obviously (well, most likely) it will also have Harry Osborne as Green Goblin 2. There are also some swirling rumors of Black Cat and/or the Lizard being in it, but at this point it's pretty early to tell.

I hope Willem Dafoe does another cameo. [-o<
Last edited by The Top Crusader on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I don't know which one I liked better. I mean, I cringe a lot in these kind of movies. Like when he gets bitten by a spider, or when those pokey things went in Doc Oct's back, ewww... I'm just not an action/adventure person I guess.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I'm sure you loved the part where Doc Ock's tentacles came to life in the hospital room and took the medical team apart. ;)

I think the cool thing about those movies is the overall genres it covers. Yeah, I love the action/adventure elements, but I think I got more out of the life and drama of Peter Parker than the heroics of Spider-man.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Didn't get to watch the entire Ep II. But I still think it's a little better than 1.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

I'm a venom fanboy, actually I read an article that talked to one of the main effect people that said they were working on initial design for venom and the wolfman.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Spiderman 2 was definately better though there were some plot holes. For example, when Dr. Octopus went to find Peter Parker to get information about Spiderman, he through a car door at him and Mary Jane. That would have killed a normal person. If Parker was dead, Dr. Ock won't have anybody to trace Spiderman, thus failing his mission to find Spiderman for Harry.
spiderman
insert dash here

Post by spiderman »

I liked Sppiderman 2 alot more than the first movie.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I LOVED them both! But I liked the special effects in SM2 more. And I liked Doc Oc more than The GG.

I can't wait for SM3! =P~