Movies

in other languages

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
LonelyNation
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by LonelyNation »

I loved Life is Beautiful and The Passion.
It's strange, but I remember it in my mind as if the people were speaking english, even though I know they weren't....funny.
--Grace
P.S. 1'st post! :-)
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:When I first saw the topic I immediately thought of the Passion of the Christ, but I now realize that is not what you meant.

-Cowboy
I wouldn't know, I've never seen the Passion. However, I have seen movies with subtitles, and I don't mind them.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Prince of Egypt en Français! \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

LonelyNation wrote:I loved Life is Beautiful and The Passion.
It's strange, but I remember it in my mind as if the people were speaking english, even though I know they weren't....funny.
--Grace
P.S. 1'st post! :-)
It's funny what our minds do, isn't it? :-k

Welcome here! \:D/ Congrats on your first post!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I've watched foreign movies like Hero, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and House of Flying Daggers, and those are in anther language with english subtitles, is that what you are talking about?

I also watched Mulan in Chinese with english subtitles! I should start watching DVDs in spanish to practice!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Yes, I've watched movies in other languages.

It would help if I could actually understand them, though.......... :-k :p

I've seen

-the Jesus film in Spanish and K'ekchi.

-Ice Age in Chinese

and I even watched Return of the King in Chinese...with subtitles translated into English. Totally hilarious. It was a pirated version from China...so rather cheaply done....and the subtitles were all messed up. We laughed all the way through.