what instruments are used in your church

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

like everything...drums, guitars, keyboards, pianos, tamborines, one time a guy had moraccas (sp?)
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Um.... keyboards, drums, bass, guitars. I guess that's it. :)

Sarah
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

wow, we are up in the mountains and most of the churches around us have drums and such, but we are happy with the piano, organ, and sometimes the guitar. We are old fashion. * sings* "It's an old fashion place, with old fashion people sing old fashion hymn", I forgot the song so sorry if I only got parts in there.

ImageImageImageImage
Susie
Lurker

Post by Susie »

We have a piano, acoustic guitars, and occaisionally a bass guitar.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

only a piano
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Piano, Acoustic and Base guitars, violin (sometimes...if I'm feeling good ;) )....and that's about it!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

poWerbOy wrote:like everything...drums, guitars, keyboards, pianos, tamborines, one time a guy had moraccas (sp?)
Everything you said above...and an orchestra!
Aravis
OK

Post by Aravis »

We usually have 2 or 3 guitars, a drum set, and sometimes a piano. It's really loud.
*Credit for my set goes to Kyla @ www.craftychicklet.com*
He will give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. ~Psalm 91:11 KJV
click here to go to "The Tanglewoods!"
Neosha
OK

Post by Neosha »

piano and a oregon
Peace
love
and Happness
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

At my church we have guitars, drums, piano.........and I think that's it.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

The service I attend is usually piano and organ. About once a month the Bell Choir plays.
The Contemporary service has everything; drums, keyboards, electric guitar, etc.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

In the first service or blended service we have a symphonic orchestra which includes the organ. In the Contemprary service we will have anywhere from a piano, keyboard, electric and acustic guitar to the recorder or the accordian (btw I'm not kidding) it just depends on the kinds of songs we're singing that morning. When our service for young adults was still going we had someone play violin with the band...it's amazing how much the band improved with the simple addition of the violin (I'm a violinist :D ).
totustuus
Pilgrim

Post by totustuus »

Our church has an organ, a piano and a keyboard, we have two or three flte players. No..wait, actually four, I think someone plays violin for the outh mass, and the contemporary choir uses guitars, and one of the kids in the children's choir played the trombone a few times. It was funny. Um... I think that's it, except for when we have the brass instrument player people help us with our Christmas concert.
readywriter
29K to go!

Post by readywriter »

wow, some people's churches have lots of instruments. our church uses a piano. but we have about 7 pianists that play. A different one plays each sunday. a lot of them are teenager girls and moms.
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

My church...well. People that actually play a lot..well...We have several guitarists...accoustic(however it is spelled), bass...I don't know guitars...but we have a lot of guitar people at my church. We have bells (like hand bells), pianos (notice that silly S on the end), an organ, a drum set, lots of little percussion things, flute players (myself included), trumpet players, a clarinetist, a violinist...I think a violist...and a bassoonist(! Yay, for me!).
Do you believe in the couch?
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

We have a piano.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

My church has a piano, several guitarists, a bass guitar player, a clarinetist, a flutist, and a brass ensemble that played for worship. O_o Not all at the same time, though. :rofl:
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Everything! In one service there is a full orchestra!
kellyj
Fourscore and seven

Post by kellyj »

I go to a brotheran church which is very old fashioned. We only have 4 teens inculding me. For music we just use a piano and hymn books
Anna
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Anna »

My church has a piano and usually three violins.