Male equivilances of chick flicks

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Brian wrote:Yes, that is my main complaint, though I really don't see what all the fuss was for LOTR... I mean really, it shouldn't take 10 hours and 3 films to throw some stupid ring into a hole...
:hilarious:

thanks for that laugh Top
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Brian wrote:
STRYPER wrote:
poWerbOy wrote:
Brian wrote:
jollyholiday wrote:It'd be a hard hearted man who didn't tear up at the end of Lord of the Rings Return of the King.

-jolly
I must be hardhearted, then. ;)

Although I did almost cry tears of joy that the accursed film was finally over (although the end lasted like 45 minutes :-s ).

WHAT!!!??? you didn't like LOTR????
I think he was referring to the half a dozen endings Peter Jackson decided to tack on at the end of RotK
Yes, that is my main complaint, though I really don't see what all the fuss was for LOTR... I mean really, it shouldn't take 10 hours and 3 films to throw some stupid ring into a hole...
that's because the story is about a whole lot more than just tossing a ring in a volcanoe. The story is chock-full of symbolisms that apply to the Christian life. J.R.R. Tolkein helped C.S. Lewis become saved. His Christian world view permeated almost every aspect of his stories. He didn't just write about a stupid ring. For example, the ring is symbolic of sin. Mount Doom is symbolic of heck and... well you can put two and two together... I hope.
Last edited by Elrohir on Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm well aware of all that but it doesn't make it an any more enjoyable viewing.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

why?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Brian didn't say that it was an evil cursed movie and no one could watch it, he was just saying he didn't perfer it. That's not a crime.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I have this crazy habit of liking movies that interest me.

I liked the first two movies okay (though I didn't really get into the hype) but all in all the movies are identicle, so by the third one, I just didn't care anymore. I'm glad I saw it once, was pained to see it twice, and won't be bothered in the least if I don't see it again in the near future. If you people want a good trilogy, go with the original Star Wars, Indiana Jones, or the best of them all, Back to the Future. ;)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Brian wrote:I have this crazy habit of liking movies that interest me.

I liked the first two movies okay (though I didn't really get into the hype) but all in all the movies are identicle, so by the third one, I just didn't care anymore. I'm glad I saw it once, was pained to see it twice, and won't be bothered in the least if I don't see it again in the near future. If you people want a good trilogy, go with the original Star Wars, Indiana Jones, or the best of them all, Back to the Future. ;)
I KNEW there was a reason I liked you. ;)

I cannot stand LOTR sadly or not...I'm ok withthat though \:D/
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

To be fair I don't hate it as much as I pretend to. ;)

I just get annoyed when things I think are "okay" get way over-rated (such as the Kill Bill movies, for example...)
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Jonathan wrote:Brian didn't say that it was an evil cursed movie and no one could watch it, he was just saying he didn't perfer it. That's not a crime.
:-s did I imply criminal activity by asking "why?" and by the way he did say it was "accursed" lol. anyway, I'm not mad or anything... I just prefer it when people explain things
^_^
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Elrohir wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Brian didn't say that it was an evil cursed movie and no one could watch it, he was just saying he didn't perfer it. That's not a crime.
:-s did I imply criminal activity by asking "why?" and by the way he did say it was "accursed" lol. anyway, I'm not mad or anything... I just prefer it when people explain things
^_^
My apologies if I offended. I wrote that post in response to your first response to his not liking the films; I saw it as a little dramatic.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

lol. I geuss it was.
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Ok, back to the original topic.

1. Field of Dreams (when Kevin Costner has a catch with his Dad at the end of the movie)

2. Revenge of the Sith(when the Jedi get slaughtered and when Obi-Wan says "you were the Chosen One!")

3. Return of the King ( when Aragorn says, "My friends, you bow to no one.")
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Unleashed!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I don't remember, I have seen so many movies that they all get mixed up in my head. I think that I may have teared up watching Black Hawk Down, (I think that it was the scene where Eric Bana says that he is going back in. I admire courage and the like.)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Me wrote:I would think, however, that a guy "chick flick" would be something more along the lines of Sahara, which basically involves blowing up lots and lots of stuff.

That's kind of what I was thinking too....:p

Anyway, back to the 'crying'....have any of the guys in here watched Ladder 49 and not cried?
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Never seen it or heard about it.

Give me the year, stars, and rating and I'll check it out...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

or... you.. could just give me the link to imdb :roll: that of course has everything I asked for anyway...

I remember that movie now, I even wanted to see it but never did.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became