Reality TV

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I just watched, 'The Contender' last night. It was absoluetely amazing. It made me a fan in a matter of minutes.

The show was just brilliantly odne. I'd recommend it to anyone who appreciates the brute sport of Boxing.

Most interestingly, the show centered around a christian last night. (An actually Christian, not a, 'I'm A Christian...I guess...I suppose....' or...'Sure I'm a Christian. I'm Catholic'...same thing, right?)
Anyways, it was really inspiring because he relied on God the full way through. And every time he took a punch, his wife was praying for him.

Unfortunatly, he lost. Talk about bad advertising.

Fortunatly, the guy was really cool.

-The Master Charles (like me)
drwhit73
Gold Member

Post by drwhit73 »

The only ones I watch are The Contender, The Apprentice, and Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Overall I do not get into "reality television" very much because a lot of it seems like junk.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

-Bennett Charles wrote:Most interestingly, the show centered around a christian last night. (An actually Christian, not a, 'I'm A Christian...I guess...I suppose....' or...'Sure I'm a Christian. I'm Catholic'...same thing, right?)
Anyways, it was really inspiring because he relied on God the full way through. And every time he took a punch, his wife was praying for him.

Unfortunatly, he lost. Talk about bad advertising.

Fortunatly, the guy was really cool.
It's interesting how various reality tv shows include Christians, self-proclaimed or otherwise. I'm thinking American Idol and Amazing Race in particular. A lot of the contestants on Idol attend church (whether they've actually made that committment to Christ is between them and God) . . . winners such as Ruben Studdard from season 2 and Fantasia from season 3 claim to be Christians. Clay Aiken, the man whose persona I have used for my avy, is a self-professed Southern Baptist--and he's certainly made it clear he won't compromise his beliefs for the sake of sales or ratings.

Racers Chip and Kim, and Nicole and Brandon, from Amazing Race 5, were also professed, although the show focused more on Brandon and Nicole's faith . . . they didn't highlight Chip and Kim's beliefs nearly as much.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

dawningoftime wrote:ok The only reality show that I have ever watched was one season of the Bacholor when Andrew Firestone was on it. I've seen bits and pieces of The Apprentice, but I haven't really watched it. For the most part I don't like it, but it is fun watching if you're facinated with the way people interact with each other (yeah I'm strange like that). However if you watch PBS they do a reality type show where they send people back to a different time period. The one that I really liked was Regency House aka the bacholor Jane Austen style. Complete with Chaperones.
We watched a some of the Regency House!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Is that the same place that did the Colonial times and stuff like that? If so I've heard a lot about it but never seen it.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Anyone else keeping up with either of the following: The Amazing Race, American Idol, or The Apprentice? What were your thoughts on the events of this week's episodes?

TAR: Sad to see the brothers leave. They always had an awesome attitude, regardless of whether the situtation was bleak or favorable. =D> As much as I disliked Rob on Survivor, I really like the way he and Amber have raced this season.

AI: Ooh. Nikko Smith got voted out. :shock: I had expected Scott or possibly Anthony to get the boot. Apparently, American Idol received an extremely large number of votes on the Tuesday night. I guess it must've been the fans of all those contestants who didn't perform very well.

Apprentice: Still haven't see the conclusion of the boardroom stuff, so I have no clue who got fired last night. Pretty sad to see Networth lose for . . . the sixth consecutive time? :-s
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I only watch Fear Factor. Or is that a game show? I think it's a mix of Game Show/Reality TV, much like The Amazing Race (which I have wanted to watch, but never seem to actually do it).
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Yeah, Fear Factor would probably be classified as a Reality TV Show, as it isn't scripted, and and it involves the "everyday" person. :: shrug ::

I've watched it once and a while, but I don't it nearly as interesting as ones I've mentioned above. Less entertaining to see people perform three pointless stunts and win cash . . . in TAR, Apprentice, Idol, and even Survivor to some extent, you need to actually need to work anywhere from a full month to four months to win.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

For the Amazing Race I was sad to see the brothers go. They were great and my favorite team but at least they went out wiht style.

For the Apprentice Angie got fired and I thought that was good. All the memebers of Networth did badly that task and ALex was great before he met Hetwork and I really think that Chris would do very well if his temper was better. Chris will get fired soon though.

Who do you think will win the Amazing Race and the Apprentice?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Bmuntz wrote:For the Amazing Race I was sad to see the brothers go. They were great and my favorite team but at least they went out wiht style.
They sure did go out with style. :lol: They were my favorite team, also. Great attitude all the way, but they got a lot of bad breaks. #-o
Bmuntz wrote:For the Apprentice Angie got fired and I thought that was good. All the memebers of Networth did badly that task and ALex was great before he met Hetwork and I really think that Chris would do very well if his temper was better. Chris will get fired soon though.
I can't wait until Chris gets fired. He's a bright young man, but then again he's not so bright--with his demeanor. His temper and tabbaco problems for one. Interesting how Networth has become the "Tribe Ulong" (tribe in this season of Survivor that has lost every single immunity challenge) of the Apprentice. :-k
Bmuntz wrote:Who do you think will win the Amazing Race and the Apprentice?
Who do I think or who do I want?

Amazing Race: I'm cheering for Rob & Amber and Uchenna & Joyce. I wouldn't mind seeing Meredith & Gretchen win it all (despite the fact they haven't raced extremely wisely, they have exerted a lot of energy and endured much thus far). Ultimately, though, I don't care who wins as long as it ain't the gay couple, Lynn & Alex. They're nice guys and all, but the relationship they share just isn't great at all. Ron & Kelly have some relational issues they need to sort out if they want to win... but my pick for winner of TAR7 is Uchenna & Joyce, with Rob & Amber and Lynn & Alex coming in second and third, respectively.

The Apprentice: Now this certainly is interesting. You have four members remaining on Manga and only two members remaining on Net Worth. I wonder if Trump will even up the teams again. However, I hope he doesn't, and I hope Chris gets fired next week. I'm pretty sure Tana will make it to the top 2, as she is the only project manager to have won two tasks. I think. I can't see Craig or Chris lasting much longer. I think it's a tossup between Bren, Kendra, and Alex for the second spot in the top 2. Who will be the Apprentice? My pick is . . . Tana. It's about time Trump hired a female. [-X
drwhit73
Gold Member

Post by drwhit73 »

Trent DeWhite wrote: The Apprentice: Now this certainly is interesting. You have four members remaining on Manga and only two members remaining on Net Worth. I wonder if Trump will even up the teams again. However, I hope he doesn't, and I hope Chris gets fired next week. I'm pretty sure Tana will make it to the top 2, as she is the only project manager to have won two tasks. I think. I can't see Craig or Chris lasting much longer. I think it's a tossup between Bren, Kendra, and Alex for the second spot in the top 2. Who will be the Apprentice? My pick is . . . Tana. It's about time Trump hired a female. [-X
I would have to agree with you. I would hope Chris would be fired as soon as possible. I was hoping he would get fired this week. I would guess maybe it would be Bren and Tana in the top two. I would have to pick Tana as the winner also because she seems like the best qualified to me. My wife and I are both really impressed with her.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Dr. Whit wrote:I would have to agree with you. I would hope Chris would be fired as soon as possible. I was hoping he would get fired this week. I would guess maybe it would be Bren and Tana in the top two. I would have to pick Tana as the winner also because she seems like the best qualified to me. My wife and I are both really impressed with her.
I wished Trump had fired Chris weeks ago. But Chris hasn't really done anything to cause his team's loss(es). If not fired this week, he'll be gone next week. Like you said, Tana seems most qualified for the Trump organization. She's organized, she has fun with the task, and she doesn't melt under pressure--like Angie.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

My thoughts this week's episode of Apprentice:

Well, finally. I'm glad Trump got rid of Chris. Seven consecutive weeks on a losing team and he finally gets fired. His team was pretty discombobulated from the start, although things might have turned out differently had Alex gotten that shot of the logo. Then again, Bren's experience as an attorney didn't help him any, as he did a terrible job with the brochure's text.

Once again, team Magna wins again, and I'm beginning to like Kendra more. She always works hard, even if she can't keep agree with Craig on anything. I wasn't quite sure about Trump's thing about having to pull all-nighters to be successful. I don't get that at all. Some people actually cannot live without sleep. That's just not how God made our body. Anyhow, that's why I have mixed feelings about Tana. Although she said she pulled her weight on this particular task, I did not like what she said about having exemption so "thank you very much, but I'm going to bed." I'd hoped she would've tried a little harder to help out Kendra a bit more . . . but I probably would've done the same if I had been in Tana's position.

Of the remaining contestants, I really think Craig should be fired next week. He simply doesn't seem to communicate his ideas well, even though he has a 1-0 record as project manager. I certainly am more pleased with this group of 5 than I was with last season's top 5. I can see any of the remaining five (Craig, Tana, Kendra, Alex, or Bren) make it to the finale. But I'm still sticking with my prediction that Tana will be in the top 2.
drwhit73
Gold Member

Post by drwhit73 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:My thoughts this week's episode of Apprentice:

Well, finally. I'm glad Trump got rid of Chris. Seven consecutive weeks on a losing team and he finally gets fired. His team was pretty discombobulated from the start, although things might have turned out differently had Alex gotten that shot of the logo. Then again, Bren's experience as an attorney didn't help him any, as he did a terrible job with the brochure's text.

Once again, team Magna wins again, and I'm beginning to like Kendra more. She always works hard, even if she can't keep agree with Craig on anything. I wasn't quite sure about Trump's thing about having to pull all-nighters to be successful. I don't get that at all. Some people actually cannot live without sleep. That's just not how God made our body. Anyhow, that's why I have mixed feelings about Tana. Although she said she pulled her weight on this particular task, I did not like what she said about having exemption so "thank you very much, but I'm going to bed." I'd hoped she would've tried a little harder to help out Kendra a bit more . . . but I probably would've done the same if I had been in Tana's position.

Of the remaining contestants, I really think Craig should be fired next week. He simply doesn't seem to communicate his ideas well, even though he has a 1-0 record as project manager. I certainly am more pleased with this group of 5 than I was with last season's top 5. I can see any of the remaining five (Craig, Tana, Kendra, Alex, or Bren) make it to the finale. But I'm still sticking with my prediction that Tana will be in the top 2.
Yep, it was about time Chris went.
I also really liked Kendra this week. She worked really hard and came up with a quality product. I also had the same feeling about Tana this week concerning the exemption deal. It seemed like she had the attitude that since she was exempt she wouldn't work as hard. On the 3rd episode everyone tried to get Michael fired for a similar reason because they felt he took advantage of his exemption.
Not sure who will win in the end but I could see most anyone of them making it all the way.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Do any you play the Apprentice fantasy game at Yahoo? Theres ten questions from the next ep and you try to get points. I had picked Kendra as the winner 2 or 3 weeks ago as the winner of the Apprentice. This ep made me think that might happen. She kept working while Tana and Craig stopped. They quiet while Kendra kept working and created a very good product. I didn't hear Trump clip so I can't commet on it. I was looking for my glasses during commercial breaks and I missed clips of it. ](*,)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

There's just something about Kendra that makes me think she won't win. I'm not sure what it is . . . she certainly has the self-confidence, the experience, the background, etc. But like I said before, I can certainly see her in the top 2. What I also didn't like about Tana (:: sniff :: I'd liked her a lot until this episode) is how she started taking credit for the brochure by interrupting Kendra. That wasn't very nice. :shame: We saw the same thing with Jen last year. Hopefully Tana straightens up and has a much better outing next time around. She earned two demerits from me personally: (1) Quitting because she had an exemption, and (2) Taking credit for Kendra's idea.
drwhit73
Gold Member

Post by drwhit73 »

Bmuntz wrote:Do any you play the Apprentice fantasy game at Yahoo? Theres ten questions from the next ep and you try to get points. I had picked Kendra as the winner 2 or 3 weeks ago as the winner of the Apprentice. This ep made me think that might happen. She kept working while Tana and Craig stopped. They quiet while Kendra kept working and created a very good product. I didn't hear Trump clip so I can't commet on it. I was looking for my glasses during commercial breaks and I missed clips of it. ](*,)
Actually I didn't know about it before, but now that I do I may have to try it.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I must confess I have not participated in Yahoo's fantasy game, although I enjoyed many of their bonus footage clips. \:D/ Like Dr. Whit, I might have to try my hand at the fantasy game . . . if they'll allow me to join this late in the season. :anxious:

Speaking of the Apprentice:

Although I had mixed feelings about the latest episode, I wasn't terribly disappointed with the result. I certainly was more impressed with Magna's idea . . . I actually liked Networth's concept, but it didn't strike me as particularly efficient. You really needed a table with drawers or something that provided you with easy access to all your papers, etc.

Craig and Kendra still can't seem to work together, and I'm glad they won't be working together anymore. At least not right now. :-k I think it's pretty safe to assume next week will be the "Interviews" week, where the remaining contestants (Alex, Craig, Kendra, and Tana) will be undoubtedly bombarded with question after question from high-ranking executives. :roll: If this occurs, two will most likely be eliminated next week. I really hope Tana and either Alex or Kendra make it through to the finale. Craig simply doesn't know how to communicate effectively, and this has been made extremely apparent in multiple episodes. I can't see how he'll survive the interviews. #-o Kendra, Tana, and Alex, on the other hand, are well-spoken individuals.

Any predictions?

I still think Tana's going to win the whole thing. \:D/
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I love the Amazing Race :D :D :D :D :D
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Does Extreme Makeover Home Edition count? I like it and it's thing about each show, Extreme Makeover Home Edition How'd They Do That?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.