Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

i went to a fairytale wedding of a colleague in the south of france, and it was unlike anything i've ever been to! here's the venue: https://locations.filmfrance.net/sites/ ... k=UfNz5duO we had such amazing food, perfect weather, and an unforgettable time. the day after i went to this mountain town called ax-les-thermes for the night, and now i'm back in rainy amsterdam and dreaming of going back to the warmth :( summer seems far far away this year...
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

We saw a bunch of groundhogs in a cemetery.
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

My life is very busy but I wanted to check in on the Town!

My life update is that I got engaged on May 26!!!
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Parakeet wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:32 am

Congrats but did you see a groundhog on May 26??
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Marvin D. wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:55 am i went to a fairytale wedding of a colleague in the south of france, and it was unlike anything i've ever been to! here's the venue: https://locations.filmfrance.net/sites/ ... k=UfNz5duO we had such amazing food, perfect weather, and an unforgettable time. the day after i went to this mountain town called ax-les-thermes for the night, and now i'm back in rainy amsterdam and dreaming of going back to the warmth :( summer seems far far away this year...
Wow, that looks so nice! That sounds like an amazing time.
The Top Crusader wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:00 pm
Parakeet wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:32 am

Congrats but did you see a groundhog on May 26??
Congrats on the groundhog, Top!

Wow, Parakeet, that's awesome news. Congrats. \:D/ Thanks for coming by to share with us!
lb81zq
Lurker

Post by lb81zq »

Marvin D. wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:55 am i went to a fairytale wedding of a colleague in the south of france, and it was unlike anything i've ever been to! here's the venue: https://locations.filmfrance.net/sites/ ... k=UfNz5duO we had such amazing food, perfect weather, and an unforgettable time. the day after i went to this mountain town called ax-les-thermes for the night, and now i'm back in rainy amsterdam and dreaming of going back to the warmth :( summer seems far far away this year...
What a beautiful place! The photo itself slightly reminds me of old French movies. It has the same color palette
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm having a pity party right now. A friend and I were planning to go to a concert a few hours away and I just got an email less than a week before the event that it's cancelled. :sniff: I'm very disappointed. I originally wanted to go with my friend and she wasn't sure it would work, so I decided I would go by myself, and then I could go to two concerts in nearby cities on consecutive nights, which sounded really fun. Then my friend she could go to the first concert, so I bought tickets and she booked a hotel nearby. It was all happy thoughts until today, since now I am still committed to go with my friend to what turns out to be a non-refundable hotel, but she can't change her schedule to go to the second concert. All said, the logistics do not work for me to go to the second concert on my own without an insane amount of driving in one day and/or being a not-great friend. So now I'm bummed and feeling guilty about it.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Catspaw wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:20 pm I'm having a pity party right now. A friend and I were planning to go to a concert a few hours away and I just got an email less than a week before the event that it's cancelled. :sniff: I'm very disappointed. I originally wanted to go with my friend and she wasn't sure it would work, so I decided I would go by myself, and then I could go to two concerts in nearby cities on consecutive nights, which sounded really fun. Then my friend she could go to the first concert, so I bought tickets and she booked a hotel nearby. It was all happy thoughts until today, since now I am still committed to go with my friend to what turns out to be a non-refundable hotel, but she can't change her schedule to go to the second concert. All said, the logistics do not work for me to go to the second concert on my own without an insane amount of driving in one day and/or being a not-great friend. So now I'm bummed and feeling guilty about it.
Bummer hopefully they reschedule Tenacious D nearer to you next time. :(
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

That stinks! Sorry about the change of plans, Catspaw. :(
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:16 pm
Catspaw wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:20 pm I'm having a pity party right now. A friend and I were planning to go to a concert a few hours away and I just got an email less than a week before the event that it's cancelled. :sniff: I'm very disappointed. I originally wanted to go with my friend and she wasn't sure it would work, so I decided I would go by myself, and then I could go to two concerts in nearby cities on consecutive nights, which sounded really fun. Then my friend she could go to the first concert, so I bought tickets and she booked a hotel nearby. It was all happy thoughts until today, since now I am still committed to go with my friend to what turns out to be a non-refundable hotel, but she can't change her schedule to go to the second concert. All said, the logistics do not work for me to go to the second concert on my own without an insane amount of driving in one day and/or being a not-great friend. So now I'm bummed and feeling guilty about it.
Bummer hopefully they reschedule Tenacious D nearer to you next time. :(
:lol: Yes, I'll just have to watch Jack Black sing "Hit Me Baby One More Time" on repeat as a substitute.
Laura Ingalls wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:32 pm That stinks! Sorry about the change of plans, Catspaw. :(
Thanks Laura. :hug: