The Ballad of Whit and Ham

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

The Ballad of Whit and Ham

Post by The Top Crusader »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's an honour to hear your eternal masterpiece sung with such love and feeling.

Seriously, it sounds really good, and I'm worried I will get it stuck in my head, start singing it out loud, and have to try to explain any piece of the lyrics to someone else. :thud:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

It turned out significantly better than I expected…
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

This is actually pretty catchy, I like it! =D>

I'd be interested in knowing the history behind this ongoing 'Whit and Ham' that I see frequently referenced around the ToO. :-k
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I don't really remember. >_>

I thought the lyrics were originally posted publicly but I had to dig them out of a private faction to make this work of art.

Maybe someone else has a better memory, I kinda sorta think it all started from a thread about random AIO matchmaking and I or a like minded individual said "Whit and ham" for no reason. And it evolved. It was 2005, we didn't know better. But I think it was a dumb joke before the song lyrics. And by dumb joke, I mean a very smart joke.