What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Catspaw wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:53 pm That sounds interesting, Laurie!

I'm reading "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom. I've been meaning to read it for years, and I was especially curious when I realized the AIO episode "Tuesdays with Wooton" was obviously named after that book. It's very good so far. I would definitely recommend it to teen and up readers. I'm not quite done yet and curious to see exactly what happens.

It was a good book. Now I'm reading A Match in the Making by Jen Turano. It is the first book in her The Matchmakers trilogy. Very good so far. Jen Turano is one of my favorites.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I just got done reading God Gave Rock and Roll to You: A History of Contemporary Christian Music. I have to say having a Dad who worked in Christian radio most of the information in this book was not new to me, however it interesting to how the effects of the industry have been and still continue to be felt even if it's not as big as it was in the 90's.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Yesterday I finished Until Leaves Fall in Paris by Sarah Sundin, excellent story. I've started The Farm Stand by Amy Clipston, it is the second book in her Amish Marketplace series.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thursday Next wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:07 pm I just got done reading God Gave Rock and Roll to You: A History of Contemporary Christian Music. I have to say having a Dad who worked in Christian radio most of the information in this book was not new to me, however it interesting to how the effects of the industry have been and still continue to be felt even if it's not as big as it was in the 90's.
That sounds like an interesting book! That's a great title.

I'm reading "12 Crucial Truths of the Christian Faith" by Josh McDowell and Sean McDowell. I like to take my time with non-fiction books, so I'll read a chapter here and there between reading my fiction book. It's off to a good start!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just now finished The Farm Stand, very good there were some characters that I did not like at first but they turned around at the end. Up next for me is The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip by Sara Brunsvold, a new author for me.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm not familiar with that author, Laurie. I hope you enjoy it!

I'm starting "A Castaway in Cornwall" by Julie Klassen. I love her books and got behind on reading her new books. I buy them as they are released and then fall into the trap of saving them for the perfect time because I know they'll be really good, but then it's a couple of years and a couple of new books later and they're still unread! Oh dear. ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip was released in 2022. Sadly it has taken me this long to read it. It is Ms. Brunsvold's first novel. She has a new novel: The Divine Proverb of Streusel out now. Released this year.
I finished The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip, a beautiful and very moving story. Up next for me is Fragile Designs by Colleen Coble.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Catspaw wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:03 pm
Thursday Next wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:07 pm I just got done reading God Gave Rock and Roll to You: A History of Contemporary Christian Music. I have to say having a Dad who worked in Christian radio most of the information in this book was not new to me, however it interesting to how the effects of the industry have been and still continue to be felt even if it's not as big as it was in the 90's.
That sounds like an interesting book! That's a great title.

I'm reading "12 Crucial Truths of the Christian Faith" by Josh McDowell and Sean McDowell. I like to take my time with non-fiction books, so I'll read a chapter here and there between reading my fiction book. It's off to a good start!
I just got done reading it and one thing I find interesting is how they talk about artists like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson even though they weren't in Christian music (both had church backgrounds, though) they were still expected to hold to the ideal woman that Christian culture demanded.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Fragile Designs, good book. Not as much suspense as I hoped though. Up next for me is In This Moment by Gabrielle Meyer, it is the second book in her Timeless series.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Born a Crime - Trevor Noah. Really pulls you in from the first few paragraphs!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished In This Moment, excellent book! I can't wait for the third book. Up next for me is The Woman from Lydia by Angela Hunt.
Calhackett
Lurker
Post by Calhackett »

I working through the Wingfeather Saga rn. I’m like half way thru book 2
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Heart's Choice, very good. There were two characters I did not like but that only shows how very talented Tracie Peterson and Kimberley Woodhouse are.
Up next for me is FDR's Mentors by Michael J. Gerhardt.