Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Stars avoid being swept! :o
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Woohoo! I successfully picked Pavelski as the OT winner. \:D/ I really like Pavelski. I don't love Vegas, so I was happy to see Dallas keep the series going.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It's the Panthers and Golden Knights! Game 1 Saturday!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Let's go Panthers, let's go! (clap clap). \:D/ I was sorry to see Dallas go out in such a lame game six. Now we have a long wait until Saturday for the finals to start. I'm looking forward to it! I'm really busy this week so I might not even miss not having hockey almost every night...or I might go into withdrawal. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Maybe only one game left.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Boooo. I was hoping the Panthers would win game 4. The second Florida goal was hilarious, technically credited to Montour (if I recall correctly) but it really bounced off two different Vegas players skate blades and right past Hill into the net. :lol: I thought they were getting the right bounces and they had lots of chances to tie things up, but they didn't manage to score. I'll definitely be watching and cheering on the Panthers Monday night!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I just saw the drama after the horn, wonder if that will carry into the next game.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Correction to my earlier post when I said the game was tonight - obviously it's tomorrow night. #-o

By this point in a series there has been plenty of animosity built up. I think the chippiness will continue, though hopefully not quite at the level of shenanigans of the end of the previous game.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It's Vegas!
Image Image
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yeah, this one was done early. I saw the 2-0 goal, then had to leave for a while and came home to see 6-1 Vegas and knew it was over. Looks like a 9-3 final. At least the Panthers won one more game than their 1996 finals run? :-k Tough game for Bob.

I love the playoffs but even I'm ready for hockey to be over for a while!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It turned out I wasn't actually able to watch any of the games, this was the first year in decades that the entire finals series was exclusively on cable. :(
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I was disappointed, I was cheering for Florida. My husband was cheering for Vegas, though.
Florida just couldn't get anything going.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:59 pm It turned out I wasn't actually able to watch any of the games, this was the first year in decades that the entire finals series was exclusively on cable. :(
Oh yeah, I heard that was a change in the US. That wasn't an issue in Canada, but you would have been geoblocked from watching on CBC I'm sure.

Laura, you are a person of excellent taste. :yes: Yeah, after taking down such tough competition the last three rounds, I was definitely hoping for a better showing. The Panthers had an amazing run. Injuries, tired, came up against a hot goaltender...it happens.