Album 75: The Best is Yet to Come

This is going to be huge!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Album 75: The Best is Yet to Come

Post by Peachey Keen »

Let the speculations begin!

Album 75 Summary
Club post summary: Everything has led to this moment. A new technology created by Odyssey's own Eugene Meltsner could change medical science as we know it. This new creation would improve the lives of thousands ― even millions. But Eugene is the only one who can guide his work into the future. The four-part adventure “The Best Is Yet to Come” presents an incredibly difficult decision for the Meltsner family, with implications for their fans…and the rest of the world.

Meanwhile, in “Two’s Company, Four’s a Crowd,” Suzu Rydell pulls Emily Jones into a mystery where the clues contradict themselves. Will they find a way to work together and solve a bizarre case?

And finally, a mysterious phone call gives Penny Bassett an opportunity to bring closure to a dark chapter from her past, though the process comes with its own painful revelations. Don’t miss “As Far As It Depends on Me.”

Past, present, and future collide at a critical turning point. This summer, we and our friends in Odyssey will realize that despite difficult times, The Best Is Yet to Come.

Retail listing summary: Eugene's medical science creation could improve millions of lives. But it demands a difficult decision that will impact his entire family's future. Meanwhile, can Suzu and Emily solve a mystery laced with contradictory clues? And a cryptic phone call offers Penny the chance for closure---but comes with painful revelations! Ages 7 to 12. Includes 2 CDs, 2+ hours.
Album 75 Artwork
Not going to lie, I think just reading the summary and/or the album title made me tear up a little.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Interesting. Thanks for sharing, PK. I wonder if the difficult decision involves moving/seclusion in some way that takes Eugene away in a permanent way. It could be something else but that's what first came to my mind.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That's definitely what I first thought as well.
PinkIsNotMyColor
Hexadecimal teenager
Post by PinkIsNotMyColor »

I agree.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I like the phone case that Buck has :D

Haven't listened to new episodes in...a while, but I bet this is where the Melstners get written out.
chadagonye
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by chadagonye »

Do y'all think this is how the Jules–Buck romance gets resolved? Connie–Mitch style?

I have been wondering whether maybe Eugene has to transfer the imprint of his brain into a computer or something...so he can have a different voice. But I think this is the unlikelier scenario, compared to having to leave Odyssey....

PS - there are conflicting versions of the content description on the internet, but I believe it should read "friends" instead of "fans".
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

chadagonye wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:09 am Do y'all think this is how the Jules–Buck romance gets resolved? Connie–Mitch style?

I have been wondering whether maybe Eugene has to transfer the imprint of his brain into a computer or something...so he can have a different voice. But I think this is the unlikelier scenario, compared to having to leave Odyssey....

PS - there are conflicting versions of the content description on the internet, but I believe it should read "friends" instead of "fans".
Oh yeah, friends makes way more sense than fans, now that you mention it.

I did not like the way Connie and Mitch ended, and I think that would be a terrible ending for Jules and Buck. Not saying it's not worth considering, just that I suspect it would not be appealing to a lot of people. I think they would want to find a way to keep Buck in some way, even if Eugene and possibly Katrina get written out.
chadagonye
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by chadagonye »

I agree re: Buck. It just seems so strange that they would start the Jules & Buck relationship after building up to it for years and years, only to be like, "whelp, now Buck's gone, deal with it, everybody!" Whereas Connie & Mitch got together basically as soon as they met. So unless their plan is for them to separate, independently become Christians, and then come back together, I doubt Buck is being written out.

But who knows, it is Odyssey. And actors have their own things going on. And maybe they feel like there's too much teen & adult romance on the show and they want to get back to focusing on the kids, so they had Jules & Buck get together to satisfy the fans, but now they have to make this difficult decision for the sake of the whole dang world.

And I have thereby talked myself out of having any prediction whatsoever.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Actually, that does kind of make sense. You have definitely talked me around to the possibility of Buck leaving - though I still would find a temporary absence more likely than permanent.
Bananareader
Gold Member
Post by Bananareader »

I definitely think that Eugene will probably have to move in this album.
chadagonye
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by chadagonye »

Potential Album 77 spoiler, relevant to Album 75 ending:
So I was just looking at album 77 in the AIO wiki, and there are two Buck episodes, so it seems like Buck will be sticking around, at least!
Last edited by chadagonye on Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

chadagonye wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:28 am So I was just looking at album 77 in the AIO wiki, and there are two Buck episodes, so it seems like Buck will be sticking around, at least!
Yay! That's good news. Is that a spoiler? ;)
I guess he could move and still be in episodes over the phone or whatever (Sample dialogue: "I really wish Buck was here." "No problem, let's Skype with him and get some folksy friendship time in") but it still means the character is present.

Edited to add spoiler tags just in case!
chadagonye
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by chadagonye »

Ooh, I didn't think about it being a potential spoiler! I edited the previous comment. :-D But anyway, I love that folksy Skype thought. :lol:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

chadagonye wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:03 am Ooh, I didn't think about it being a potential spoiler! I edited the previous comment. :-D But anyway, I love that folksy Skype thought. :lol:
I was more kidding than anything, but it might be. :-$ Since you edited your post, then I'll edit mine as well.
chadagonye
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by chadagonye »

Catspaw, I'm only just getting to know you, but you are truly a ToO champion.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Aww, I think that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me! Thanks chadagonye. :) Once we know each other a little more you're allowed to change your mind. O:)
chadagonye
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by chadagonye »

Hey, does anybody know if the episodes are going to be released on the club 1 / week or if they will all drop at the same time? I'm assuming the former.