ToO Trivia!

A stroll through random stops on memory lane!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Question: To what movie did The Top Crusader compare his first experience meeting Continental Admiral in real life?

Answer: The Exorcist
Baragon, quoting Top wrote:somehow... I was compelled to go, even though I really didn't want to! And, yeah... at this point, looking back... I really have no doubt that it was a nudge (er... shove) from God... and I think Jess would say the same thing, as far as her wanting to meet me to begin with (it makes me think of the scene in The Exorcist when the priest is shouting "THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!" *splashes holy water*).

We all know the famous thread about their first meeting which is bumped annually to celebrate the momentous occasion. Other prominent related threads include the engagement announcement, wedding date announcement, wedding celebration, and of course their epic baby announcement. But less remembered, probably because it's buried away in an ancient election thread for a campaign that ended up being quickly disbanded, is this gem of a post where Top and Baragon both give accounts of how their relationship developed in a more personal and serious way than it tends to be discussed elsewhere.

Likening the experience to something from the most famous horror movie of all time is certainly a not-at-all strange way to describe meeting your soul mate! :) In seriousness though, this post is super sweet and you should go read it in full.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, I could have made one hundred guesses and never come up with that! :lol:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Stumbling across that post and genuinely laughing out loud when I read that part of it was the motivation to eventually make up this whole game idea. :P I had to find a way to bring attention to that old locked thread.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I finally had time to read the romantic tale. It's a great story.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:35 pmI think I know.

I actually am not absolutely 100% sure if I made the specific movie comparison I have in mind now on here
Was this what you were thinking of?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:26 pm
The Top Crusader wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:35 pmI think I know.

I actually am not absolutely 100% sure if I made the specific movie comparison I have in mind now on here
Was this what you were thinking of?
I'm glad you asked because I'm curious too! It's fair that Top might remember his life better than the rest of us ;) but it was a long time ago!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was hoping Top would post himself, but I don't think we can wait on it any longer. I did get a response via PM which I'll post on his behalf to provide closure on this here in the thread so we can continue with the game.

The Top Crusader wrote:
bookworm wrote:Were you right?
Haha, no. Not even a little!

I know at some point somewhere once or twice I made the allusion to Marty explaining to Doc that falling in love was like getting struck by lightning in Back to the Future (Part 3 I think). But I was amused to see that again--usually once I see something it jogs my memory but I have zero recollection of that post!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, that's great! I can relate because I sometimes read my own old posts and have no memory of saying that, though I obviously did!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Question 4:
What was the title of the Blackgaard Clan dramatization that Dr. Watson made?

Anyone with a guess post your answer in a spoiler tag!
No peeking at what other people say until you make your own guess!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really should know the answer to this question, but I do not recall. :anxious: Maybe it will come to me...
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

The Geneva Convention
\:D/]
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Question: What was the title of the Blackgaard Clan dramatization that Dr. Watson made?

Answer: The Geneva Convention
Dr. Watson wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present the first Blackgaard audio drama--The Blackgaard Clan--The Geneva Convention!

Those who were involved firsthand could give a better summary of the specific history of The Blackgaard Clan's origins and their activities over the years than I could as an outsider, but this roleplaying group was a fundamental part of the ToO community in the early days. This epic audio drama produced by Dr. Watson was inspired by a remark in one of their many RP threads, but you don't have to be familiar with any of the history to follow this story and enjoy the awesomeness of the production!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yeah, I never would have come up with that. :anxious: Apparently a lot of things have left my brain since 2006. Congrats to Laura for remembering! :highfive:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Question 5:
To her embarrassment, it was revealed that Jessicado had what in her kitchen?

Anyone with a guess post your answer in a spoiler tag!
No peeking at what other people say until you make your own guess!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Maybe a mouse?
I did guess but don't remember. I have a vague recollection of a great story that goes with this but I don't actually remember what it was.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Question: To her embarrassment, it was revealed that Jessicado had what in her kitchen?

Answer: Barbie toasters
Catspaw wrote:*is afraid to say whether or not she also may have seen the other half of the picture* :anxious:

Okay, you guys dragged it out of me!

Jessicado has a collection of Barbie toasters!

This could have been kind of a trick question, because it isn't actually true. Though an "over abundance" of generic toasters did in fact exist, the Barbie ones were a fictional detail created to jokingly explain why Jessicado didn't want people to see the photo, when in reality what had actually upset her was simply that the photo was posted at all.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, that's great. I clearly did not remember the toaster picture debacle. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm so sorry about this abrupt and very extended delay! I've been really busy. I hope to get the game rolling again soon and finish out the handful of remaining rounds that I had in mind!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm looking forward to finding out what else I have all forgotten about the ToO! \:D/