Haunted Mansion

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Haunted Mansion

Post by bookworm »

I didn't know they were remaking this!

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

When I saw the title of the thread, I see to recall you saying you liked Haunted Mansion. I haven't seen it and I'm really not that interested, but this does look kind of fun! Owen Wilson seems to be all in on the Disney stuff.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yes I am a fan of the original movie, which there don't seem to be very many of so I guess it's not surprising that they wanted to make another attempt at it hoping for a better reception this time around.

I'm curious what kind of tone they go for with this one. It seems like it might be leaning more into actually scary than the first one did, but clearly still has a strong, if not primary, comedic focus. Will need to see more material to really get a feel for it, obviously this was just the extremely limited first look.

(Also I said remake, but this would actually technically be a reboot I guess. Insignificant difference in this particular case probably, but because I previously established myself as a stickler for using the proper terms, because there are cases where the distinction matters more, I felt the need to correct myself.)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

There was a trailer before Indy (a different one than posted in this thread) and it looked pretty scary. Not like "I am an adult and will have nightmares" scary, but not "This will be fun for kids" either. Maybe some kids and parents out there will disagree with me, but it didn't look super great to me.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

-- July 29th, 2023, 7:29 pm --

As long as I don't hear that it's actually terror scary, which I can't imagine it is, I will definitely be watching it eventually. Probably not for a while though, I'm feeling like waiting to watch on Disney Plus closer to Halloween.

-- October 31st, 2023, 2:46 pm --

I'm watching it tonight!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Let us know what you think! I keep seeing ads for it but I still can't muster up much interest. A great review from you would at least make me mildly curious. ;)