Ant Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Ant Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Just the name of the movie is fun! It's not like I've been holding my breath waiting for this or anything ;) but I liked the first two Ant-Man movies and this looks like it should be worth watching.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I want to be excited and I like Paul Rudd, but eh… trailer doesn’t excite me too much. I think I feel burned on the latest MCU phase. There has always been the occasional mediocre film in every phase, but the last batch has been mediocre *at best* with the exception of No Way Home being good (but Eternals balances that back down by being so stinky). It’s just getting harder to be excited.

That said, I’ll totally watch it on opening weekend if at all possible. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yeah, I hear you, Top. I don't know if some people are more excited but I also have found a lot of recent Marvel movies to be in the "meh" category. It also has not stopped me from wanting to watch them, if not necessarily right away.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm more positive on the Ant Man series than most seem to be so I'm looking forward to checking this out. I wouldn't say I'm eagerly excited for it, but I wasn't for the others either I just enjoyed them when I saw them.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

They could definitely do some really cool and unexpected things with the quantum realm, and Kang is a super classic character that is neat to finally show up in a movie (even though I'm not like the president of the Kang fan club or anything). Maybe there will be something more interesting in the quantum realm than a lot of flashing lights and Bill Murray that they just haven't revealed yet.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Looks like fun! I'm planning to see it this weekend. I'm not so excited that I would have to see it opening weekend, but that's what ended up working out. I do like to see things before spoilers emerge, which might be the case with this movie, so seeing it early is probably a good thing.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm undecided if I'll be seeing it in theaters. I'm behind on current MCU releases right now, just like I was when the previous two both came out, but while I went ahead and saw those anyway out of sequence because they were self-contained this one seems to play a more connected role in the greater story than the others did based on the little I've heard about it.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yeah, I was just thinking that I don't really have time to watch Black Panther 2 on Disney+ before I see this movie, and I don't know if that will be an issue or not. Maybe I'll try to squeeze it in. I hate to watch things out of order. That's the downside to things being so connected.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I'm not refusing to see this but I still can't gather much enthusiasm so I don't know if I'll actually make time to see it in theaters, with the knowledge that it'll be on D+ relatively soon, assuming they follow a similar timeline of the last few films. I'd totally boot it up and watch it in my recliner at home after my child is asleep but making arrangements to go out into the world and see it is quite the ask. :noway:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw it this weekend and it was fun. I don't think I missed anything because I haven't seen Wakanda Forever yet. I enjoyed the movie and certainly laughed (especially when my brother called one of the funny lines out loud seconds before the character said it, making us laugh extra hard) and was moderately entertained. There were a few too many slow parts for me and because (not really a spoiler) it's mostly in the quantum realm, it felt a bit disconnected. If you like Marvel movies, and especially Antman, it's still worth a watch. If, like Top, you're waiting to watch at home, you probably won't feel like you missed too much.