953: Renee Renewed

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
Polehaus53
29K to go!
953: Renee Renewed

Post by Polehaus53 »

Renee and Horus make a breakthrough on an advanced scientific device. It uses Mr. Whittaker’s technology, but they haven’t asked his permission.
Anyone have any thoughts on the second episode of Album 74?
This episode marks Renee D. Carter finally appearing outside of AIO Club exclusive episodes! \:D/ Her step into the mainstream albums is long overdue.

It seems as though Renee got a new actress. I have not listened to any Renee episodes in quite a while, so I did not even notice that the actress for Renee had been changed until I listened to this episode for a second time. :anxious: I'm wondering why they made this change. Was Amy Pemberton unavailable? :? Although the actress has changed, the story of her character remains the same, and I enjoyed hearing it continued in this episode.

I have a feeling that this episode is the beginning of events that will play an important part in Odyssey’s future episodes: It establishes that Renee as a new employee at Whit’s End that we will be seeing more of as we see less of Eugene. I also think that this episode will be important to future Novacom episodes. After all, it introduces what I believe is a piece of Imagination Station technology that can be used in the wrong ways. Maybe this will play into future episodes.

Overall, I think this was a good episode and I look forward to hearing more of Renee’s story in the mainstream albums!
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I am a Club member but just still haven't gotten around to listening to any Club episodes :anxious: so I was unfamiliar with Renee. The little summary track of her past stuff on the CD collection was helpful but it reminded me of a downside to the Club episodes being a thing, where someone who has every album (like me) is still behind. I know this isn't just an AIO thing and Marvel fans and Star Wars fans and more also have that "Wait, did I miss something?" feeling, but I don't like it.

That said, the episode was okay. I wasn't too attached the character but I can see why it's time for a new character.

When Whit said something about Eugene being so busy and not working many hours or whatever, I just kept listening and then a minute later it was like I suddenly remembered that Will Ryan was dead and it made me sad. It's not like I didn't know, but it was weird how it took a little time for it to click in my mind.